Voice our opinions on 1.10 Release notes

Can’t Believe you nerfed Guin. Finally able to compete. Spent a few bucks to obtain her then level her up. I would like a refund please ha.You listened to players that were winning most of their raids. Why not nerf some of the 4 star stackable hero’s. Never read so much wining about Guin. I’m sure the players that use Ares feel the same. Love the game. Why give you something then take it away. Yah i’m sort of P’OED. What you did was not very ethical. in the future don’t enter a new hero you won’t back up. It’s like false advertisement. Sorry but that’s how I feel.

2 Likes

at least on beta - if you go more than 24 hours without picking up your vip gems, the counter does NOT start at 24 hours again but at where’re you are for the next one.

i let mine sit awhile and right after collecting gems the timer is at 10hr 45 mins. So you aren’t penalized for not being online right when the gems can be collected.

You Guys killed Guin, You can have her back.

she is still a top tier tank along with Hel and Ares. if you don’t want yours please send her my way.

7 Likes

I just meant tweak the ones that are clearly underpowered so that they are usable by more people e.g. owl, Leo, elk … leave the rest alone. Look at how many tweaks have happened already…there’s no reason to have to tweak and retweak if time is taken beforehand to make sure they are balanced for the game before they are released. That’s what beta testing is supposed to be for.

3 Likes

Some good changes, especially that there is now a reason to raise cups for raiding.
I like the additional team slots, but people should be wary - the raid team now has a nasty tendency to reset to the defense team - I’ve lost two fights already because I’m used to it sticking to the last team used and didn’t pay attention. Optional designations for other team types, such as default Titan team and default Raid team would be a good way to further enhance this feature.
I’ll have to wait until my next chest tomorrow to see how the new raid chest & missions work. I pushed up to gold tier for now to see what happens to my next loot pile. Could probably get higher, but I don’t want to waste another flask just for boasting rights when I can recharge and fight tomorrow. No rush.
Second builder should be handy. I don’t know if I would stick with VIP long term once all my construction is done, but being able to put building effort towards secondary priority levels of construction is going to be good at this stage. I’d already hit the current limits in my barracks, so it’s nice to be able to improve them without diverting time from my TC & farm primary schedule. After that I’ll put the second working on my forges at long last.
Edit: The pet dragon is sort of cute. Unlike the one posted in a picture above, mine is deep blue with purple wings. I wonder how many variations there are.

3 Likes

I think the bigger issue is that you actually had to spend over $1000 dollars just to get 1 card then the devs having to tweak his ability slightly…

3 Likes

I thought the update wasn’t set to launch until the 26th? How come some have it already?

1 Like

My friend already get the update in android device but another friend with android device isn’t get the update. how come the update not ready to all android and ios device?

Releases are probably staggered by the app stores to prevent an overload of people all downloading the same update at once. I don’t know how they plan it, but if it were me, a non-programmer talking out of my hat, I’d probably roll it out by time zone based on device clock time.

2 Likes

Very nice update, enjoying it. Especially a much needed second builder and ‘cups matters’ )))

1 Like

“All said and done, I also believe this game needs balancing so that it’s not a one-man show. No offense @Xero786. No game should have the same top player for months. It shows there’s something wrong with the game there. Not zero’s fault. I think with these upcoming tweaks the game will be balanced a bit more. I just hope they don’t water down any more heroes, only make the really bad ones better.”

I agree with most of your post, but I think it would be difficult to make any balance tweaks that would make Zero not end up at the top for the challenges. The fact that he is #1 or at least top 5 in all three areas means he is just a freak of nature.

4 Likes

Where is my update? Haven’t received if yet. My alliance members have updates

any official staff can explain why the update not come yet?

Be patient my friend.
I don’t have it eighter but you just need to wait.

1 Like

There’s apparently confusion by a lot of people as to what the beta process is.

It’s an identical instance of the game, we’re given the new heroes, we play with them in various situations and provide our player feedback. There’s some issues with this, the vetting process for players isn’t great, there’s several who give quality feedback, and then there’s others who don’t give feedback at all or worse “it’s fine it’s fine, don’t touch, this sucks when you nerf!”

Which incidentally is happening here too.

Ares and Alby were both tested before my time on beta so I can only speak to their implementation on live: Ares was widely deadpanned, by virtually everyone on release. Out of the 100’s of players I saw opine on him I can count on one hand the number of people who thought he was going to be excellent.

Alby was arguably more of a miss from a beta testing / balancing perspective, but in fairness to everyone there just weren’t that many people on beta at that time… there’s a lot more people now as they needed that for AW, and that does mean there’s a lot more feedback being given too which is a good thing for the game.

Guin, I’ve seen a couple comments by people that the beta testers failed on this one: we did not; virtually everyone was in support of a reduction of some sort, including the player(s) mentioned in this thread as being problematic. As noted before, that one falls on the devs.

Overall for this particular game, which is something of an blue ocean experiment (phone game that isn’t completely casual) game balance is absolutely paramount for long term success… and it’s not so easy when you have a small internal team, and a small beta process to get it right 100% of the time. Actually in general it’s really hard even with large staffs and far more resources: look how many tweaks EQ/WoW or LoL/Overwatch or even Diablo did to name various popular titles of different genres.

This is a fact of playing anything beyond a casual game where there’s any competition between players beyond posting to your Facebook “Hey I just beat level 298!” or whatever some relevant number is for Candy Crush eliteness, this is going to happen. Has in the past, will in the future, and there’s absolutely no way to get 100% accuracy until it’s in the wild and can look at the data.

Can the beta process be improved? Yup, definitely; however, the flaws aren’t what people have suggested and the beta process is working “OK” in it’s current situation… as even with the best beta process in place, nerfs and some boosts when it comes to gameplay balance tweaks are a fact of life after that process has ended.

Emotionally I’m a little disappointed as someone who has the 3 nerfed heroes in question, but I’d also note that the initial nerf in beta was a lot bigger, and then got scaled back after some beta testing and feedback from the players. This is part of the process and is working, and since I’m expecting to continue to be around for a while at this point, I’m profoundly glad to see this 1.10 patch because it’s a clear sign that there may be some longevity to this game.

It is a quality patch, top to bottom objectively; it’s just in the little details where my defensive team(s) aren’t going to be quite as good as before, and some others are going to be better. Nature of the beast, we’ll be OK.

14 Likes

So it sounds like you are in agreement with his comment: the beta system is non-optimal and needs improvement.

A question on the raiding sytem:

1. What are the trophy requirements for each tier?
  2. When will be decided which tier loot you get? When you open the box?

It would be nice to provide this information forehand and not after release of the update next week :slight_smile:

I already update the game a few minute ago, my question is can I buy the vip more than once?

1. Bronze 0+
    Silver 600+
    Gold 1200+
    Platinum 1800+
    Diamond 2400+

2. If you have as example more Than 600 trophies, you are silver. When you Open your Box with your silver state you get silver loot.

3 Likes