Unfair treatment in the Path of Valor re defeating TITANs

Thinking of creating a new alliance, how long does it take to raise Tita from 1 * up to 3 *?

It is only encouraging merc play because people are impatient and not because they feel like they wonā€™t reach the goal. People want as many rewards as they can get right now.

I also think that a lot of these mercs are people who are allready manipulating the system. It is well known that there is a war exploit where you deliberately dump your alliance and make a new one after 5 war wins to artificially lower your war score and get easy wins as to fill your war chest more quickly. The downside here is that the titans in those alliances arenā€™t high enough for POV and they are forced to merc.

I consider this a good thing as it just became more inconvenient to essentially cheat your way to war wins.

I think they should change the system to only count titans that count towards your titan chest. Would solve the entire mercing issue and really screw over those players abusing the war exploit as it would become a lot harder for them to keep abusing the system.

Doesnā€™t your own titan chest follow you wherever you go?

Thatā€™s why merc-Ing is a thing.

I think the same about titan challenge, we kill 9-10-11 but we miss like 2-3 per week, will see how it goes

1 Like

No, If you switch alliances your titan chest is ā€œlockedā€ for 12 hours I believe and titans killed donā€™t count towards that chest. You still get titan rewards though which to some people make it worth the trouble.

I am not 100% up to speed on the exact specifics but I heard that the loot is also worse and that the bonus drop for rare titans doesnā€™t drop for mercs but donā€™t quote me on it.

So simply put, Each titan that counts towards your chest woiuld count towards the path of valor and titans killed within the first 12 hours of joining arenā€™t counted towards this chest. Problem solved really.

And I donā€™t agree that that flaw even exists. Any active alliance can easily kill 35 titans in 50 days.

The entire system is built to match the titan to your ability to kill them. If you donā€™t kill them quickly you should be seeing at least 3 titans before the level of the titan goes up to something you canā€™t kill. If you kill 3 and skip 1 you will reach your 35 titan goal.

Mercing is not required to get the last level of the POV unless your alliance doesnā€™t kill 6* or higher titans. People that do merc do it for different reasons ( Out of impatience, because they dont have 6* titans or because they simply donā€™t have an alliance ).

1 Like

Itā€™s only a flaw if the intention is to eliminate mercing altogether. Thereā€™s been no indication of that from SGG.

2 Likes

What is a ā€˜realā€™ alliance?

Personally a vacation alliance with a little less pressure on daily hits is real to me. Or someone who leaves a high power alliance to set up with one or two friends only.

If there is a challenge that requires a certain type of alliance to be fulfilled I consider it unbalanced. And yes, by your logic, my main account is in a ā€˜realā€™ allianceā€¦ I have experience of both

5 Likes

Exactly! It is the level 6 Titan that is the issue, not the number. I canā€™t see why they increase both

The titan chest is actually usually worse than the monsters chest, so wouldnā€™t give me a lot of motivation to merc, personally.

Iā€™m just counting on my alliance to make it. Weā€™re at the fiddly phase where 12* are too big and 11* are easy, so we end up skipping every fourth or fifth titan. Weā€™ll make it easily, as it appears.

Iā€™m pretty sure, they will block this method asap :smiley:

Thatā€™s the free stuff. The extra valor pass stuff is on the left.

1 Like

Why should a ā€œvacation Allianceā€ be just as rewarding? That makes zero sense ā€¦ Youā€™re literally, by definition, putting in less effort.

1 Like

No one who is in an alliance that can kill 6* titans and higher should be worried about reaching the goal of 35 killed titans.

Our alliance collects titan data and we have a table with titans over last 14 months. We went from 6*/7* titans to currently 11*. We used to have 20 members and now we have 30, we used to have members who were very inconsistent with titans. None of that made any difference.

When I looked at the data, we have always killed between 38 and 41 of the last 52 titans, never less than that, never more than that. Thatā€™s a very very narrow range and I would be surprised if any established alliance is doing worse than this. If some alliance lets more titans flee, guess what? They will get more easier titans and will end up with a similar win rate.

2 Likes

So whatā€™s the best way to merc to defeat titans? In other words, do you only need to be present for the titans death then you can leave or do you need to be there from the start etc? My intuition would say one only needs to be present long enough to see the titan defeated, but that doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m necessarily correct :thinking:

The missions are boring not fun. The mats are the only reason to do it

No, I am not putting in less effort. My alt manages it. I play everyday, win wars etc. itā€™s just that there are only 2 regular players. The Titan kill targets assume an alliance of a reasonable numberā€¦ doesnā€™t account for very small ones

1 Like

With 30 slots, I think itā€™s safe to say the game is designed around larger alliances than 2 people. The bottom line is you have a workable solution hereā€¦swap through alliances killing titans. If you had no possible workaround Iā€™d give more weight to this complaint. But, now itā€™s just a matter of whether you choose to do it or not :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

ā€œBut TEACHER, how was I supposed to even possibly complete the extra credit homework? The lead on my pencil brokeā€

4 Likes

Wait you can do that? Thanks for the tip

1 Like