What are the reasons for you to leave an alliance?

• Too many unused war flags
  • Toxic alliance environment
  • Too many titans escaping
  • Too many war losses
  • Alliance chat too quiet and very little interaction
  • Alliance is not too competitive

0 voters

• List item
5 Likes

I couldnā€™t check any of your boxes. I left my last alliance so that I could play more casually.

10 Likes

I was drunk and left by accident.

28 Likes

Except for the second option, you could just sum it up as: player and alliance have different expectations on activity.

4 Likes

How about ā€œneeded a changeā€. I think it rarely comes down to a single reasonā€¦ and people shouldnā€™t take things so personally when someone decides to move on.

6 Likes

I voted ā€œtoo many titans escapingā€ but I actually meant ā€œThe level of the titans escaping is too lowā€. The game is built so that, except for alliances which reliably defeat 14* titans, exactly 25% of the titans would escape no matter what you do.

I would also comment that leaving an alliance because ā€œtoo many unused war flagsā€ is very common, but I see no sense in this consideration. Except for top alliances, the game is built so that you win 50% of the wars regardless of what you do. So bothering about unused flags is pointless.

2 Likes

Hmā€¦ :thinking:
If I felt out of place more than anything, though none of the options cover that.

Luckily, being overpromoted and becoming leader of the alliance by accident (thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it!), it most likely means others have to put up with me! :laughing:

3 Likes

Interesting. This is just a snapshot. But discipline seems more important than a friendly atmosphere. :thinking:

1 Like

My first alliance does not engage in alliance wars. It was nice while I learned to play, but I wanted a competitive environment, so I went to my next alliance. I then moved to my current alliance while keeping my alt in the alliance I was in for two years as I consider them like family.

2 Likes

I would have voted for too little interaction but I could only vote twice. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I usually leave alliances when war flags go unused for 3 consecutive wars and leadership does absolutely nothing about it. It is a pet peeve of mine, because war is the one area where everyone is supposed to work together to achieve the best possible outcome. If you agree to opt into war, then I expect you to put your best foot forward. Yes yes real life busy work blah blah, well thatā€™s why thereā€™s an option to opt out.

Opting in and then not using all your flags (barring emergencies or unforeseen events because life happens ) is basically like saying ā€œyou guys do all the work, Iā€™ll just coast along for the rewardsā€. How about no buddy?

9 Likes

I left my old guild main because I wanted to go to green pastures. Even the leader then was like ā€˜Iā€™m surprised it took you this long to leaveā€™

Sadly yes this for me too itā€™s frustrating, even though I donā€™t show it.
Itā€™s more frustrating when itā€™s unused flags when we would have won the war with them, and even WORSE when it would have allowed us to open our war chest to try get some goodies (or terrible stuff, who knows what these days haha).

I think this poll can be condensed to just the guild is not competitive. Because if itā€™s not competitive, flags will be unused and no one hits the titan and etc. Itā€™s a snowballing effect

Lack of soccer moms :smiley:

2 Likes

Competitive isnā€™t a synonym for active. You can be in a small alliance where everyone uses their war flags and hits all titans but will never be able to get anywhere near the top 100.

3 Likes

Sampling people who frequent the forums is totally baised. Most normal players canā€™t stand the negativity here. If youā€™re drawing conclusions about the average player based on these polls, youā€™re simply trying to confirm your false beliefs.

1 Like

J Michael Robertson- no one mandated you to drop by here. Move on.

2 Likes

I left my first alliance and dearly loved group of people as I had outgrown them. I wanted to be challenged moreā€¦ bigger titans, completed events, was looking for a more active alliance but still not super competitive. I found one and they are an awesome groupā€¦they are everything they advertised to be. But someday I may outgrown them as wellā€¦ so I agree with those who have pointed out in one way or another the ā€œwhy would you leave your allianceā€ question is more about you and not them.
Itā€™s like that highschool mate you have outgrown but donā€™t want to hurt ā€¦
ā€œitā€™s not you hunny ā€¦its meā€
:wink:

11 Likes

Thereā€™s the other side of this. A missing choice.

I left a top alliance because I started struggling with war appearances, and then Titan hits began to falter. When real life becomes more important than chores in your phone you can make your way back down to that

2 Likes