Well played SG.....well played

I can’t see the point of the Titan getting a hit in after timeout either but I have seen the player, me, get the last hit in but it was a combo and the timer cut it off at abou T0 +2 - +4 seconds

EDIT: this is not my thread so why address me?

I think you need to adjust your touch screen sensitivity settings. My phone is so bananas that if I set it to high sensitivity I only need to wave my hand near the phone and chaos ensues. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You got a like just for your game name lol

Well played, SG, you ruined the man’s life.

1 Like

is this true :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

I’m intentionally parsing “…again” to mean you’ve already spent that much and you just did it again. Because that’s making me feel better about how much I’ve spent.

I got one…

When you kill off an Elena+1 tank right before she fires but she revives herself and then still fires anyway… well played SG

3 Likes

Complaint?

Joke?

I do love good old subtle humour but even I’m totally not sure on this one :joy:

I want it to be a joke because if it isn’t and someone has really spent over $100k on this I want to find them and talk to them about this new Trapezoidal savings scheme I’ve been working on.

5 Likes

It’s totally possible.

You can spend a whole lot more if your wallet is big enough.
About one year ago I was playing the game during a break at my company.
A senior colleauge took a peek and realized “I was playing his game”.
We then started discussing about the game and it quickly went on how much we were spending. He told me that he was a bit disappointed because he had been spending around 3’000€ monthly and wasn’t seeing great results.

The real question is another.
How many players realize the spending depth of E&P?

3 Likes

Read between the lines. The OP is just frustrated about how slow things go in this game and how everything is so utterly random. And how that can completely work against you some days. A frustration shared by many other players. Pointing out RNG and all the other things you mentioned doesn’t really help there…

4 Likes

It’s different for different people.

Mine is $3-400 over 3-4 years. To some that is infinitesimal…to others, the horror! Depends on your wallet and play style. Mine doesn’t allow me to drop the value of a house at the roulette table. :wink:

5 Likes

Wait… 3000 every month??? That’s crazy!

For sure he must have had a few 5* heroes lol.

My E&P budget was zero from day one. I can see how OP might be frustrated, especially if the part about sinking 100k $ in the summoning portals is true. Hell… that’s more than my house is worth… crazy… well, each knows what’s best for his own, not my place to judge. Anyway, these days, E&P life became hard for this free player… my heroes are absolete, almost useless against the new rising stars. And, judging by the latest news, it’s just gonna get worst with the new villans and with the S4 monsters waiting around the corner… well, I’ve now passed the point when I cared about such things. I still am able to hold diamond at all times, but I suppose that’a about to change sooner or later, as the game moves on and my f2p roster stays bassically the same. At least when the day comes for me to hang my E&P sword, I will have nothing to regret.

8 Likes

Nope, Rook.
Spending depth is a design parameter of the game.
It’s how much you should spend - on average - to go from scraps to fully developed (skipping power gating and time gating).

Obviously not everyone is willing to climb that hill (or go to the bottom of the rabbit hole since it is a depth) but being aware of it is key to really understand what impact a certain amount of money is going to have on your achievements.
Theoretically… the amount of money you are willing to spend.

In your case 300-400$ on around half a million have close to no effect.
If I’m not wrong you have found your first HOTM only recently, so… that’s basically what we are expecting.

Nevertheless the effect of money on player performance generally follow a sigmoid curve.

That means it starts slow, at some point it becomes exponential, then linear, then the other way around meaning that above a certain margin you get less and less effect per dollar.

That is crucial, because the sigmoid creates a saturation on power thus the game is not just a length contest on who is willing to spend more money on it.
But it has a downside. The way the sigmoid grows at its beginning enhances - how could I say it? - addiction: until you hit the point where you feel you are not being rewarded for your money you are in a positive feedback loop.

While that point is extremely personal, we cannot forget that this a game where kids play.
And we now know that games do give addiction.
Unlike other games - say gambling - there is not much attention to games like E&P.

But when you look at its mechanics you will see that while E&P doesn’t award you money, it’s not that different from many gambling games: there is a huge amount of random and you try to use your skills and money to eventually beat the odds.

Only to realize, one day, that you have spent 100k on a game whose real return should be the good time you had and how much you enjoyed it but it’s been a while since that last happened.

100k is a stretch of a case (I hope, but still… everybody does what he wants with his money)
But let’s be honest, for that sum you can have a lot of fun and something more material in return.

15 Likes

Have you ever been in an alliance/guild on a major MMORPG?
If you are good they literally pay you to play.
3k is a lot, but I’ve heard worse. Way worse.

On the other hand… If you are making 20k a month it’s not that much :woman_shrugging:t3:

The OP’s name is Juzjokez and thatz definitely how I took it. This was meant all in fun.
For instance …

When you open your account and you’re down 300 trophy points … well played Zinga.
When you win all your Raid tourneys and your defense is an E … well played Zinga.
When you do 300 pulls without a single bonus draw … well played Zinga.

Ok, that last one hurts, but at least I have a handful of event 5-stars to show for it.
Well almost a handful; Santa, QoH, Thor, and Fenrir.

3 Likes

This is great and explains why my VCTP (less than $50 in 2-1/2 years) is drooping. I’ve more than passed that curve, but was enjoying getting through Season 3.

This also helps explain the power creep aspect of the game to keep the big spenders growing. If there was no poser creep, then at some point the big spenders would have maxed out their power.

Great stuff.

1 Like

Sure, but only a selected few have as much money to spend on a gaming budget… I get it, I’m just impressed.

I feel it’s going off the topic so I’ll stop there but I’m amazed that people spend so much for so little in return. I have spent as well but the poor value of what it was terrified me!

The “power creep” in a game that has years of life is needed.
Either that or you have to implement wearing out/mantainance costs.
That’s because in order to make the game charming to who starts playing on its 3rd, 5th, nth year of life you have to make what has been gotten in the previous years obsolete, otherwise new players will always be years behind.

It’s literally planned obsolescence and it can be achieved in two ways: new technology (new heroes/troops) and the aforementioned wearing out/cost to maintain.

Of these approaches the first is preferrable for several reasons.

1. vanity: the player is always enhancing his power, rather than losing or rebuilding it
  2. accessibility/reaccessibility: if you haven’t played from the beginning or you don’t play for a while the best content is always readily available (because it’s the latest) and you don’t risk losing what you have
  3. marketing consideration 1: players are more willing to spend on new/top notch stuff rather than things they have already [had]
    and
  4. (and most important) marketing consideration 2: usually 50% of money in a game comes from the top 10% spenders. You want those people to keep spending.
    [if for some reason you started picturing a bitten apple while reading the above don’t be worried]

There are other ways to help the access of new players to a “long” running game, but it really comes to why give up the most profitable one.

I understand why you say that, Vixx but really: it’s relative.
Whatever the amount you set as reasonable you will find a country where that’s one year worth of salary.
Not-so-fun fact: the above stays true even if you are F2P.

2 Likes