Titan Lock / Skip Titan option / Let leaders prevent members from attacking the titan / Stop attacking Titan button / Disable or turn off Titan button

Yeah if i say titan is a pass only hit once for loot.
If I Freeze the titan will stop others who haven’t hit to get loot

Lots of great discussion and point for pros and cons ! Thank you all and thanks to the moderator for combining with previous threads :slight_smile:

My alliance, and I’m sure others as well, occasionally have to let an Titan go in order to get back to a lower star Titan that is manageable. We usually just put a message in chat that says something along the lines of, “we are letting this Titan go, so please save your flags for the next one.”

My idea is give the leader and coleader an option let a Titan escape IMMEDIATELY. However, the timer until the next Titan would NOT change. You would have to wait the remainder of the Titan timer to get the next one. This feature would ensure that all alliance members have full flags for the next Titan.

Alternatively, instead of letting the Titan escape it could change the Titan into an un - killable mode that would let the alliance members practice their hits and experiment with different teams to try and find a better combination for future titans. These practice hits would NOT require Titan flags or any other types of energy as the Titan kill as already been forfeited and the attacks are solely for practice.

Let me know your thoughts!

If this post exists, please forgive me moderators and please merge as you see fit.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Sometimes even after leaders and coleaders put the messages up, some members are still hitting the titan. The practice seems interesting as well.

Hi guys,

My alliance leader heard a gossip saying that it’s better to attack the titan for 0 and flee instead of not attacking it at all if we plan to let it go. Does it impact on the next titans in any way?

According to the data that I found, how the titan score is calculated, it should not make a difference - 0 is 0. It might be, that “null” has another impact than 0, but I doubt it.
(Titan score decreasing)

However, are those counted as hits and does it provide loot then? Sometimes I have 4* non-farmable ascension mats from escaped titans. Very seldom, but it happens. This would be a good reason for “flee-attacks”.

@szparo

I think your leader is a little mistaken in part of his approach. While it is true that attacking a titan gets loot I personally don’t think fleeing is worth it if you have already gone to the effort to hit. There is a bit of a complex caveat to this namely time.

If you start with 3/3 flags and don’t hit you technically waste those hours because your times are not decreasing toward the next flag. Since it is 4hrs of cooldown per flag I think your leader is suggesting to use one flag at least even if the titan is going to escape, however I would recommend hitting the titan instead of fleeing since you have already clicked the buttons to attack, plus with randomized loot, even reduced, you can still get some good loot.

In my opinion this is a little bit unique compared to the titan lock question and it might need to get its own topic as it is a complex issue that is mostly unique to the question of skipping titans. Since I am not a mod I can’t move this anywhere, but I almost think it should have its own topic.

As a final thought deliberately escaping seems a bit odd to me for “0” when assuming you don’t disconnect it takes only a few minutes (90 seconds plus team setup) to click attack and then fight.

I propose that the alliance leader can post a message on the titan screen or the screen right before you start your titan attack that can say something to the tune of: “Let this one go, save your titan energy for the next one.”

Players can ignore it or whatever but sometimes the leader calling players off gets buried in the text thread and so players don’t always see it.

1 Like

Imho many of you are approaching this from the wrong angle. Everyone has accidentally hit a titan after it was called but players who consistently do it and ignore repeated requests to save flags for the next titan are not team players and would be better suited in a one person alliance. Move on from those detrimental players and replace with team oriented players.

One proven way to remove the “buried in chat” excuse is to use your alliance banner as the indicator of hit or let escape on titans. Set the background to green for hit and set to red for no hit.

1 Like

Have a call titan visual where if a co lead or lead want to pass on a titan then we can select a pass on titan button that puts a circle around titan with a line through it. All alliance members will see it which will help because not everyone sees the banner. Or even a big red x by the titan if called and green checkmark if good to hit. Players must still be able to hit once for loot.

Do you think this will help over ppl choosing not to read the featured message pop up?

An absolute genius idea. Sharing Titan loot tiers or allowing all members of an alliance to have an equal opportunity for loot tier rolls is pivitol. Not everyone needs this feature for prevention of hits due to a Titan escaping, but rather to prevent rediculous high hits by some while others who don’t/can’t log on till much later get below C loot opportunity

Please provide a checkbox where players can check or uncheck participation in titan battles (just like the ones for alliance wars). The strength of the titans should then be calculated/based on the strength of the participants. (Defeating 5 consecutive titans should be rewarded with better loot from the titan chest.)

This way, players who like to hunt titans would get to have fun and get even better loot. Players who find the titans annoying, do not burden the alliances by not participating.

But… then why join an alliance?! Titans are the best / most regular source of 3*&4* AMs. Having titan flags and choosing not to use them? :woman_shrugging:t2:

FWIW The titan level is one indicator to new recruits as to whether the alliance is a good fit. For example if you’re struggling to survive the 90secs, obviously a lower level titan would be better.

GL with your idea, I don’t understand how it would work.

1 Like
  1. If you don’t want to hit the titan just don’t hit the titan. I have many alliance members who don’t, or don’t regularly. Having an opt-out changes nothing.
  2. Titan strength is currently basd on the strength of the previous titans you fought and whether you defeated them or not. Thus it is already determined by how strong your titan-hitting members are.
2 Likes

Sorry if this has been raised before but it seems not to be picked up There needs to be an opt-out of Titan hunts like there is for Wars. I have one member who doesn’t join in. I’d rather not boot him from the alliance. He must be weighting the algorithms on Titan hunts.

Basically, the size of titans is determined by how fast you are taking them down. If someone isn’t hitting, it is not a direct penalty to the team, but you are getting less damage. If you just kicked that member without replacing him, you should see no difference whatsoever to the Titan hunts.

1 Like

Yup good answer. Titan zeroes don’t change anything if they’re consistent. Inconsistency can be painful.

the message “stop titan” should be placed on the titan itself and not on the bulletin board. so i ask sg to add a communication chat about the titan himself

Yes that would be nice.

1 Like