What are the reasons for you to leave an alliance?

Thanks for supporting my argument… but I didn’t really need the help.

1 Like

Should this poll be used to draw conclusions about the player base? That wasn’t mentioned anywhere.
Was this thread negative? Not yet. Only experiences were exchanged and discussed. So why are you bringing negativity in here?

3 Likes

Pointing out bias isn’t “negative”… it’s helpful. Any open minded person needs to confront the biases in their method. The stated purpose of this poll is to determine players motives for leaving an alliance. You’re going to get a radically different outcome than you would from an unbiased poll. I’m not saying you shouldn’t post it. Go at it. But be aware of the problems that you have when you poll the forums here. It’s a echo chamber for people with a certain viewpoint. Others are chased away… like the response here proves.

Your observation about war and war flags is inaccurate. My alliance, Ascendancy, comprised entirely of very strong former top alliance players, wins 90% of our wars. How? We cap membership at 20 +/-, and there are very very few 20 member alliances who all have 5100,+ TP defenses with 3 or more maxed sets of rainbow troops. We open a war chest every 3 weeks like clockwork. And occaisionally a strong opponent (there are others who follow this strategy) loses because of unused flags

6 Likes

I think my observation is accurate. I think you are an example for the definition of “top alliance” in my message.
The game uses an Elo system, which matches you with an alliance of the same score in order to converge to 50% win rate. Your Elo score is the so-called war score apparent in your alliance score.
The definition of a top alliance is an alliance the game “can’t find” strong enough opponents to get it to 50% win rate.

I have left alliances for all of the above reasons and also one that became too competitive at a time when I just wanted to chill.

Game well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm: :wolf:

1 Like

I left my first alliance (a random one full of strangers) because the leaders disappeared. Without them, we couldn’t kill any titans and lost every war because the rest of us were pretty much newbies.

I moved on to a bigger and better alliance where I grew and was happy for a couple of years. Then a new member came in that I detested but everyone else seemed to love, so I stayed silent. Then I missed a couple of wars because of health issues and the new guy was among others making me feel like a huge criminal after years of exemplary behaviour.

I moved to a local alliance, then to a sister international alliance, where I missed another war because I was still unwell. I left that one voluntarily and moved to a more relaxed alliance, but I got seriously frustrated after a couple of big titan hitters left and we couldn’t even kill a 5* titan.

I hate wars and raids but do them for POV and the chance to get good things from the chests but I really like hitting titans. So now I’m back in a bigger and more competitive alliance and we’re taking down 14*s, even. My health is better and I do my war hits earlier.

Summary: Inactivity (especially on titans), toxicity and self-issues.

3 Likes

Congrats on finding that sweet spot!

“Top alliance” generally means 30/30 but more astute players know how to tweak the system to achieve what they want out of this game. Max rewards for less effort.

20/30 former top tier alliances can chain 14* with ease, find easier war opponents, complete AQ (may not place as well as an alliance).

Exactly. Plus everyone knows what to do and just does it - alliance runs on automatic for most part

3 Likes

I’m so sorry that you had someone join and ruin a place you were happy. I’m glad to hear that you’re doing better now, healthwise too.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing for 5+ years now. So I’ll make a list of several reasons as below:

1. Outgrew alliance.
  2. Unexpectedly kicked. I got asked to leave an alliance after I asked the alliance leader for temporary leave (to play with other friends). :exploding_head::joy::rofl:
  3. Alliance leader stepped down from leading.
  4. Disrespectful behaviour by leadership/alliance mate. :unamused:
  5. Wanted/needed a break from competitive play.
  6. Really upset with continued direction of the game and strongly consider quitting.

7. Wanted to play competitively again. :joy::rofl:
  8. Alliance shut down. :cry:
  9. Alliance was not competitive enough. Also didn’t fully “mesh” with alliance mates…
  10. Alliance became too competitive for me. :exploding_head::joy::rofl:
  11. An old alliance leader’s disrespectful behaviour made a temporary alliance break permanent. :unamused::joy::rofl:

Not mine:

1. Solidarity. A friend left the alliance after he tried but failed to get me - his ex-alliance mate back who was asked to leave the alliance (see reason #2 above).
  2. Kicked for not meeting alliance spending “requirement”. :exploding_head:
  3. Kicked for not following war strategy without any warning. :exploding_head::joy::rofl:
  4. Rare/regular titan killed way too early.
  5. Tried out a few top 100 alliances and found it didn’t suit them.
  6. Kicked for continuously overhitting titans. The alliance has a cap on titan damage.

@BlackZed @NicoX

9 Likes

I could click all of those options, what wry’s me the most is the obsession with purple tanks

1 Like

Funnily enough I sort of touched on this in a joke comment from a couple of years ago. To discover there is such a thing though is quite another…

1 Like

That is a tough requirement for an alliance. If alliance is upfront about it, and player still wants to join, all is good. Otherwise, it’s not fair to both sides.

1 Like

Too many enemies that I’m not going to kill in any way…
Playing solo alliance

Sounds like you’re talking about my ex!!! Lol!! High school days!!!

1 Like

I left previous alliances due to inactivity and i wanted to progress further which has happend since i joined my current alliance, was limited to 9 and 10* titans now killing 13* and some 14* titans.

1 Like

The answer you give is dependent on the type of player you are. I have never left my first alliance; it just felt like home. But of all those choices the only one that I would give is toxic environment. Which for me could also mean an alliance with overly demanding expectations.

1 Like

Not mine ‘4’ and ‘6’ are reasons? I have a teammate that is recently doing that, doing too much damage to the titans because he can. But I don’t think anyone cares too much. I understand it’s a problem but I just don’t care as well since I stopped being competitive.

1 Like

My feelings exactly!