The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

Welcome over @Fledger !

@Muchacho and a few others here (@Sorvina @Gartenerbsen hope I didn’t forget any) are in an alliance together :slight_smile:

And the FTP discord has a few folks who recruit from time to time too

4 Likes

Thanks Sleepyhead. Joined the F2P discord group. :grinning:

4 Likes

I think it is just a difference in what we enjoy. I’m on level five in epic and it is already getting tough-which excites me. Maybe that makes me weird (don’t ask my kids!), but if I don’t lose a few levels and have to rethink my teams and items, it is dull for me. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Doesn’t make you weird, just means you’re motivated by different things :slight_smile:

I do like a challenge, what I particularly didn’t like was having such brute force from the enemies that I lost my Ulmer in the first Mob wave :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s also why I don’t want to aim for the very top (bottom?) of Styx tower anymore lol

I am curious about playing the hardest tower levels, but not interested enough to play all the ones in between! Otherwise, I have not faced any content I couldn’t complete in years-and only a few that have pushed me. My roster isn’t that good either, which makes me think the difficulty levels aren’t really that tough.

Or maybe I’m just that good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I used this team

Definitely the last level was though, maybe Faiz would have save a hero but I finished it with 2 heroes left on the first try
Let see how epic goes

1 Like

I used this team for Epic lvl.10 in Musketeers

And this team for Rare lvl.10

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Fledger! Been totally FTP since I started playing in 2018, so while the sense of relief isn’t something I experienced, I can relate in that it’s the only way I’ve ever known the game. Yes, there are times when a new hero pops up and I just gotta have it! But, I dunno — every one of those must-have heroes in the past, who I somehow managed to get (and there aren’t many) never really made a huge difference, at least for me. None made my defense invincible or my attack team unstoppable, and eventually I came to realize that no hero ever will, by design. Of course, I don’t swim with whales either, which I’m sure would make a difference; although, we do have a few in our alliance.

As for alliances, I’m the only FTP player in mine and still hold my own quite well — usually finish in the top 3 in war. Not a brag or anything, just saying I’m sure you’d do well even in an alliance with heavy spenders. Yeah, it’s tough when everyone is landing the latest and greatest heroes, but I don’t sweat it too much. Kinda dig the challenge of doing more with less. :grinning:

1 Like

Im finding kvasir costume and franz extremely useful in the musketeers event, any status blocker works for the counter attack (where id like sabina costume), but time it eight if using gunner costume or Wilbur cuz theyll block the shared damage and thr dragon tiles and diamonds dispell it as well… a bit more care needed but not to bad so far anyways

Well, our group is fairly quiet with just a few spenders. You could always join us. We’re dealing with 8-10* titans and always get enough titans for PoV. We’re not that competitive, but always open up the alliance quests. We’re Death Punch Brigade if you are interested.

2 Likes

Thanks @sleepyhead. We also have @Igmuhota , @Axiom4 , and @ValiantFrog2202. We aren’t competitive, are open (I think 28/30 currently) and fight 9-11* titans. We’re getting better at titans, but it all depends on color, respawn timing, real life busyness, etc. You’re more than welcome to pop in @Fledger if you’d like. We’re called WhatTheWhat.

@Andrewbook I saw your earlier post for an alliance. Same invitation to you. We have epic open and I expect we will open legendary at some point. In CoK legendary takes about 1.5 days to open.

Anyway, REALLY strong reactions to this event. I don’t get all the hate. There are parts I don’t like, but there is some REAL vitriol about this from people who are cool with CoK. :man_shrugging:

The first few stages were pretty hard TBH, I almost lost stage 3 rare. I kept tinkering and found the right team. Once I did that I found the event easier than CoK. To me this plays a lot like Sand Empire. Be patient, make your genie lamps or hourglasses. Save them for the boss and selectively unload. It is tile dependent for sure. I beat 1-9, but needed 4 or 5 tries to be 10 due to not having the boards.

I also found I am using way less mats on this than CoK. Here you can be patient and work what you need to. Riposte is NOT fire traps. CoK you need to hustle because you’ll otherwise burn alive or burn mats in antidotes (which you already will use enough of) to stay alive.

I think the big gripe is this set up doesn’t let you use traditional event teams that blow thru in less than a minute and your concern is shaving seconds on retries. You need to play different to compensate for riposte and it seems don’t want to think of something new or be challenged. They want to do the same thing but complain the game is boring. :man_shrugging:

Please don’t personalize that anyone, I am speaking in a broad context of 100’s of 1000’s of players.

