Theorycrafting the Raid Tournament

This is what I did. Locked in a brutally weak Day 1 opponent, with brutally low difficulty bonus points.

1 Like

I locked in the opponent, but it was late in the day and not so weak. Difficulty 51. Then on day 2 itā€™s difficulty became 92. But my 2nd and 3rd opponents on day 2 were 500 TP stronger but 3rd was only difficulty 22 :frowning:

The difficulty ratings are messed up, for sure.

I think weā€™ll have to give the developers a few weeks to iron things out.

Aside from these hiccups, the overall event looks promising.

3 Likes

Good call. I wasnā€™t wrapping my mind around the fact that her attack drop is essentially a 3 hero attack-debuff.

Scarlett and Sabina should do their job with their huge Attack score just by autoattacksā€¦ probably they arenā€™t the most sturdiest heroines but they arenā€™t that terribile on 4* fields.

2 Likes

I went back and checked the ranks of my Day 1 opponents this morning. It seems pretty clear that there are in excess of 2M players in this tournament:

20190330_070547

3 Likes

that is their regular raid rank not the tournament rank.
I am in the 10-25% tier and am 151k ish ranked
so that means there should be around 1.52M players in the tournament

Ok, today I was expecting maxed 4 star teams with emblems to back up my theory. Got some mediocre weaklings instead.

So yeah, so much for the defense tiers theory. I was hoping thereā€™s some thought behind it, but apparently it is all just a mess.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there was really nowhere for this thread to go after it became manifestly clear that the matching algorithm was broken. Like many others, I was never attacked and went 20 for 20 (while notching a disappointing 10-25% loot tier). Iā€™m only upset that I didnā€™t have a genuine opportunity to test my team against the competition. I had made some leveling decisions to prepare for the tournament, but the truth is they didā€™t matter; I would have posted the same results in this system regardless.

Here are some takeaways that I think are unlikely to change next time:

• A defense team has a base value of 200.
  • Defense teams are worth additional points, presumably based on how much it has won / lost.
  • It certainly appears that this additional value starts at 100 points.
  • It is possible that a defenseā€™s difficulty bonus cannot drop below a certain value: I fought two teams worth 202 points each (hence, my tier), and it would make some sense if they canā€™t drop below that threshold.
  • There was speculation about whether or not it was better to attack earlier or later. With the matching working the way it was, Iā€™m guessing that better was earlier. Later on, the (broken) defense team pool may have been replete with teams that were greatly devalued.

Edited to correct loot tier