The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 2)

The banner is still up too for the free gems. I am scared to click it though in case it worked and I got a 20k gem penalty for cheating. I would never make that volume up. I would problem another Vlad. Get booted from the game for summing Vlad :laughing:

:beers:

3 Likes

So I’m trying a solo alliance. The first war looks like it will be a squeaker :joy::joy:

Anyone here tried a solo alliance?

11 Likes

Congratulations @Gartenerbsen !

@Muchacho this banner just navigate away to the new E&P Store.
It will not claim anything if you just hit that.

@Andrewbook perfect performance, congratulations !

4 Likes

I’ve warred solo a number of times when I was in my will I quit this game stages. It’s fun, normally always close (except when you get a walk over as opp doesn’t use any flags) I had a few times in it and a couple of single point losses due to rounding on cleans.

There’s a nice challenge trying to beat the same team 6 times without always having the same counters available. For example a minion heavy time set up you normally might just fight once in your 6 hits and can load up counters on, now need to spread them out.

4 Likes

Promising start @Andrewbook !!

And nice heroes @Gartenerbsen !!

3 Likes

Dont worry, you will not get the gift twice. After entering the shop you have to connect with the game. It shows your your ingame name snd the actual amount of gems, and if you already claimed the gift, the button to redeem it is gone.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

I joined a dead alliance once during an extended family vacation. Warred only one time, I think that I lost the war.

Once our vacation was over, I rejoined my regular, overly chatty alliance. I’m not overly chatty, I really enjoy seeing the personalities of my alliance mates thru chat.

4 Likes

Thanks @Kilted and @JackSprat. I probably won’t stay here for too long, but I’ve always been curious. I wonder if I’m going to regret not being in a better alliance with Monster Island coming.

3 Likes

Like I said @Andrewbook , we’re an open alliance. You’re more than welcome to pop in just for Monster Island, CoK, Mythic, and leave again as long as there is room. No big.

I hope you win your war, although it is kind of a duel.

3 Likes

Seeing all of the BF summons is definitely tempting… But I am still sticking with my plan to go for CF2 since - for me - I have such a high probability of good 3 and 4 stars there. I am also almost out of good projects to work on in most colors.

The free 350 gems actually gives me a bit of a choice to make. I now have over 5600 gems, and so I could do two 10 pulls plus probably 7 coin pulls. Before the free gems, I would not have had enough gems for the second 10 pull and additional roster space - I was just going to do the 17ish pulls.

I am still working my way through all of the regular season stages (I have only finished S1), and so I have a lot of pulls left there. I wonder if I should just throw everything at CF2 and then not think about gem summons for a long time while I slowly work my way through the seasons. Or I could save 2600 gems for something else later. But CF2 seems to be the best for me (over CF1 or anything else), and who knows when it will come back again…

I also have 14 EHTs saved for the winter seasonal portal, which opens soon.

I am way overthinking as usual! :slight_smile:

Any thoughts?

4 Likes

I have 19 for that one, but it should go up to at least 22 after the CF2 ends :slight_smile:

+ 2 from the Christmas event, I hope I will able to pull something new :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your loot depends on difficulty and performance during Monster Island. The difficulty depends on your alliances titan performance. So a low tier alliance gives you poor loot despite your own good performance. Its a smart thing to change to a better alliance for that event.

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Well, someone in my alliance did 60 straight pulls and got no 5*. He did another 20 and then got dup Capt Kestrel and 2 HoTMs. Maybe he got some good 3 or 4 star heroes, but one needs to manage expectations against all these amazing pulls.

4 Likes

Very true - the BF thread definitely has some examples of big pulls that did not yield anything great at all. I looked in the CF2 thread, and it is the same story. Even with 17 - or 27 - pulls in CF2, I am not expecting a 5 star. I am planning on getting almost all or all of the 3s I am missing, plus a decent number of new 4s (since I only have 1 out of the 10 four stars in that portal).

There is a 29% chance of a 4 star or better in CF2. Even with 17 pulls, there is a reasonable chance I end up with only 3 new 4s. I think 2 new 4s is hopefully unlikely - but possible.

And my youngest kid who does all of my summons wants me to go for it and do the 27 pulls instead of 17 - of course! :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, there is nothing wrong with your plan to use them all on CF2. Since you’re asking though, I would let you know what I would do. Again, not to say your plan is flawed in any way.

First, smart to not bother to summon in CF1. The big draws there are Guardian Falcon and Guardian Jackal. There are some other nice to have heroes, but they can wait until HA 8 when they are an inevitability versus a summon chance.

I would split my summons 17 in CF2 and 10 in BF. You mention getting season coins for summons, those are nice, but once you beat the season any heroes you miss become hugely difficult to acquire. Using those free coins guarantees nothing. I have managed all the 3’s from S2 (Muggy finally came in Summer Solstice), but am still missing S3 3’s. I am missing 4’s in S2 and S3. BF and SS are prime opportunities to have a chance at those. If you get them early they can help you in those seasons too.

CF2 is a very small hero pool. 17 summons is a lot if you’re not targeting 5’s. You will get a good mix of 3’s, 4’s, and likely dupes due to the low hero volume. First CF2 I had 6 pulls. I started with zero heroes from the pool. I got 2 dupes.

That’s how I would split it. Now if you want a better chance at ANY CF2 5* (not a specific one) then use all 27. It increases your chances. Otherwise if 3’s and 4’s are your goal I would split,

Good luck either way. If it works out I will take credit no matter what :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I have to admit that I am tempted to summon in the BF portal when I follow the results. But on the other hand: I still have so many unlevelled heroes in the grid (ok, not all of them are “level-worthy”, some are just collector’s items) that it would be nonsensical to summon more. The ones I have will keep me busy for quite a while. But still … sigh

4 Likes

Thanks @Muchacho - hmmm… A very good idea. For whatever reason, I have been focused on CF2 versus BF and I didn’t really consider going for both! Unfortunately, I don’t think I can make it work. A 10 pull in each portal would not leave me any gems for roster space increases. If I make a guess as to how many new heroes I would get over both 10 pulls - plus any other seasonal heroes from EHTs - I will be out of roster space… At least, I hope I will be out of roster space :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s easier to get gems and roster space than good opportunities for new heroes. I would elect to summon like made and get good heroes for a short term loss of leveling versus delaying that opportunity to not miss leveling for a week or two.

I have that now myself until I hit 150.

You’ll feel smarter down the road after you wait out and get space and then have all those heroes you don’t have to worry about getting later .

6 Likes

They don’t expire. It’s better to have them and wait to get to them than to wait to have the mats and then try for them. They’ll be there in your roster when you’re ready.

3 Likes

That’s certainly true. Alas, my summoning luck is very comparable to yours :laughing:

3 Likes