Tournaments for 2* and 1* - STAFF RESPONSE: 1* and 2* tournaments will be removed

I feel this is misleading. The devs never told us the implementation of tourney frequency until this week. Additionally, there were concerns in beta about roster space, which the frequency they decided to implement was the worst possible decision for roster space efficiency. I felt if they existed, they should be as frequent as 3* to actually utilize your investment. Otherwise, it was a waste and needed to be removed.

One thing not mentioned in this debate as often is the increased importance on troops and emblems in 1*/2*. While most have the opportunity to level these, it should not be lost on folks that the big spenders have more spare resources to spend on these to gain the advantage. It is true that there are no seasonal/event 2* or less, so all have the same tools (refreshing), but I vaguely remember fighting regular maxed 1* vs +20 emblemed 1in beta, and it was like a wall. My point here is that the these tourneys were not really the great equalizer folks think they might have been. In fact, one could argue that it was more P2W than 3 tourneys given the roster depth, emblems, and troop depth needed to compete. I can’t say for certain since only 1 was released live; just my long ago experience from beta.

6 Likes