The Happy Thread

@AncientPirate1, I’d like to formally announce that until a few months ago, I always thought your avatar was a black bear standing on its hind legs.

Clearly not, when looking closely, but from afar, it can be seen, if you want it enough.

I just wanted that to be known before the game dies tomorrow (according to many forum posters right now).

7 Likes

LOL I’m not saying the game is going to die tomorrow. Only mentioned it because I get the impression from many of the posts lately (from the nerf threads to the angst over the ToL odds) that several players are either considering uninstalling, or at the very least, cutting off their financial contributions. Not sure if they’re just personal venting, or representative of a larger unspoken movement. Add in those who theorize that Zynga just bought this game to milk it until its dry, then dispose of it.

I’d like to see the game carry on. If I actually thought the game was going to die tomorrow, I would have already uninstalled and I wouldn’t be wasting my time leveling up my heroes, killing titans, or posting my absurd opinions here.

3 Likes

My eyesight has gotten so poor that at times I think it looks like the wicked witch from the classic Wizard of Oz.
But I could definitely see the Black bear standing on its hind legs.

Thanks for clarifying.

And I am so glad you didn’t ask me to nerf my avatar. :joy:

I hope the rest of your day is spectacular !!!

7 Likes

@AncientPirate1 I actually see a crow on the little pic…

Weird…you have one of those psychiatrist blob thingies as you avatar :joy:

Patient “I see 2 ducks having a cuddle”

Psych “Interesting” (whilst writing Psychopath on notes)

6 Likes

I like good alternative music and my kids. You can listen to one of them better than the other. But I really love’m both! :sweat_smile:
They make me happy every day!

5 Likes

Ah ha MUSIC :musical_score:
Definitely one thing that always makes me happy.

So much music and never enough time. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Here is the full picture of the avatar I use.

I suppose there are lots of things we can see.
I just see a perfect self portrait of myself. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

The Antlers
Arcade Fire
Beach House
Bloc Party
Foals
Etc.

All different yet all fantastic bands!

3 Likes

listen to music
meet friends
go crazy with my alli
look at my girlfriend (why are you grinning, do I have something on my face?)
my godchildren
watch the sunset
have a beer, have a good steak
listen to the wind and the waves
feel the wind, smell the sea
watch the wind in the trees (seems I like the wind)
driving, just driving (not to arrive anywhere, but to be on the road)

4 Likes

Ah, music!

I’m kind of a nut when it comes to music, because my preferences are all over the spectrum. Everything from classic rock, to 90s gangster rap, alt rock, prog rock, synth pop, punk, goth, EDM, 80s pop, traditional classical (Beethoven, Mozart and such), to Celtic, jazz, classic country, etc. There are a few genres that I’m not really fond of, but this is The Happy Thread, so I won’t mention them here.
Safe to say that there is a lot more music that I do like vs. music I don’t like.

7 Likes

Aw man I didn’t see it until now, now I can’t unsee it.

As for what always makes me smile …

smile

8 Likes

I’m with you, that’s why I haven’t specified a genre.

For those who like classical music, Beethoven’s 9th with the Song of Joy must make you smile! And foot tap

2 Likes

this is what is making me happy tonight :slight_smile:

beautiful thread! keep sharing everyone

7 Likes

@sleepyhead I love rum too.

https://images.app.goo.gl/QnGLcQBYchKWJtLNA

1 Like

My forumfu is weak! Can’t seem to make the classic “why is the rum always gone” GIF post :joy:

1 Like

Definitely birds (20 with character)!

1 Like

Thank you @Cheds for this great thread. Definitely called for with all the negativity lately. One thing we hear often though is that people stay because of their alliance. I totally agree. And by extension, I enjoy when we engage a worthy opponent in war. To that end, I would like to tip my cap to @IvyTheTerrible. We fought her alliance “Cracking open a cold one” this past weekend. They engaged in friendly war chat and she was kind enough to supply video of her 6 war attacks. She also engaged in discussions with us about team selection, attack strategies, and other topics for a couple days after the war ended. A true class act that was still gracious even in defeat. Sorry Ivy, I couldn’t resist. :wink: Thanks again. Good luck, going forward. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Thank you! And thank you for calling my attention to this thread, which I have added to my reading catch up list!

It was a lot of fun talking to you and your alliance. Busy weekend - I would have liked to be in there earlier while the outcome was still in doubt for friendly banter. But you guys wiped the floor with us! Congratulations on the win!

4 Likes

Here is a thread here on the forum that makes me smile when i look at it.

1 Like