Rare is done and here was the team;

I am on stage 4 of epic. I got a color chest so want to fill that first. This team is doing great so far. Steropes is a STUD so far for me. Same in raids:

There are a few parts I really hate though:

• Only a single summon if you go through everything. Also a gripe with CoK.

• No 3’s in the portal

• A single 4* in the portal

Given the few 3 and 4* options and only having a single pull, I am saving these coins for CoK until they are sweeten the pot OR I get Bertulf and Franz from CoK.

Good luck out there. I would caution patience on the event. Let the board come. Save your shields and gems and pick away. That’s atleast working for me so far.

:beers:

7 Likes

Thanks. I actually went looking for your alliance name last night but couldn’t find it in any of our earlier conversations, so I found an alliance in the recruitment thread (Na Fianna Nua). I couldn’t remember if you had to join before the event started! Seems like a good alliance so far-the biggest drag is I can never remember the name!

Maybe this is it. I hate trying to shave seconds, so I enjoy this!

Here’s the team I used through Epic.

Mist is a beast blocking the riposte and slowing the absurd fast mana speed. Waddles catches anyone still making it through Mists speed trap. Double healers with Melendor dispelling with the special and superior talent and Mielikki to speed up, attack down and beef up your team. I had to replay the final level once because I didn’t get any tiles on the first wave, but otherwise no problems.

3 Likes

I really really hate it!
I never had a real issue with CoK and i finished all towers at least once.

What I really hate is the combination of punishing usage of mats and specials, combined with the need to dispell. Sometimes unwanted cascades take away your prepared special tiles. And on
top the bosses hit very hard, every special hit is nearly a dead hero.
Maybe there is not much difference burning ten flasks to get a good time in traditional challenge events, but there I get 15 coins and 450 emblems for completion and another 20 coins from chests ( more or less). I can do 3-4 summons every challenge event and get at least 3 ETTs and an EHT for additional loot or more. If it was not for my alliance to unlock legendary for those willing to compete, I would not play a single stage. Correct that, I would do the necessary stages for PoV…
Happy gaming

3 Likes

I think in general difficulty levels are not that tough = battle items also ease that

but I would love to hear your thoughts after playing like the last 10 levels of Styx Tower. Overheal is pretty much necessary, and resurrection or some kind of reflect, as some of the bosses hit for more health than most heroes can reach even at max overheal lol

1 Like

this right here! if I were playing to compete, I would loathe it. I just wanted to complete the darned thing, so I was more relaxed!

3 Likes

That’s surprising because the big perk for me is item usage is done. I can mess with a board while they have riposte up and nothing happens. I can’t mess with a board while I am on fire because I am taking damage.

Don’t get me wrong, the event isn’t great. To me though their difference between this and CoK is negligible so it seems strange to see one event tolerated or liked and the other so hated.

The blue aether quest is up. Given I do not keep dupes and how slowly FTP acquire new heroes, I am to a point where all critical, or at least obvious, heroes are LB’d. The aethers do no good in storage forever though, so I guess I need to decide which niche-type hero would garner the most benefit or be used more by LB’ing.

:beers:

1 Like

I should know the answer to this, but I don’t. Does Rhys’ attack buff stack with Ranvir’s, or does it get overwritten? My Rhys is now more powerful than my Ranvir 3^70, and I want to swap him in on my titan team if it makes sense to do so.

Genuinely glad to hear this. It’s a great feeling to get a new hero in fighting shape and go “Wow!”

2 Likes

This might be the funniest “our bad” post I’ve ever seen from SGG:

I’m actually glad now that I haven’t even started this quest. I had too much demanding WE yesterday. I almost started late last night, but then the aether quest popped. Might actually get to it tonight. Between the initial difficulty of this quest, the “balance update”, and now this, the forums are gonna explode!

7 Likes

Maybe I’ll try to get there the next time around. For the epic bosses here I found that attack down (Mielikki) plus defense up (cMel) with mana slow (Mist) and mindless attack (duck) with Guli’s overheal were sufficient to neutralize the crazy high attacks. My five stars are not nearly as deep, so we’ll see how that goes once (if?) we get those levels open.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose we get a point bonus for finishing it at the initial toughness…

3 Likes