Von Rothbart - 5* Dark / Purple from Secrets of the Opera

If u cast while they have the dance u cant move stones, only option is to flee, cant do anything else. Is it a bug or intended?

Itā€™s a known bug, acknowledged by the devs. Thereā€™s a whole thread about it.

Soā€¦ I could be a real jerk and put him in my defense, maybe next to Nautica to make people fail.

Man, SG needs this fixed ASAP.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the plan for rush. Have him as a tank

2 Likes

Also good in equalizer i gues?

We will find out in the upcoming war

1 Like

Nope. Dance needs its full turns to do the 1700 dmg. Equaliser war wont see this realised as it will be removed before then.

3 Likes

Has this been confirmed in testing? It says ā€œwhen the dance endsā€ damage is applied. I feel that could go either way.

Im going to test it on offense this war. The damage doesnā€™t procc if it is overwritten by another dance effect, so i doubt it will with equalizer, but Iā€™ll report back tomorrow

2 Likes

Excellent ty. Ill definitely check back.

1 Like

Idk how some of us are already assuming it wonā€™t hit the 1700 when we have yet to see him in action in the equalizer war.
I think it will hit the 1700 because the dance will be finished. When you replace it with another dance, then technically the hero is still dancing and the card clearly says that the new dance will replace, not end the current dance

Welp, I was wrong.
Heā€™s useless in war equalizer. You donā€™t get the 1,700 damage once itā€™s cleanse

4 Likes

Thanks for your feedback :pray:t4:

1 Like

I tested it with Chameleon who removes everything, just like equaliser.

2 Likes

I just picked him up in SE, excited to use him. I am thinking pairing him with defense down/EDD/attack boost heroes will help him cause more damage.

I donā€™t have carmentia but any heroes you guys recommend pairing with him?

Not the same hero, this guy is from the Opera portal.
Youā€™re thinking of Rocheforte if you got him from this Soul Exchange.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming!

Thank you, Iā€™m an idiot lol!

1 Like

lol it happens to the best of us

1 Like

It is actually amazing to read the comments about Rothbart here in this thread. Everybody seems so positive and eager to get this guy (or happy to have summoned one). This is the latest hero in a series that destroys the game (Bearnadette also one). There is no remedy for him in the case he strikes with his special - which is quite likely to hit first being on average speed.

These are now heroes that, if you cannot kill them in the first three moves, you have lost 100% the battle. So what game is that then. You get enough tiles in 2 moves to charge 3-4 hitters or die. If this is what is celebrated in this thread than we have lost the perspective already and SG is right with what they are doing.

I believe that the developers are on seriously strong drugs otherwise they would consider game flow. But that is what they abandoned anyway already.

Interesting is the fact, that - as one can ready above - all beta tester said that this hero is far to strong. And they still implemented the Rothbart. Why on this planet earth do they still have beta tests when they do not listen?

Can someone explain that to me.

Oh sorry!!! I know why: money generator for people cashing in on on Rothbart.