WHEN SUDDENLY...! Add the Next Line - A story written by Our Community 📖

“Next we need me again.” Natalya said, walking on by.

“What for?” @akionna asked.

Natalya grinned and as she was about to touch her dress, the flying pans were back.

3 Likes

Frying pans attacked Natalya in a frenzy. Alas, they did not understand the power of silicone. They bounced off and shattered against each other.

“Retreat!” Little voices yelled in panic. “Regroup!”

“Who’s that?” wondered Hu Tao.

Everyone watched as cast iron bits swirled and disappeared.

“I think Natalya broke the frying pans!” gasped @sleepyhead.

“That’s mean!” Proteus shivered in outrage.

“Guys, look …” @Photon pointed.

“I’m ready!” grinned @nevarmaor, even as Mila smacked him.

“I’m not!” @sft1965 covered his eyes.

Natalya smirked and flicked the red fabric. The whole dress slid off.

2 Likes

To her dismay, Natalya discovered she was wearing Cyprian’s metal under gear (how on earth did that happen?) and the remains of the pans whimpered off into the etherium, complaining of the strength of Cyprian’s duds.

In the meantime, a certain Cat looked quizzically at the book, and wondered what the faint chanting was that she heard.

“Is that—?”

HuTao’s stomach rumbled loudly in protest. If there was gonna be an Exorcism, there had better be an Exorcism Smoothie!

He reached for the blender and wondered momentarily if six bulbs of garlic might taste strange with fruit…

4 Likes

Hu Tao shrugged, adding the garlic bulbs. Then he dumped a quart of vanilla ice cream into the blender. And finally blueberries … and eggplant too.

“No thank you.” @sleepyhead backed away.

“It’s for her.” Proteus waved to Natalya.

“I’m lactose intolerant!” she gasped.

“Is she possessed too?” asked @sft1965.

“Try it!” Hu Tao offered the Exorcism Smoothie to Natalya. “It will change you.”

She grumbled, but took a sip anyway.

No one noticed anything … except for @nevarmaor. He heard the faint sound of metal scraping and falling. Uh-oh!

Would Natalya’s metal undergarments stay up without screws?

2 Likes

“Just ride free and easy girl! The breeze wafting around…everything. Mhmm!”

The assorted crowd all looked in bemused wonderment as Zeline wandered on set.

“What the…? Why are you here?” asked @nevarmaor

Edit: apologies for the random interjection. I read this thread way more than I post on it, but I couldn’t help myself with @akionna undies related lead in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The metal sound appeared to be the return of the iron pans.

“Hey!” said Natalya as they swung dangerously close, “I didn’t do anything!”

Meanwhile, HuTao…

3 Likes

Hu Tao began chugging his smoothie.

“Glug, glug, glug.”

Then a stray frying pan hit him… and made him drop his smoothie!

@Rook 's fur stood on end, and she hissed.

@akionna gasped.

Mila jumped into @nevarmaor 's arms.

@sft1965 closed his eyes.

Proteus quivered, and frantically waved his hankies around.

@Photon started pulling Natalya away.

Even Reuben stopped dancing.

Sleepyhead began gathering his harem for a quick escape.

And Hu Tao…

Hu Tao went berserk!

6 Likes

Hu Tao began to shove computers off the tables.

“Someone get a leash on that panda!!!” @nevarmaor yelled.

“People put leashes on pandas?!” Everyone said in unison.

3 Likes

“Come on!” yelled Scarlett. “You forgot me! Hello, possessed one, remember?”

“We didn’t forget!” Proteus waved his hanky in protest. “Hu Tao is going bananas over there!”

Zeline stepped over broken monitors and keyboards. “Poor baby!”

Scarlett snickered and shot flames at Hu Tao.

“Stop it!” gasped @sleepyhead. “He’s cranky about his smoothie.”

“What’s happening?” @nevarmaor grumbled. “Why is Natalya still covered up?”

“Hey!” @sft1965 glared at Scarlett. “I thought you neeed an exorcism?”

“Demon left!” Scarlett shrugged. “Said my body temperature was hotter than the fires of hell.”

Zeline spotted a shattered hard drive. She bent over, exposing her–

4 Likes

… packet of white stuff strapped to her thigh!

Everyone gasped!

“Is THAT why you’re so popular and powerful?” Scarlett demanded.

Proteus shook his hanky furiously. “Seshat was right! You no good unfair fighter!”

Zeline blanched - if that was at all possible, she’s already so pale - and said…

2 Likes

“That packet is totally legit!! The common name is Peruvian marching powder” says Zeline somewhat unconvincingly.

“I swear”.

@sft1965 addresses Scarlett: “are you seriously trying to tell me you are too hot? Get yourself some decent armour like ‘Sonya’s’ and try to do a trade (just lift something from Hu Taos pocket) with someone for a reality check!!!”

