Von Rothbart - 5* Dark / Purple from Secrets of the Opera

That’s not true at all. He is strong but there is a lot of heroes that can counter him. He is pretty much useless against Hathor and any hero that cast immunity to status ailment

4 Likes

Yeah, there is also a chance that monks or clerics just resist the dance…

3 Likes

I use him daily and he is good but not game breaker, he gets countered by monk, cleric and toon. So many times happen to shoot and get blocked or even miss if rogue… also if enemy team composition is a toon 100% the dance wont pass by that hero.
When i play vs hator or diochan 7 out of 10 atacks wont pass and gets blocked by talent. The counter for him is to replace the dance with another dance

3 Likes

Not just resist, but my Toon Elk reflected it back. I just dumped tiles until it spread and did 1700 damage to all defenders.

2 Likes

Yeah, even 20 times better :smile:

I put this one with all monks and clerics and toons… I try to destroy it with demons and minions :joy::+1:

2 Likes

Just got this guy, but i feel like he doesnt get a lot of love? Reading the card he feels really good. But i have not tested him yet.

Hes great, dont worry. I guess ppl Just dont care for “The New broken hero of The week” anymore

I just pulled him too. He’s really strong, even if you have a strong roster, he’s going to be one of your strongest heroes on offense. Silencing OP enemy skills is huge, and that huge damage afterwards is fantastic.

1 Like

lol what? hes on one of the top 5-10 heroes in the game at the moment, 70-80% of players in the top 20 are running him.

Max him no hesitation. Wonderful hero. I would max a second.

5 Likes

keep reading the card over and over.

then realize, he is better than it seems.

He is an excellent counter to Sludgus, fire into her, if she does not have her cleric resist work (35% chance for most of her you will meet at LB2 +25), she begins dancing, is silenced and progressively Sludgus’ dodgy, dangerous dance is replaced by Von Rothy’s and the enemies fall silent and take a chunky bit of damage when the dance ends.
This buys you precious time and can also be used to hit charged enemies, preventing them from firing (kinda like a Lepiota hit except the enemy still takes damage and gains mana).

Achilles heel is of course related to Toons, the resist means he shouldn’t really come vs a Toon defense and if there are a couple of Toons left expect him to simply be a sniper.

Absolutely top tier hero. Period.

Begs. Pleads. Implores. Beseeches.
To be paired with LEMONWOOD. It is glorious if you are able.

(I think there is a hero that causes more damage the more mana the enemy has, an inverse Gelert. Just not remembering the name nor if the hero would be relevant now.)

3 Likes

Ok! Thx for responses! He is soon at 4/80, so almost time for emblems and LB. My Lemonwood is sitting and waiting for some 5* ethers, thn he will be ready also.

Curious to know if anyone else is having the same experience with this guy as I am. So i rarely send his hit at a toon because of their 75% resist passive, but i will often have the dance attempt to spread from the original target to a toon, and ever since i’ve been paying attention, the resist works every single time. I have not been scientific with my observation so there is a chance that successful spread to a toon has happened and i havent noticed, but maybe others could keen an eye open and see if they ever notice his dance spread to a toon. Because its starting to look like the chance to resist, at least of this dance debuff, is 100%

I use him daily since release and never spreads to toon. I raid with him and when i see toons i reroll

1 Like

I’ve been using him quite a lot…toons have 75% chance to resist all ailments, but I’ve had a few raids where his dance successfully spread to a toon…

2 Likes

ok good to know - i’ve either been unlucky or just havent noticed when its spread then. thanks.

1 Like

Rarely spreads but can spread. Never fire directly at a Toon unless you simply want the snipe.

I just assume the Toon will act as a firewall and stall progress of the dance, if it does spread I feel I got a bonus.

1 Like

Toon Cleric can also reflect.

3 Likes

I just used 6 raid flags, rerolling each time if necessary until i found a team with at least 1 toon, and attacked using the following team - VR / cZhuge Liang / Odile / Darkfeather / Violet Potts.

From 27 opportunites for the dance to spread from an enemy afflicted with the dance to a toon enemy, it was resisted 27 times, clearly displaying the toon passive icon each time. I’m keeping a record in a spreadsheet now to track my findings from future raids using this setup, but even in that small sample size, a 100% resist rate from 27 chances seems too high right?

5 Likes