šŸ”± Ursena ā€“ New Atlantis Hero: First Thoughts & Discussion

Weā€™ll agree to disagree there, I think mitsā€™ special gives her multiple outs, if I want a special to fire I can dump tiles or theyā€™re firing within the 4 turns reflect is up anyway most likely, if I donā€™t want them to fire because they arenā€™t a blue, I can make that happen and buy myself some time. You can also stack mits vs green and get a strong effect and a reflect chance, where Ursena doesnā€™t generally get that option unless itā€™s a wonky defense. To each their own though for sure and Iā€™m happy youā€™re enjoying Ursena, sheā€™s a fun hero.

1 Like

YES, this exactly., Mitsuko is the only red hero that can be effective against two colors. Thatā€™s extremely valuable for raids when stacking

1 Like

Well, I have both Mitsuko and Ursena, and thatā€™s my experience with them. So Iā€™m not going to argue, your mileage can vary.

Iā€™m going to swap Ursena with Proteus from my rainbow raid attack team soon and see how it goes, especially against Guin teams.

Same, I have both maxed and thatā€™s been my experience, itā€™s just opinions though, and all are welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So I swapped my Proteus with Ursena and raided 17 times. Lost 8 battles. Against Guin, I was able to activate my Ursena only once.

Ursena worked well against Leo, Joon and Poseidon though, since theyā€™re on flanks and wings usually.

Definitely not good enough to replace my Proteus +15. Will try again after taking her to 4/30 or something.

1 Like

Bring both against Guin. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

This is not a fair comparison based on the utility of both units. One is intended for mana control while the other is specific against yellow units. Iā€™m not sure how you expected to see a difference here since she is mostly made for specific situations. Proteus would fit better in a random team build while Ursena has to be placed in a team that is built to better take advantage of what she brings to the table.

In rainbow teams, there is a competition for the spot in the team. Proteus is purple, Ursena is purple, that means they can and must be compared. Also, Ursena and Proteusā€™s specials have negative synergy, so placing them into the same team is wasting some opportunities.

These are things that Ursena does better than Proteus:

1. Survival (731 Def + 1283 HP VS 595 Def + 1079 HP)
  2. Damage
  3. Better synergy between class and special skill.
  4. FUN against Guin (I love those RESIST letters over all my heroes when Guin does her thing).
  5. The special works very well against Onatel

This is a huge advantage and it will only increase as I level Ursena.

I agree with that, but ā€¦ I play with Proteus for so long and already got bored with him. So now Ursena is in my rainbow raid team, for better or for worse. Iā€™m having lots of fun with her, winning raids against 4200 teams with my 3950 team consisting of Ursena, Musashi, Zim, Athena and Alberich.

Why raid rainbow? Must be for fun since it definitely isnā€™t as effective as color stacking. I mean youā€™re talking about something most of us donā€™t do so thatā€™s why the question makes no sense to a lot of us.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my post about it:

In short, itā€™s more fun for me to win by assembling the perfect team and solving puzzles (rainbow), not by depending on RNG (mono).

That doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t use mono. I use it for titans and for events. In wars I run 3+2 usually, but raids are for fun, so I prefer the rainbow.

1 Like

Have you fought Ursena +5 tanks? I didā€¦ I lostā€¦ Iā€™m a huge Hel / Proteus fan, but I would not be so sure about those tabardsā€¦ Ursena as tank with high level mana troops is plain and simple devastatingā€¦

1 Like

You just donā€™t stack yellow against her

1 Like

i wonder why Ursena in tank is so diff for you , even Anzogh got better stats and annoying special if casted as tank , 3-2 should be easy to bust Ursena especially she is average and without heal ability

Itā€™s not thatā€¦ itā€™s that as tank she gets to cast pretty early, when your team is still way over 50% health and thatā€™s just a devastating blow (especially if Panther is involved in the equation)ā€¦ beside, stacking yellow being a bad idea, allows the defender to safely pair her with other purple, like Kunchen, Panther and Kage, and thatā€™s just insaneā€¦ there is a level 90 (ninety) player thatā€™s currently using her as tank. That speaks a lot more than my commentsā€¦

Not really. It is similar to having Mitsuko at tank.

Yesterday I fought Ursena 4.80+4 in war. A tank of course. Sheā€™s got really scary animation but hits like a pillow. I was surprised because expected much more damage. She doesnā€™t deal more damage than Quintus and since I didnā€™t bring any yellow, the reflection was irrelevant.

Ok, but Quintus is Slow and hasn`t got any secondary special. On top of that fighting against purple without yellow can be difficult.

Well, we definitely had different experiences against her. I got hit by Ursena after being debuffed by Panther. It was most unpleasent for my teamā€¦ beside, fighting a team of three or more purples without yellow itā€™s a tricky thing by itselfā€¦

Same. Just fought her today as tank, maxed + talents. Didnā€™t even have a yellow with me. When she went off it was like 200-300 damage. Laughable. I was saying that right after the release when everyone was super hyped about her. I donā€™t regret not getting her. Sheā€™s going to be B at max.

She hits around 300-450 depending on the def of enemy when they have more than 50% hp. i have her att at 910 with troopsā€¦