The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

Here’s a minor piece of good news. Used the S5 summons that I had, and got Azmia. It just means I’m missing Scoratek to complete my 3* and 4* collection of S5 heroes. I guess since they’ve reduced the amount of 4* it’s not that big a deal any more.

I kind of wish there was a scorecard somewhere to keep track of what’s missing.

7 Likes

I struggle to keep from being negative. Not 60 pulls for me, way less, but now I’m gems broke and 3 to 4 months out on another 10x summons.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think I need a little enforced play time reduction for now, but you are definitely at the top of my list.

Yeah-war is kind of a funny word for 1-on-1! The other guy never showed so I won by 9000 points :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmmm… Now you are making me overthink this even more :slight_smile:

Ugh. The CF2 pool is small - very true. I got the idea to take a big shot at this portal earlier in this thread - take one big shot and then probably don’t bother with it in the future. (I see @Noble_Weasel in the CF2 thread made 40ish pulls, so I assume that is where I got the idea!)

But a wider variety is really good too.

Oh well, I have a few days to figure this out!

4 Likes

Well, good luck with whichever you do!

:beers:

3 Likes

I can give you a lot of input on war in a solo alliance. There is a very efficient trick to win every war, being in a solo alliance, and still not to get your Alliance score up at all. Simply get matched into numerous Alliances for one and the same war (get matched, immediately get out and in another dead alliance, rinse, repeat, matchmaking lasts exactly four hours, you can get matched in numerous alliances), afterwards check your opponent in each alliance, pick the weakest one. That way you are guaranteed to get a 3* aether from a winning war loot, but at the same time you get no Warchest progression since you lose it every time you get matched in 2x or more alliances for one and the same war.

Otherwise, if you prefer to war in a more “fair” manner, so to speak, you are soon to encounter a soloing whale who will wreck you with sheer number of A+ grade maxed limit broken 5* and you will not be able to do much about it. But at least you will get warchests…

3 Likes

Does this actually work? I thought they changed it so the win loss record follows the player so this should technically not work.

1 Like

There is another trick to that, and it’s a bit more complicated. Let’s say for example that you are matched in 10 alliances. In 1 you will win your war. In the rest you will not be able to participate at all (your defense team will be labelled Ex-Member) thus you will either: A) get a Draw score (but no loot at all); B) get a loss (again, no loot) ; C) Get a Win By Default, determined by the fact that your opponent either put up a illegal defense team or they simply deleted their alliance prior to the beginning of the war (in this case you will get full 6 ticks for the Path of Valor + a losing war loot which sometimes contains neat things like loot tickets, ETTs or 3* ascension mats).

After the war ends, you can travel all alliances you were matched in for the current war, and it’s actually the last visited alliance that determines what Alliance score you will get from the current war. If the last alliance visited was Draw, you will get 0 points for your Alliance score. If it was a Loss, you will get -75 for your Alliance score. That way you can win every war and still get your Alliance score gradually decreased by 75 points each war. I did that for a year, so I know it works.

I used to maintain a spreadsheet, stopped it around when they released the Magic heroes and the second batch of challenge events - just too many to keep track of

4 Likes

What about the christmas seasonal?

The summons are cheaper (300 gems ) compared to BF (350 gems). The probability for s 5* is higher than in CF2, the downside are S1 heroes. If you are keen on any new heroes in any rarity BF and CF2 are your portals. If you are looking for 5* go Christmas event.
Cheaper summons means fated summons comes earlier for you!
Use your EHTs first, if you get something nice with them, wait for next CF2, its every quarter. No need to hurry.

Happy gaming

5 Likes

I rely on the 5* and 4* database threads. They usually get updates pretty quickly. It breaks them down by rarity and family/event/season. Pseudo-checklist like. Super useful threads.

:beers:

3 Likes

The question is, when did you do this? Before or after they changed the way they did the war score. Because what you are suggesting is similar to the idea that you can start a new alliance and reset the war score so you had people going from one alliance once they fill their chest to another “dead” one that had a reduced war score. This was addressed by making the war score completely tied to the player and not the alliance. So the alliance war score was just made up of the individual war scores instead of individual war score + alliance war history.

2 Likes

@Saros @Quinn3

Is there an easy way to find dead alliances? I actually spent 50 gems and started my own because I couldn’t find dead ones. I assume if I leave it will disappear (?)
Hoping around multiple times each war is more work than I want to do, but I would like to be able to jump out of my solo alliance and come back!

2 Likes

Create an alternate account. Bring him to playerlevel 3 or 4. that is the minimum one for entering alliances. Join your soli alliance, make this account the leader, and change to invitation only.
Now you have a gatekeeper, admitting you to your solo alliance after you left…

Happy gaming

8 Likes

That makes sense-do I need to use a different device to make an alt?

3 Likes

As far as I recall you can have multiple account on the same device if you sign out, and sing in to another google account on Android.

4 Likes

I made another Apple ID, and logged in with that. It seems to be working-hopefully I don’t mess up something with my main account!

3 Likes

Pick any word of your choice, type your word into Alliance search in game. Look for the alliances with “open” recruitment and fairly low alliance scores. Go thru the roster to make sure it’s dead. Make a list of “your” dead alliances, titan hunting 101.

Could be used for other purposes too, I suppose as per @Saros

It really is a personal preference to go solo or be in an alliance that fits you. I’ve always felt that daily titan rewards from an “active” alliance generate the best loot over time.

3 Likes

Thanks @Gimliv - there is definitely no need for me to hurry! :slight_smile: I am trying to build my roster depth in 4 stars (or 5 stars if they come of course!), so that is why I am thinking of BF and CF2. The wide variety in BF is appealing to me for that very reason. It is nicer though that CF2 is also cheaper.

Also, I thought though that BF and CF2 have higher odds (2.5%) for a non-S1 5 star - not including any bonus draws. I thought the seasonal portals have lower odds than this, but I could be completely wrong!

I realize now that roster space may not be as much of an issue for me as I thought. I have been holding on to a few unleveled S1 4 star duplicates (Rigard, Boldtusk, etc.) - they will always come back from TC20 eventually. I also have a few unleveled S1 3 stars that I may never level (even with costumes) - even if I change my mind they will come back too.

2 Likes

Its easier with a different device. You can use an Android emulator e.g. Bluestack on a PC, or use an old phone without sim card.

If you like, you can send the alternativ an invite and bring it to lvl. 10. You will get a free VIP pass for ten days plus 100 gems, equals 400 gems.
Happy gaming

3 Likes