Upcoming Balance Changes - Announcement Discussion (May, 2020)

You have beta to test heroes before you release them. When you are releasing a hero it’s stupid to nerf it after some time. It’s like I am selling guitars and you buy one from me. I get your money and few days later I am coming to your house telling you, that the sound of the guitar is better than it should. Give me back the guitar to make her sound not as good as it is. You released a hero that everyone liked and used as a Tank. We build our teams around Telluria, using our ascention items to heroes that have good synergy with her. Using our Emblems on those heroes. And now you tell us, forget what you know. We will change all that. Who is going to give me back the time I spent to work with those heroes? who is going to give me back my ascention items? Who is going to give me back the hams and resources I used to emblem them and maxing them? This is absolutely stupid and unacceptable. You can release new heroes that will ballance the effect of Telluria. But nerfing her is unacceptable. I feel 100% deceived. The day you will nerf Telluria or any other already released hero, will be the day I will laugh out loud in your face and will say goodbye to this game. Maybe another game respects me more as a costumer and the money I spend on it.

7 Likes

Changes were suggested

SG ignored.

They touched the minions, the damage, and i think the healing but none of it was significant enough and they never touched the -34% mana

4 Likes

feel free to take Small giant to court then I first doubt you can win,
possibly could win based on lord dennings red hand in the UK if the changes were deemed to be crucial and the changes were deemed to by substantial and it was deemed the terms warning about this were not sufficiently highlighted.
I am not a Lawyer I am not a legal expert please do not take legal advice based on my post I am not qualified to give it just speculating based on a tiny law module i did as part of a degree a long time ago. not even a law degree an accounting degree and it was a single module in the first year. I am not qualified to give legal advice.

either way it would cost to much to sue small giant anyway.

Though can someone please let me know when this update changes will come into effect I am on the verge of the final ascention of Killhare and would like to know if she is significantly nerfed or buffed before I make the decision to Ascend her as I only have 8 tabards and if she wont be worth it I do not want to waste the Tabards on ascending her please please someone let me know when this update will come into effect.

Semantics. I applaud and very much enjoy the beta threads…and I don’t wish for them to go away. Because they exist, however, the player base now has full knowledge of the testing cycles, and the stats associated with them. Regardless of disclaimers, people get excited when they see what stats/skills the beta heroes have. When they get “adjusted” to something down, then the playerbase will consider that a nerf as opposed to a balance change.

Without knowledge of the original JF and Clarissa stats, we wouldn’t have the large threads on them that we have now.

Telluria needed a balance. compared to other tanks like Vivica or Kunchen, she’s average speed. compared to tanks like Guinevere and Ursena, her attack does too many things. Telluria either needs : one less ability, or only affect caster and nearby, or be slow speed.

1 Like

Nerfing Telluria would be another slap in the face of the players.

CONTEXT: There is a lot of time and money invested in this game by players. TIme is consumed in repetitive boring tasks like farming the same levels or battling teams controled by stupid AI (as opposed to battling other players). Money consumed in a lottery mechanism with really low odds and high costs. There are few really interesting developments in the game (sometimes looks like a team of one or two programmers only) given the massive spending and profits. And now, after people invest in getting a hero and support heroes, the company says: well, we’re gonna take back some of its functionality. We don’t really care about your money and time spent, we make the rules.

Tell me please some examples of other stuff you buy where the producer decides to “nerf” it and you’re ok. Your car, smartphone, TV set, real estate? Services you agreed upon?

They don’t. I have little against a new car or smartphone on the market several months after I got mine, it won’t make mine worse. But remember when Apple slowed intentionally older phones, what a ruckus and lost trials with consumers.

So, SG, come with new ideas to make the game more competitive. Make some new challenges. Make the game less grind and more fun. But don’t take back what we paid for, or me and probably others will feel a little angry because we are taken for fools.

I will personally not spend another dime in the game if that happens. Probably erase it, also.

6 Likes

Well start laughing because this isn’t the first time…

Who said anything about bragging? They are large cross sections of people in generally higher end alliances. Who all have varying opinions on the topic with no clear majority as you are announcing within a much smaller cross section of alliances. More data > less data. At least last I checked. I perfectly understand why you wouldn’t want to be in those groups. It’s talked about at least once a week. Funny stuff tbh

1 Like

after balancing Telluria. perhaps Vela and JF dont need a change. however Finley is still too strong.

So its the game developers fault then ? Maybe they need to give all the people that ascended tell all their mats bback plus a refund for those that arent happy if they ignored all the beta testers.

Sounds like the game developers fault then.

1 Like

neerfing Telluria correctly and she will still see play as Tank. but just wont be the only choice

2 Likes

Yes, rework the beta version. I heard that in the current system, tester do not have access to every hero to test, so synergy could be missed if they don’t have all heroes to test.

4 Likes

An alternate solution:

Provide a trade token so players can exchange any telluria for any other 5* HOTM from the past-with equal ascension level of the current telluria being traded in. Plus an additional 5000 gems in case people invested in other heroes to compliment telluria.

If you have 3 Telly you get 15k gems and 3 trade tokens

Then set a policy that every time you nerf a hero post beta a trade token for any other previous HOTM + 5000 gems will be given out. This keeps SGG accountable now and in the future and gives the community a measurable standard of expectation.

Apply this policy to nerfs for any seasonal or challenge event heroes as well. Same with your regular season heroes.

If you nerf a season 1 hero, 5000 gems and the ability to exchange that hero for a fully ascended season 1 hero. Same goes for s2/s3

If this policy was accepted though, you don’t get to call them adjustments and bypass paying out because they aren’t technically nerfs. So really if SGG makes an adjustment that isn’t a buff to a hero, or changed their overall kit then the trade token and 5k gems is given.

7 Likes

so dissapointment. This is not the way of doing bussines. look like fraud. Last 4 month my spending into this game was based on upcoming HoTMs like Vella JF and Telluria. Because this trio is amazing and created to be on deffence. I was lucky for Vella, did OVERSPENDING for JF but didnt get it. And did OVERSPENDING (in my understading) to pull Tella. I pulled it. Luckily. Next month I was chasing Malosi as Tella counter but didnt succed. I pulled for GM in AR but didnt get it. So Jan - MAy my decission for spending was mde bacause of Telluria. And now what??? You gonna nerf it??? Return my money for 4 month and nerf whatever you want. Is there any good lawyer for collective law suit???

3 Likes

Well i dont think that doing always what players want is good for game and bussiness.

Every player wants to maximize his personal account but it can lead to overall worse game and experience for everyone if too many follows this path.
There are many examples of that in real world - for example if one person dumps trash in forest its not a problem but when everyone starts to this thats a big problem.

Same with telluria - he has too much impact and is too common to just leave it.

exactly what I want to see I want to see her still been a fairly common option for a tank but not the only option making up 85% of the top 100.

Do not buff your team and he will be useless

3 Likes

They. Do. Not. Listen. To. Beta. Testers!

The developers use beta to push a product and bug test. Beta testers give feedback which largely goes unheard. The beta program is a marketing ploy if nothing else.

2 Likes

Welcome to democrazy :slight_smile:

What will it take to turn this forum/game positive again?

This may be the last straw. Where was this mass complaining about GM for the last couple years. Leave Telly just as she is. If you didn’t get her on a pull, spend some money like the rest of us. If you continue to appease your FTP players, that’s all you will have.

1 Like