What's the craziest drama you made/or witnessed in your actual/previous alliances

IMO the best leaders are not necessarily the ones who WANT to be leader to wield power :stuck_out_tongue: they are the ones who genuinely just want the alliance to do well.

7 Likes

Player level of equals is a major part of how a functioning alliance sincerely works. When you have a bottleneck of mixed players in higher tiers the problems will always occur. My sincere take is to start off in a fun alliance. Work your way to a trainer alliance then free your mind and everything will work itself out. The game is brilliant and working towards a larger macro view leads to player harmony and synergy. Happy gaming to all!!!

2 Likes

Of all drama I would have anticipated from this thread, this one takes the biscuit, the cake and maybe half a dozen donuts.

As for myself, there was a kerfuffle at my first alliance over war flag usage. P1 didn’t use all their flags, P2 wasn’t happy about it. Cue argument. Leader dealt with it calmly. P2 left in the end. The more normal anticipate drama. :laughing:

3 Likes

lol thanks… at least the biscuit, cake and donuts will help soothe all the negative emotions after the drama lol

3 Likes

Witnessed a mass walkout when I, as leader asked people to hit titans or get demoted.

I then moved on too.

Meh.

4 Likes

Come on where are the top 100 alliance at? The real drama comes from them!

3 Likes

Yeah we’re definitely not watching a circus now. 2000 mules.

:rofl:

Good call.

I’ve been enjoying this thread. I’ll share a short story. An old alliance leader told me that one day an ex-alliance mate (he had stayed at the alliance I left) went on a massive rant in alliance chat against a certain religious group.

Out of nowhere, he started spewing hate against this group of people. I saw the screenshots. It was highly offensive, and caused friction with alliance members…

Fortunately the leader acted quickly. He basically wrote the language/attitude was unacceptable and then kicked the offender.

5 Likes

:joy::joy: That’s exactly the type of ludicrous conspiracies that went on in that alliance. I’ll try to dig up the name of it. You look like a good fit for it.

1 Like

Scary that.

An alliance leader broke finally after suffering a constant stream of “good summons” shared by a showy player, in the alliance chat. He enjoyed an immense streak of good luck while whaling, and couldn’t restrain himself. It got to the point of offensive.

Leader transferred leadership, and then exited without notice. Left a message in the Line group chat. To which that whale wasn’t part of.

It wasn’t the whale’s fault actually. His gleeful sharing was just the straw that broke the Leader, who was probably on the verge of giving up this game.

The new Leader wasn’t enthused at being made Leader. Hung on till that alliance finally disintegrated awhile back.

I left soon after the ex Leader exited. My two buddies decamped after me. One buddy was sufficiently upset with that Whale to post a very nasty scathing exit message, pinpointing that whale as the reason for the exodus after the ex Leader exited.

The Whale was so embarrassed that he exited ASAP but damage was done.

3 Likes

Sounds like the whale wasn’t deliberately trying to upset people. Was anything ever said to them privately?

2 Likes

It can be a difficult situation when an alliance leader steps down. Sometimes it is not possible to find a suitable replacement and the alliance is shut down. :see_no_evil:

Oh, the written grenade before exiting. I think the last time I saw one was probably a few years ago. Someone got upset with the alliance leader - who stepped up to lead - and unkindly put them down in their exit message. :see_no_evil::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes. Nicely asked to temper his good news. Since not everyone was having a fantastic month with summons.

He was oblivious to the nicely worded requests, which were not from the Leader or co-leaders, but from others who was also getting fed up with this whale.

1 Like

Buddy did it for me actually. Cos I tried to get the whale to just zip a bit after the ex leader exited. Alliance was in shock.

Whale response wasn’t tactful. I didn’t explode back cos I was leaving anyway, and I can tell that this whale was so full of himself that his cup over-runneth with his wisdom and his luck.

1 Like

It’s a shame the big spender inadvertently caused the leader to step down…

Hopefully you can see a funny side to the unpleasant situation now?

1 Like

Oh definitely. I still feel bad for that ex leader though. And for the alliance that eventually disintegrated.

I haven’t bumped into that Whale ever since then.

2 Likes

the tricky part about communication - especially online - is that it can be harder for a message to land.

I was doubting about whether to share my following experience, but I’ll keep it high-level. It was a while ago, anyway.

I ended up leading my former small alliance. One player (a very good one), was the only one using harpoons. I still had to build up Hunter’s Lodge. anyway, we never actually discussed/agreed on using harpoons - he asked me a couple of times over a few months, how my harpoons were going. I said, I couldn’t craft them yet as I needed to up my storages, and stronghold.

What I neglected to mention was: I wasn’t prioritizing them, I was prioritizing Training Camps and Houses.

anyway. Fast forward a few months (!), where we never really talked about/agreed to use Harpoons. I casually mentioned I had finished my Advanced House 10…

… player leaves with a vague message.

I mention this briefly on the forums…

… he comes back, unleashes a scathing message at me for doing so, brings up a few other grievances that he never mentioned before, and leaves again. I was offline the whole time, but our 2 mates were on and they were as shocked as I was. One even lamented, “he didn’t even want to talk…”

Our conclusion and main regret was, if only we had actually talked about Harpoons, we could have agreed on a “fair use” policy, and maybe the other grievances would not have welled up…

2 Likes

Yeah communication can be a bugbear at times.

Everyone’s priorities are different. No right no wrong there.

I don’t use harpoons much, even when I could manufacture them, but I do contribute my share if I am in an ally that uses them. Usually there are 3 groups of 10: A B n C.

I have been in alliances with no clear policy on harpoons. I play it by ear then, it can be difficult though to guess.

1 Like

yeah, when I joined my current alliance I made it a point to ask about things like Titans, harpoons. It helps a lot just to discuss openly and give everyone a chance to weigh in!

4 Likes

People getting upset on another player sharing their good fortune? WOW

Sour much?

I’m those “Yay our alliance is growing stronger” when peeps shares their good pull and secretly hope said good fortune spills over to me!

3 Likes