Voice our opinions on 1.10 Release notes

Great question. The January consensus in beta was that Guinevere was OP and the way to bring her back towards the “great hero” range was to reduce her dark buff. Which SG has finally done, but only after people have spent gems to summon her and rare mats to ascend her.

I think of the changes to Ares and Alberich as “down-tweaks” not “nerfs”. The changes are relatively small (relative to original proposal, thanks to feedback from beta testers) and don’t, to my mind, materially change their value. I don’t think anyone will regret having ascended them. Maybe not so with Guen, especially in light of the March HotM (also Holy).

Folks also have to remember that beta is a short window for a very small set of players, not necessarily reflective of how a hero will play in the wild with a million plus players. You can’t possibly address every variable and there were plenty of hits on feedback (many of that list of buffs were enhanced based on on feedback), though Gwen was a miss by the devs as noted.

1 Like

Just updated the app. The VIP is $6.99 / month of $69.99 per year (Canadian Funds). The bonus is just an extra summon per day so nothing important. The extra builder is only good if you haven’t gotten everything up to the important levels, if you have that is obviously a waste.

Only difference on the raids is you have a level now, which is shown on the main raid page. Still wish they would tell us how wanted chests are earned…maybe one day.

1 Like

I already have that Update.

In Germany it is 5,49€ for 30 days. You get a second builder, 900 gems (30 every day) and a second daily summon.

And 54,99€ dir 365 days. You get a second builder, 10950 gems (30 every day) and a second daily summon.

You have to redeem your gems daily or you dont get them.

For both you get a Housedragon, whatever this means.

3 Likes

So this looks to be the best gem pricing offered, at least that I have seen, not including that insane deal that pissed everyone off a while back.

Yes it is a good pricing, have seen similar in offers. $1.39 for 200 gems. Only caveat is you need to collect every day. If you don’t collect them they will disappear. So it’s another way for creators to make you play everyday.

1 Like

Look at the bright side–when first introduced in beta, every time you collected gems it reset a 24-hour timer. Now it’s just a daily thing, you can pick up any time during the 24-hour cycle.

2 Likes

House dragon is a nesting dragon (exactly like Vivica’s pet) from whom you collect your daily gems. Just a little graphics fun. There’s a nice touch when you hold down on it.

4 Likes

That screenshot suddenly reminded me of FF5 for SNES. :blush:

3 Likes

Hey, I am glad for two things with this patch - They fixed my only green five star hero (Lady Locke) and they are offering a second builder (very handy for me during my stronghold 17-20 phase). I’m happy.

1 Like

like it - much needed adjustments to the weaker 5* heroes. Agree that the nerfs are minor adjustments for the most part, and those heroes are still very strong.

just wish the update would be pushed out soon enough to have the weekend to enjoy it instead of the start of the work week!!

2 Likes

I have Alberich and his mana boost is a big deal. I assume you don’t have him. I also have Ares and :frowning:

Regardless, I hope that these changes help level the playing field for those not fortunate to have previous HotM (super heroes) or deep pockets. Stinks for me but I think the majority of the players will see this as a positive thing which is more important.

3 Likes

What deal pissed everyone off?

The Issue was that only a few got the offer

4 Likes

There was a deal way, way back that offered 6k gems and 5 epic tokens for around $3. It sounds great but apparently was only made available to non-paying players, to get them to hand some cash over. Naturally it caused a massive backlash from players who had spent a lot already on far lower value deals and were told to just deal with it.

Edit: never mind, beaten to it.

6 Likes

Completely agree. Beta testers and devs need to do a better job at testing out heroes and setting their parameters such that it would not need so much changing after being released.

To give an example, I spent over $1,000 just to get Alberich. That was my only reason to spend that much. I finally got him, and just yesterday fully ascended him, and now he gets “tweaked” down. The only reason I spent that much was because he was the best hero in my mind. Yes, I’m a little upset.

Im not part of the beta team so I rely on those who are and the devs to do all the tweaking prior to releasing a hero so this doesn’t continue happening. This has become a norm now and it’s not fair to those of us who are paying big amounts to play this game.

All said and done, I also believe this game needs balancing so that it’s not a one-man show. No offense @Xero786. No game should have the same top player for months. It shows there’s something wrong with the game there. Not zero’s fault. I think with these upcoming tweaks the game will be balanced a bit more. I just hope they don’t water down any more heroes, only make the really bad ones better.

@Petri I’m sure the devs are already aware but can we work on having a better system in place so heroes don’t require constant tweaking post-release?

1 Like

the problem mainly on the developers having schedule issues and putting out release notes before the tester have voiced their opinions and yes i too spent a fair amount getting alberich too

Oh that offer! I was one that received it, but wasn’t on forum then so I didn’t know that wasn’t available to everyone. That doesn’t seem fair. I suppose I received it as my account was pretty new at that point.

This. Over- and under-powered is all relative, but it hurts less to see the relative power of your team decline when poor heroes are buffed, rather than your team being down-tweaked.

2 Likes