The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Bertulf is a hero. Been using him a lot since I got him. Just need to limit break and emblem him.

This got me looking at Wu Kong and seeing what a mess I made of his talent grid. Clearly had no idea what I was doing at the time.

1 Like

I am working through Epic. The Juno to Epic was a lot harder than anticipated. I have since found a team that is sort of working. I am only up to level 4 or 5 though. You can tell it is difficult as this is the first event I have HAD to bring two healers along, ever.

My alliance opened legendary. I am on fence of doing it once I finish epic. I kind of want my free pull, but am thinking of all the resources in battle items it’ll cost for my next Carver or something.

I may end up doing for the challenge and to say I did. Next time this event rolls around I may skip it once legendary is unlocked for others. I told all alliance members don’t feel pressured if you’re struggling. Loot is junk and battle items are best used elsewhere. That was a relief to some I am sure.

:beers:

3 Likes

I’ve said the same to my alliance - the event is harder this time, so no pressure at all

Our alliance is stuck with 200k to go. Doesn’t feel like there is a lot of appetite from people to get through the last bit to unlock legendary.

Most people are running through once and that’s It. No re runs for higher scores.

There just isn’t the reward for completing it. At the moment I am In bottom tier for both individual and alliance ranking.

Be lucky to get 2-3 aethers from this.

Of course when a few of the Americans get on later they may have another go and push us over the line. But I can see me getting to high up the individual ranking

did you used the same time and weapons for the last stage of legendary? how did you manage the ailments and buffs without dispellers and cleansers?

I finished the fight in 4 turns.

Starting board - awful, barely has reds in sight.

Turn 1: Activate Tornado, use 5 medium mana potions on everyone to charge them fully kill wave 1 with specials. Have to wait a turn for them to burn (too much hp) however they do burn away. No combos clear the board.

Turn 2: Activate 2 Tornadoes, use 4 small mana potions to charge everyone except Boldtusk, kill wave 2. Finally find a couple 3- red matches during the tornado effects.

Turn 3: Enter the boss wave, use remaining 2 Tornadoes + 2 small mana to charge Wilbur and Falcon, fire at the bosses, make a red match (turn 4) thus charging cColen, fire Boldtusk, fire cColen, use 5 Super mana to fire him 5 more times, finish bosses with last red match (actually turn 5 however they are already dead).

It was something like that. I ended the fight with no items whatsoever so lost track of 4 small mana potions. Could’ve charged cColen for an additional hit. Can’t remember.

1 Like

Awesome, the power of limit broken full emblemed heroes, congrats!
I need to work on the last stage on legendary, they just hit too hard. If they only do not have the red mob on that stage, it will make it more manageable

1 Like

If only I had Khagan on Legendary it would be much easier. He hits way harder than cColen. Plus the mana generation he adds to himself + nearby make them easier to charge with potions and tornadoes.

lol I just tried that, boldtusk, wilbur, G flacon, khagan and scarlett, non of the high emblem as yours also I brought antidote, just in case (used one), tornado(used 3), super mana and mana potion and the battle was done in 5 moves a little over 1 min, lol a good score too.

1 Like

I was doing alright with this team until the final stage. Since I can’t use my ax battle items in the final stage, I’m stuck. I may have to rethink my lineup.

I think part of my problem is my troops. I haven’t levelled my 2* troops at all, since I’ve been focusing on the 3* ones. And honestly I’ve been feeding a lot of my 2* troops away to the 3s, which leaves me with not much to work with for rare events. Live and learn, I guess!

How are your emblems? For reference my troops are only level 5-8 , I don’t think the difference is that much. But my emblems are all +15

Though others have done with unemblemed 3* - do you have mana controllers like Pixie or C-Renfed?

A better thing would be to bring second cColen to the fight instead of Scarlett since his special hits way harder, that would be additional three hits with specials on mobs and bosses instead of the much weaker Blade Barrage of Scarlett. Also you could consider two Khagans at position 2 and 4, which will spred their mana blessing on the entire team for much easier mana potion/tornado charging. It’s just that I only have one heavy hitter such as cColen, second one doesn’t even have emblems, much less LB.

C-Bane, C-Azar, Brienne, and Carver are all at +20 on emblems. C-Friar Tuck is only at 7, but I don’t have any more monk emblems to give him. I do have a couple others who have a far amount of emblems that I could try instead (Jahangir and Ulmer are +20, Arman and Prisca are +14, Muggy is +13), but a lot of them are slow, so I’m not sure how they’ll fair. I do have C-Renfeld, but I’m working on levelling his costume now so I’m not sure if he’ll be done by the time this event ends.

1 Like

the team looks solid as is, but maybe drop C-Bane for Ulmer? the combo of attack up and defense down might be what is needed to clear the bosses faster. and would def keep C-Tuck in!

Thanks! I actually just tried with Ulmer and Karil instead of Carver and Brienne, and that did the trick!

3 Likes

awesome!! congrats on finishing it :slight_smile: guess the added power made the difference!

1 Like

Thanks, yeah Ulmer’s defense down definitely helped, plus having a couple blue heroes on my team helped me get those stubborn red counter-attack guys out of the way quicker. Those guys were killin’ me!

1 Like

If you went in without dispellers, the Riposte Brogan clones (the red mob enemies) could be a pain because you want to go strong color against them to get rid of them fast, but if you their Riposte is active, your strong color against them Blue may cause quite a bit of damage to your blue heroes too. The Rare 3* heroes did not have much meat on them to take too much of these damages. Although not necessarily optimal, I finished Rare and Epic without taking any blue heroes with me, their Riposte just charge way too fast for constantly having a dispeller ready in Rare, so I let other colors do the work instead, even the weak color against ones (e.g. Ishhtak-C in Rare, and in Epic, I had Mel-C to act as the dispeller).

Finally collected enough coins for my first summon in this portal - Balthazar. Whee, food!!!

Epic stage 8 onwards were very tough, slash attacks could kill a hero easily. Made it first time thanks to Proteus / C-Rigard / Tiburtus / Ametrine / Gafar

Was using Treevil up until Epic 7, then stopped as he was very much at risk from the slash attacks

2 Likes

The alliance challenge was pretty tough, but I went primarily with mana controllers which meant the initial mob was the most difficult while I didn’t have my heroes charged. Epic, I ran cSabina, Proteus, Hansel, Chao, cSonya. Legendary was a little easier by swapping in Onatel for Chao, and Zimkitha for cSonya, with Athena instead of Hansel.

3 Likes