The TGW Coffee Cup Party (Not exclusive) ☕

I know, right? She should be the one making the coffee cups. :laughing:

3 Likes

Her biggest challenge will be making a cake version of the original Muchacho cup :laughing:

3 Likes

Lol, thanks guys… the next time I make a mug cake I’ll take a pic! :stuck_out_tongue: And I’m self taught… elementary teacher by trade! We all tend to be pretty craftsy folk :wink:

4 Likes

I actually thought that one was beautiful. Sorry for not making you a cup sooner! I’ve lost track of which posters I’ve already made one for. As I said initially? They are not made in any particular order. Whether I made somebody a cup on day 1 or day 100, it has nothing to do with how much I like and respect them.

3 Likes

Self taught??? That’s crazy.

My mom was a special education teacher (now retired)… she’s artsy-ish, but nowhere near that talented.

I know, you probably didn’t go into teaching for the money. And I’ve always said that it’s better to have a job that you love even if it doesn’t pay that well, than to have a job that you hate that pays well… but seriously? You really could sell those cakes for good money.

Not trying to steal you away from the precious children who I’m sure adore you. But for the record, yes… those cakes are spectacular.

2 Likes

Certainly adds a whole new meaning to “I was cup dropping”

5 Likes

@FrenziedEye

17934_2

5 Likes

Let me save my Display Pic / Avatar somewhere first before I go about doing the full head transplant

1 Like

Ok I dont know what is going on but safety in numbers right

2 Likes

LOL I just started making goofy coffee cups for a couple people… couple turned into a few more… then people started putting them as their avatars and it became a thing, apparently. So I’m now making cups for anyone who wants one, along with cups for some who don’t really want one. Thinking my next project should be to start making some for the mods. Would be hilarious if they actually used them. :laughing:

5 Likes

Holy smokes, that’s great and thank you for your work. My wife is a teacher, I get it. :+1:

No apology needed. I didn’t get what was going on SHOCKER! :scream_cat: so I never asked for one. I just drew it for “funsies”. All good amigo :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Woah!! You made them?!! :astonished:

Don’t get me wrong! First glance at them, I thought they were stock images! (You know those modeled photographs!!)

And I must agree with @TGW. They look so mouthwateringly delicious!! At the same time, I am afraid I might tarnish their beauty if I touch them. (to eat or not to eat… I am so confused now…)

And how did you make those chopsticks look like they are magically floating in air in the first noodles pic?? That’s some Harry Potter level wizardry right there! (Wingardium Leviosa ??) :scream:

btw… here is an idea - unsolicited it might be. If you regularly do take such beautiful pics of mouthwatering food… you could actually sell these pics to websites that host stock images. You’ll be paid based on the number of users who purchase your pic. Just a suggestion to look into, if you’re interested. :slight_smile:

I am making this suggestion because some of those pics are indeed so beautiful I mistook them for stock images in the first go. (Oh that cake with chocolate cream and strawberries on top… I don’t know its exact name, but it looks so yum! :heart_eyes:)

5 Likes

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

ONE OF US

switch over and restore almighty symmetry to the first two lines!

5 Likes

@voidstrike, you can resist no longer… :wink:

9 Likes

Lol, thanks Captain! :smiley: Super simple trick - cut a tiny hole in the top of a bubble tea straw, planted it in the cake, strategically wedged in the chopsticks and then made the buttercream icing noodles directly on top to cover the straw :wink:

Thought about doing my own business from home at some point, but then I moved to Korea and am now baking from a tiny toaster oven :stuck_out_tongue: I may still do some baking for the expat community… I love doing cookies, too! If you guys want to check out more of my stuff, my IG is @butterandcreamad .

As for the stock photos, we’ve def thought about it - my hubby is a street photographer on the side (also full-time elementary teacher, lol) and has sold some of his images for stock, but I’m holding on to them in case I ever want to build up a portfolio for customers. :grin:

5 Likes

ooh yeah I figure Korea (especially Seoul) is quite a bit crowded as a country with high population density! But hey, your baking looks great and I am sure you will find a market for that!!

2 Likes

I figured there’s something hiding behind those upright noodles. However, how you’ve accomplished it is much simpler and more elegant than I expected. Kudos to your creativity! :smile: :+1:

Everyone loves delicious cakes… no matter the country and culture! You should definitely bake cakes and spread joy around. :smiley:

Good thinking!

Sounds like a person with an eclectic mix of passions. That’s quite rare. :slight_smile:

Definitely checking it out!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: I would actually argue that elementary teachers have some of the most eclectic ranges of interests, since we have teach literally everything :stuck_out_tongue: For me it’s musical theatre, singing and baking (see the E&P Song Lyrics thread!) and for my hubby it’s street photography, DJing and cooking. Plus, we have to learn to love all of our kids’ interests, too! :joy:

4 Likes

True and true!

I have dabbled around in the teaching field for some time, and I know for a fact that teaching kids is more challenging than teaching grown-ups is. However, at the same time, it’s way way more rewarding too.
So, if you enjoy doing it, your kids are quite lucky to have you. :slight_smile:

Cheers!!

1 Like

Sorry I must decline…I’m a model of consistency.

You can ask my alliance mates, other than a brief tribute to Khaleesi, I have the same avatar since day 1 of the game…our alliance used to do an in-game avatar shuffle to drive me bonkers…

@zephyr1 @ProfLoki (luckily I can tag them because I’m not currently in that alliance and our sister alliance is significantly more socially reserved than the Horde).

5 Likes