To the best players - what is the secret to get boards that are playable

Homoclese, I am not dismissing anyone. As I said, the lady in this case had a huge roster of mostly unmaxed heroes - that’s all fine. I have 10 blues that are mostly undone because I get no scopes
The thing was that she had zero skills and after 3 years had no idea what the ‘dark realm’ meant and relied on better players to tell her who to attack and which heroes to use. I’m sorry I didn’t specify this. I am sorry I did not explain it fully. I was talking about 5* only. I would never dismiss anyone who pays a lot, I do it myself although 100 pounds a month is not that much, but going over my budget would be a problem - but I’d love too. I was solely talking about players who never learned anything.

Thank you and yes, the whole “just attack mono and hope you get lucky” cancer is precisely why I switched to a reverse formation. Even though from a defender’s perspective it’s not the most ideal formation since you truly have little control over who fires first, it does a very good job of thwarting the mono crowd.

To be fair it still does occasionally lose to a lucky mono board from time to time, but at least from what I could see, those who tried to mono my defense had a 70-80% chance of losing. And these aren’t scrubs either, they’re often lv 65+ players with close to 4700 defenses and decent heroes. Very disappointing to see something so lame from supposedly experienced players.

I mean yeah sure if I’m running a standard or reverse double formation, mono might make sense (emphasis on might). But mono vs reverse? Seriously dude/dudette?

2 Likes

Don’t stress - I was responding to Elpis’ post, not yours

I was ranked # 1 globally yesterday and I only have L25 troops. I got to that point by matching up against opponents properly. If see Sif in the center I bring Snow White! If I see minion makers I bring bera! If I just want to bring offense/defense down it’s asterius morell ninjas and lady of the lake. What make the game entertaining! Good luck

Mono works again reverse! You just have to stack against the flank or wing and not the nonexisting tank.
Before you rant against mono look at the videos from jekyllandhyde. With right team composition its not a gamble. If it would be gambling I would expect a win ratio of 20-40% . If have a win ratio of more than 70% in raids and more than 80% in wars.

Yes of course mono works against everything as long as you get the right board. With the right team composition it’s still a gamble because you’re still 100% reliant on the board, and hope none of your key heroes get killed before they get to fire.

I have a win rate of 80%+ with my rainbow team, so I guess rainbow is superior then?

1 Like

How many victories do you have in a war?
And the raid win ratio depends heavy on your cups.I usually start with some 2550-2600 cups when I raid for filling the hero chest. After eight wins I usually hold some 2700 cups. I seldom raid against teams with less than 4600 TP. My defense can not hold so many cups, overnight I drop to some 2550 again.

Usually 4 or 5 one shots, against all 4700+ defenses. I don’t use rainbow in war obviously, but s mix of 3-2, 3-1-1, and 4-1, but never mono unless it’s a cleanup.

And yes, at least 4600 TP when raiding as well.

I play 2+ hours daily & participate in everything the game gives via quests, Titans, Events, Wars and have “no issue with the boards”.

I also get bad boards in raids & wars. I simply take a break for a few hours to have different RNG for next play… BCOZ, the heroes chosen for each type of play are by me & not the game / anyone else.

Whatever anyone might say, the hero choice is total GUESS-Work, even though I chose heroes that a strong against tank, flank or any other logic to win !

The risk / benefit of tiles increases based on how many of same colour I stack… which I am sure you know. I use 3-2 mostimes & with my BK & Gazelle team it is 3-1-1 or 2-2-1.

If you see youtubers who share their play videos…The key to getting boards is :

• Very slow speed play,
  • Tiles play is done in a distributed manner to delay charging key destructive heroes.
  • Combos might not be helpful all the times. Same logic for diamonds. So see the board & play out. Many people blindly make combos & diamonds, which cascade & charge up opposition to destroy our team…
  • Many times 2 healers are taken & of different colours

In the end it is still a guess-work, chance taken with heroes / colour / healers or not / etc… = cannot blame board, which comes as per a program… which is fairly easy to see, if looked at / analysed logically & not emotionally !

