Well played SG.....well played

3 Likes

It’s a bonus chance for counterattacks. The titan attacking after the clock expires is actually (potentially) GOOD for PLAYERS. It can’t hurt and might help. That’s … actually nice!

2 Likes

Well, we have at least a couple of whales posting content here on the forum and i guess several lurking.

Would really like to know from them how much they spent until now, as i really can’t say how much it is a joke that post.

I’m somewhat curious too, but don’t expect to see an actual number.
And to be honest I wouldn’t believe it anyway :rofl:

This is really well expressed - when I said no one was shocked by $100k+ I honestly meant that I could imagine some one spending this much (obviously that would include some time reduction as well as summoning but there are people that spend $30+ a week just on WE refills primarily so they can be a higher level than others).

Would give more likes if I could.

1 Like

I don’t expect it either, but the question is: why we don’t expect to know it?

General consensus say that it’s up to the single person how he/she spend his money.
There suppose to be nothing to be ashamed of saying it.

Isn’t it?

Everyone that buys a Lamborghini wants you to know how much it cost, if any one is ashamed of what they have spent on here then they likely have a problem

Amen!!! I could not have said it better. Thank you. I see this behavior every single day. I’m wondering how much longer this can go on, before the game collapses. I for one j.g ave stopped spending. I read the percentage of my chances to get a villain hero, and decided logically, this was unacceptable. These are not something we can keep, touch, etc. If the game were to collapse tomorrow, that would not refund all the hundreds of thousands that we have given them. They will go on to other things, and we will be left with empty pockets. I will not spend another penny until I can get a new 5 star hero, or the mats to level said hero. I dont mind doing the work, but I deserve something for all my hard work. None of this is real, why are we spending so much money for nothing except dawes? Do you need another sawa? I for sure don’t. But I can use a powerful new hero to be able to stay competitive. I have been playing almost since the game started. I am level 84, I have done all that has been asked, but each season, the game becomes more and more impossible to achieve a goal. I have so many 5 stars sitting at 3/70, with no hope of ever levelling them up. We are all logical thinkers, do we really want to continue down this road? Really? Let the dev’s know that we want them to listen to us. Not to makes more reasons to take our money with no chance to get said reason, but to make it easier to get and level. I am willing to work for my reward, I’m even willing to spend reasonably. But at the point where we are now, no more money until things change. Start with rewarding longevity. Thank you all for listening.

2 Likes

Getting 3* trainer heroes in a 10x pull

this deserves a separate topic - “give a bone to those in need”

4 Likes

Not only that but E&P had a record q4 too.

3 Likes

I think you have, maybe unintentionally, touched upon why many give up on Empires. When a game becomes “work”, it’s definitely time to stop playing.

To which I would add, why are people spending so much time? RL time is as precious as money and when players give up on Empires, they invariably look back at the lost time with family and friends, as much as the money spent.

Apologies for cherry picking just 2 sentences from your post @Emc154, but they are both points worth highlighting, imo.

4 Likes

Its ok, I welcome the feedback. Thank you.

| Dr-Zoidberg
February 12 |

• | - |

Emc154:

I dont mind doing the work, but I deserve something for all my hard work.

I think you have, maybe unintentionally, touched upon why many give up on Empires. When a game becomes “work”, it’s definitely time to stop playing.

Emc154:

None of this is real, why are we spending so much money for nothing except dawes?

To which I would add, why are people spending so much time? RL time is as precious as money and when players give up on Empires, they invariably look back at the lost time with family and friends, as much as the money spent.

Apologies for cherry picking just 2 sentences from your post @Emc154, but they are both points worth highlighting, imo.

While there is general consensus that everybody does what he wants with his money, we also have evidence that people who do spend lots of money on frivolous things are either a lot less liked or liked just because of that.
It’s a form of bias you want to stay away from :woman_shrugging:t3:

Because gaming is addictive.
And the more you put in it - be it time or money - the more difficult it becomes to withdraw because that is admitting you invested in nothing.

The game reward should be the fun, none else.
When you start pursuing a hero, an achievement, a higher rank you should take the time to stop and think if

• you are really having fun
  • other things might provide more fun
  • you are not losing chances with that money and time that won’t come back (yep, you might lose a next of kin while playing)

Generally speaking these kind of insight comes with maturity, it’s hard to offer your experience to the younger ones (and even the older ones) who are deep in the game for reasons different from fun.
The main reason being the need of evasion from their reality and problems.

I cherry picked too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Totally agree.

But it works better if you don’t do videos about it, lol.

1 Like

To this I agree 100%. I only highlighted the time aspect because of my own personal experience within Empires.

While I stopped short of setting Titan/War timers for the middle of the night, I would be “in game” almost non stop for the rest of the day. My family time suffered greatly because of it, my work output suffered because of it, and I seriously doubt I was/am the only player caught in the trap.
I did however recognise the problem was mine to solve and quit the game, got the devs to delete my account.

That was my experience though, and others will not see an issue with being “in game” for that amount of time each day. Indeed, some will wonder why I never set timers either. To each their own, but I’ll never get drawn back into a gacha/time sink style game again.

2 Likes

When you let a titan hit after time has run out when I have counterattack active and I get bonus points … well played!

I can relate: have been there in the 90s with MUDs.
And while I’m a bit sad to hear you lost your “story” I admire your determination to find a solution to what had become a problem: that has to be praised.

May I ask you your age (roughly)?
I’m somewhat curious about demographics, but don’t want to push you to reveal it in public.

Also… Go Canes! :football: :wink:

1 Like

Lol. I’m 48, so somewhere in the middle of the pack, age wise.

I played Empires for a little under 3 years (May '17 - Jan '20). My epiphany came when my boss grilled me about why I was playing the game at work, yet again, and not running the machinery. Nothing much I could argue in mitigation there, so I made the decision to quit the game.

Once it starts to encroach on RL, as I’m sure it does for many, then something has to give.