“Blondie with her new costume is perfect…” dreams @sft1965… “Sonya is just awesome. Everyone should have two Sonyas, everyone needs two”"

Zeline stares @sft1965 and thinks ““you moron”” and then at Proteus and just responds with “bite me fish man”…

3 Likes

Photon attempted to bute Proteus. Proteus yanked his arm away. “I didn’t mean literally.” Proteus said. “Well then, you did say bite me.” Scarlett said.

Meanwhile, Hu Tao still began to destroy walls. “Is he still berserk about his smoothie?” @sleepyhead asked.

“Must be.” @sft1965 said. “Reminds me of that one Dragonball Z movie of Beerus attempting to destroy a planet over one little pudding cup.” Photon said.

“Can’t we just go back in time and fix it?” @akionna asked. “Like we have a magical Delorean that can time travel at 88mph.” @nevarmaor said.

“I can make him a smoothie.” a voice said. Everyone turned to see who it was. It was Toxicandra. “Oh, what can a flower like you do to make a smoothie?” Sonya asked. “Simple.” Toxicandra said. “I can give him a smoothie made of the best exotic plants, however, i would need you guys to hold him down.”

Everyone looked at each other. “Uhhh, you first.” Everyone said to each other. No one wanted to toych a raging panda. Then…“Come here you big panda. Gimme a hug.” Photon said, shocking everyone." “Does this guy have a death wish?” Sonya asked. “That’s Photon.” Toxicandra said. “He does the unimaginable and believe it or not, his methods work.”

3 Likes

excuse me, but forgive me for asking…what’s a Photon? I mean, who’s Photon???

Photon, that would be me

3 Likes

Ah, ok. Now I get the reference. :joy:

1 Like

LOL they just zip in and out at light speed. Easy to miss :rofl:

3 Likes

Hu Tao paused in his rampage, keyboard held up over his head, eyeing @Photon cautiously. “What did you say?”

“Gimme a hug” replied Photon, advancing on Hu Tao, arms spread wide, toothy grin on his face.

Hu Tao began to shuffle backwards, moving away from this bizarre apparition. “Stay back you crazy! This keyboard is locked and loaded!”

“Awww”, exclaimed Proteus in delight. “A bear hug!”

“Excuse me?” asked @nevarmaor. “A bear hug with a real, enraged bear? Not me!” And he continued backing away, pulling Mila along with him. “Let’s just watch from way over there.”

Toxicandra, meanwhile, was busy gathering the ingredients for her smoothie …

5 Likes

Everyone else watched this strange dance ritual in fascination as the two shuffled along in a swirling, twirling, complicated pattern; one with his arms stretched out wide in welcome, the other brandishing the locked keyboard over his head menacingly.

Everyone except Toxicandra, who was busy gathering apple seeds, mango leaves, asparagus berries, and tomato leaves. “These will make a smashing smoothie” she thought, humming quietly to herself. “I should make enough for everyone.”

2 Likes

Toxicandra made the smoothie as fast as possible. “All done.” She yelled. Hu Tao heard it and ran away from Photon. “Bout time.” Hu Tao said. “That guy gives me the creeps.” Hu Tao looks back to see Photon waving in the distance.

Hu Tao tried the smoothie and was in heaven. He drank so fast that he began to drink the reserves. Everyone had a glass full at least before Hu Tao went after the reserves.

That evening, Hu Tao was asleep, and a full stomach. “He’s so big like a Snorlax.” Sonya said. “I managed to knock him out, so i don’t expect him to be up for a while.” Toxicandra said. “How did you know to make a such an amazing smoothie?” @nevarmaor asked.

“I practiced.” Toxicandra said. “And unfortunately, i was the test dummy.” Photon said. “And all that didn’t kill you?” @sleepyhead asked. “Nope, because Toxicandra here is a medic. So, it’s a win-win.” Photon answered.

Morning came and there was a ruckus in the yard. “Calm down.” @akionna said. “What’s going on?” Toxicandra said, rubbing her eyes. It’s too early." “I know, but a cow and a black cat are going at it.” “Cow and a Black Cat?” Toxicandra asked.

4 Likes

Proteus gasped. “What do mean @Rook and @littleKAF are going at it?”

“With each other?” asked @nevarmaor.

“Ewwwwwww!” Sonya shuddered.

“Aren’t they married to other people?” whispered @sft1965.

“Let’s not be so judgy.” @sleepyhead said.

Just then, @Rook appeared, surrounded by a dozen frying pans.

@amrath winced. “This is gonna get ugly.”

@Photon yawned. “Toxicandra, you got a smoothie to fix this?”

5 Likes