There are more strategies about board play shared in videos by some youtubers, which is fairly good, so check out!

Good luck playing & not blaming boards, though emotional frustration can create that illusion ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree, that spenders are not necessarily players who are good at play.

I have seen many players play well, when they work with limited rosters = more creativity & board play.

Checkout Aquaginera - Youtube videos of board play. He has stopped for last 6 odd months… so his old war videos are there.

OLO Youtube is good too !

1 Like

For some of us, we have super crappy heroes and rainbow is not an option. Nor do we have any or many mana troops. But that’s mainly regarding raids, war, and five star tourneys.

There’s a lot to be said for good board manipulation. Especially with average speed heroes (or any hero on VF) getting one four of a kind match can really make or break an attack. Sometimes there are two moves or more needed to setup a four of a kind.

I’m really bad at war and am not qualified to comment but I will say that more boards are probably playable and winnable than most people think. That there’s a lot of skill involved in the game, and that inaccuracies and flat out blunders are constantly being made because even for the very best players in this game it’s tough to play perfectly all the time.

I also believe at least half or more of a successful war hit is simply target selection and building or using the correct team for the job. This was probably at least touched on already in this topic.

2 Likes

This is essential… Too many go by tp alone. U must look at troops. Bonuses… emblems…team Synergy… Speeds. Just saying "he’s only 4700 tp " ain’t enough.
Then choose the right team. Do u need a cleanser? Debuffer? Etc

Well I don’t know about anyone else but as a member of the Stonecutters I always get great boards and great pulls.

Also knowing the secret handshake gets me discounts from Tradespeople if something goes wrong in the house and I have a special signet ring that gives me free snacks from vending machines.

We just have to lose raids and war hits on purpose every now and again so no one suspects anything.

3 Likes

Secret handshake??? Geez i had to do more than that for the same benefits… :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

The “trick” is learning how to play a bad board into a usable one. Know that every single move you make is a dice roll often times because you may look at a possible match but only if you make an off-color choice. For instance, you have 2 strong tiles directly under an enemy hero. You can make a match to essentially move that column up, hoping that the next tile that comes up will be a match. You can to do your best to set yourself up for success, essentially planning 2 moves ahead of what your current board is. I would even go as far as to say that in the grand scheme of things, the heroes you bring don’t even matter as long as they have sufficient offensive capabilities as long as you can fire them by working a bad board into a good one.

2 Likes

And offering sacrifices to the game gods , not to mention having the willpower to not smash your phone (real skill there) but also having the understanding that u can do EVERYTHING perfect and still get *** without even a good meal first…

I play the game on an old Nokia 3310. If I throw the phone it’s actually a danger to those around me…even if it misses them the dangers of a lethal ricochet remain high.

2 Likes

I was with you on your first paragraph, but totally against you in this. Your heroes need to be able to survive long enough to turn a bad board around - and aside from innate surivability this also means combinations of healing, buffs, debuffs and dispells before you are in a position to be in an attacking position. If you can line up your attacking heroes early in the game then that is not really working the board but rather luck of the board.

1 Like

I agree with Homaclese on this one.

You have to be strong enough to survive until you can turn the board around. One reason my essential 4* heroes got the LB first.

Moving tiles and creating combos is something i spend a lot of time on.
If you watch any of my war videos i can spend up to 1 minute thinking on just one move.
I watch other people play and i always see combos that were missed , which could have changed the outcome.

So my tips are

1. Don’t send a line of your color up unless it is either going to activate your heroes or kill one of the opponents heroes, leave them on the board and work on finding combos. More chance you can gather up the stray tiles on the board.

2. Make sure your attack teams activate in 9 tiles or under.

3. Use the Mana deceleration to your advantage, every move pushes the opponent closer to activation… so be fearless. Your colors are somewhere further down the conveyor , you have to get to them as quickly as you can.

But alas on a rare occasion there is just nothing you can do… The game just screws you.

2 Likes