Taught by Professor TGW, B.S., Honorary PhD in Applied Absurdity

STEP ONE:

Go to main web browser search page.

STEP TWO:

Search “why is the rum gone gif”

STEP THREE:

Find gif. Save as.

STEP FOUR:

Come to forum. Begin post. Click little picture icon.

a

STEP FIVE:

Select gif.

STEP SIX:

Post.

tenor

:+1:

3 Likes

@TGW

Could be I’m not in the 1337 club yet???

2 Likes

Yikes. Tis possible.

Hmm… possible workaround…

Testing…

Find a working “direct link”. Example:

Reaction Gifs of the Masters

Great thread, @Cheds!

I’ll contribute two things for each sense:

• I love listening to Christmas music out of season. It just lifts my mood. Also, any time I’m outside I try to listen to the way the wind rustles the trees. In Lab Girl, Hope Jahren wrote that each sounds unique - they have their own song.

• Freshly cut grass, though I’m mildly allergic, is a smell I enjoy. But the best is probably when I’m cooking. Something as simple as heating oil and throwing in garlic and onion is wonderful. My SO and I always joke about it, encouraging each other to go over to the pan and get some free smells.

• Fresh pineapple. Though just about any fruit will do it. I’m particularly fond of strawberries and cherries.

• Bamboo sheets. They’re softer and stay cool in the summer. Flannels in the winter. Also, taking the coldest shower I can tolerate after working out. It feels glorious.

• My desktop background scrolls every picture on my computer, one a minute. It’s a fun surprise, seeing what’ll be there. I enjoy looking at bonfires. Plus that experience includes most of the senses.

• Lastly, thought. I almost invariably smile when I think of David Foster Wallace. I’ll let him stand alone.

5 Likes

this little guy makes me happy.

10 Likes

My wife is a big crafter. She makes tonnes of decorations out of felt and crochet and sells them in Christmas markets. As such my house is always Christmas. All year round. Always…it…never…ends… :laughing:

I walked into the living room on Tuesday and she had the Muppets Christmas Carol on. A film I’ve now seen so much I know the script back to front :joy:

3 Likes

In fact this might get a smile…

The start of a Crochet Snow globe idea she’s had.

5 Likes

That’s cool! (sorry, I ran out of likes already)

Christmas is my favorite holiday. Love the lights, the scents (pine, ginger, etc.), the music… great ambiance.

5 Likes

Oh I agree…at Christmas :joy:

I long lost the battle…

We have a grotto in our house every year. I get to be “builder elf”. This year was a stable for the 3 huge Reindeer things she got…

Still, let’s me go to Vegas so not all bad :sunglasses:

Ah yes… year round, I can see how the “magic” might begin to wear off. It annoys me when people start off the season way too early.

If you think about it, Vegas is kind of like “adult Christmas”. Lights, sounds, and colors everywhere. Chance to get some really nice presents, along with several chances to be naughty. :laughing:

1 Like

LOL! some shopping malls and radio stations in the Philippines start playing Christmas music as early as September…

as a country, we do not really have any big holidays besides Christmas / New Year. And Holy Week, but that’s only because it’s a long weekend. So, Christmas becomes disproportionately big…

Picking up from @IvyTheTerrible ‘s list.

The cooking smells of frying bacon and onions. Almost better than the taste. Always brings a smile

So Groundhog Day is just a joke to you…

Groundhogs aren’t even native to my country :man_shrugging: I think they would be a myth to most of us lol

Thank god im happy today

I much prefer Christmas music off season to on season :slight_smile:

And the smell of fresh ct grass just makes me smile… especially if I’m sitting on the porch with a cold glasss of sweet tea.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I like pickles with hot sauce and nutella with my cottage cheese. :popcorn: great thread @Cheds :kiss:

3 Likes

Ok, a bit late with my post, but here goes - my boy cat Mikey makes me smile everyday.
He is a Blue British Shorthair

7 Likes

Gorgeous boy! I hope you feed him Sheba😉

Books make me happy, they’re my comfort blanket.

I mainly read non fiction about History, and Palaeontology. I also love the two since I’ve lived close to where Mary Anning found the specimens that changed science.

I also enjoy reading fiction books like Anne Rice, Terry Pratchett and Ben Aaronovitch.

My favourite book of all time is my copy of Dinosaurs by William Stout, first edition with no front or back cover because the pictures have been stared at too often by a very small girl who couldn’t read.

3 Likes