The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

thanks @Gartenerbsen :slight_smile: hope you get more good luck too!

@Tess_01 I can feel the… I don’t know the word. maybe disenchantment? I have to say, more and more this year too, I can imagine the day when I stop playing…

2 Likes

I was wondering what dragged me back into the Realty Bites where you got your 5* thread… Which by the way, I could now say I have not 28 but 29 5* for getting Chuck in August 2021 Costume Masquerade. Life is grand, for sure.

But I think I will post my thoughts here rather than to derail that thread. I see it was my identical to @SamMe desire for Bauchan, a 3* challenge event hero and is now even harder to get because

1. $GG talking head: No 3* and 4* non S1 shall ever come out in Hero Academy, ever, because Nobody wants 3* and 4* and only care about 5* and…
    crescendo to a twirl and acapella
    Game Economy Tra la la la!!!

2. Avalon has already been reduced to at most one appearance a year to make way for more events.

3. $GG has put the shaft on older challenge events - The shaft being they could alter the order of events any time they see fit, as seen as Villains replaced Pirates, Circus replaced Wonderland, and Slayers coming back just after one month since appearing to possibly supplant some other older event that probably should’ve made a return (Avalon/Teltoc/Grimforest) by now (because “Oh, nobody likes those old events, they want new bling bling things” and it is about the game economy").

But they realized the backlash they have already garnered with some of their recent decisions, so in a quasi sort of attempt to get the opposing outspoken player base on their side, they decided to have the community vote for their money grabbing gacha to be used in November. :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

So even if we do try to save up and pull hard for Bauchan, we won’t even get that many chances to try. And Pirates, sure I would still like to get a copy of Peters or Vodnik, but if the event in which they appear are squashed, how can I?

Seasonal summons, on the other hand and with the similar abysmal odds have actually been more kind to me overall than Challenge Events ever did.

Compare the Challenge Events heroes vs. the Seasonal that I have:

Challenge: Shrubbear, Pixie, Jackal, Lancelot, and Merlin
Seasonal: Chick Jr. Squire Wabbit, Killhare, Arman, Hisan, Jabbar, Gafar, Jack, Vlad, Frosty, Buddy, and Carol

The overall qualities are not even close. I will be trying to shore up some more heroes in Morlovia, maybe see if I can get the 4* duo, Valeria, just like Lady Woolerton, have been evading me since release (except longer). Not even sure the decision to costume up Frank but leave Valeria alone (might as well give her a costume too, I mean, it’s not like they can’t work her into the mob boss theme like they did with others).

2 Likes

This made me snort coffee out my nose. Thx for the laugh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Challenge:
5* Finley, Karnov, Guardian Owl
4* Gretel, Guardian Falcon, Merlin, Sir Lancelot, Peters, Capt of Diamonds, Cheshire Cat
3* Pixie, Guardian Bat, Bauchan, Shrubbear

Seasonal
5* Vanda
4* Buddy, Carol, Lady Wool, Frank, Valeria
3* Rudolph, Chick Jr, Arman, Hisan, Jack, Vlad

Never leveled: Owl, Carol, Hisan, Vlad
Leveled but (almost) never used: Valeria, Arman, Peters, Frank
Once used regularly but no longer: Sir Lance, Merlin, Cheshire Cat

2 Likes

SG said that the November challenge event “will be chosen by the community”, so perhaps Teltoc could return next month.

I think it will be interesting which event is chosen.

1 Like

My maxed, unfortunately not yet emblemed because he is sitting behind a bunch of other Wizards Merlin, is surprisingly resilient and helpful in the Tower of Ma$ic than I thought. Even though he was squishy, but once the other blessings kicked in and he got in the groove, the Mindless Attack helped those high attacking powered bosses helped themselves out the door.

Unfortunately, that will be the only interesting thing to come out of that. And if it turns out to be one of the newer events, I will say the votes are tempered.

1 Like

I loved Merlin a lot when I first got him, but unfortunately he was quickly overshadowed by Proteus, and then 2nd Proteus, and now I also have Hel. I just never get deep enough in my roster to get to Merlin, and I prefer the “hit 3/doesn’t gain mana” mechanic.

I only played 25 levels of Ma$ic and wasn’t trying to go any further. I could only stand to do that many by using my “good” heroes almost from the beginning. Trying to save them for harder levels made the lower levels unbearably slow. :woman_shrugging:

Also I should mention Peters - I know a lot of people like him. But not too long after I finally got him I got Tettukh who has higher attack, same dmg percent and DOT along with Silence. So I emblemed Tettukh but not Peters.

These are both good examples of how the game keeps giving me “more of the same”, even if not duplicate hero I get the ones that overlap in capabilities.

1 Like

No such luck. Just Prisca. :frowning:

On to Halloween pulls Monday. Plan to go ahead and pull with my 38 EHTs until (if) Russell shows up, and save the rest (including those from the event) until November 1 to try and get Balbar. Hopefully, a good haul of vampires, too.

3 Likes

sounds like a good plan! may RNG be good to you this Halloween!

1 Like

Hey all

Hey all. I currently have 9 tonics. Do you think I should ascend Elradir now (I think his element link puts him above Kadilen, Elkanen and Horghall, all at 3/70), or wait a bit (planning to pull heavily in Christmas with currently 34 EHT - hoping for Mama North - probably not pull in Halloween as I already have Francine).

I think wait, as I don’t have a strong need for Elradir / most of my top Greens are fast or functionally fast (Gregorion charges in 9 tiles, Margaret, Francine, Lianna, Hansel, C-Melendor, Caedmon, C-Kash). The only slowies I have are Anton and his resurrection, LJ, Skittles who will most likely see use in 4* formats where Elradir isn’t allowed anyway…

I didn’t like Elradir before, I like him even less now when his elemental link gives 40% less mana (after the current nerf). Before the nerf being announced, I would consider only the fast mana link heroes to ascend (Frosth, Yang Mai) because they actually fire before your other heroes and thus indeed let them charge faster. Elradir and Malicna are meh, despite there being videos of a player wreaking havoc with 3 Elradirs only versus specific teams. Devana is still good because of her other abilities.

2 Likes

Thanks @Saros , I didn’t realise the nerf was so bad. Yeah, for me Yang Mai works wel because she’s fast, and I have many slow Reds who benefit… I don’t think Elradir will add as much to my bench.

1 Like

Agree with @Saros . Elrandir seems a bit niche, and the nerf to that family’s elemental link blows. First, they nerf my Vela, and now they are coming for Yang Mai, who I chased, in part, to speed up my slow reds. :rage: If you think there’s a chance of getting Ma North, I’d hold off.

1 Like

Thanks @Noble_Weasel , seems wise. Intrapt wonder why the nerf to this element link. It’s useful but doesn’t seem overpowering…

1 Like

Regarding the ‘small amount of mana’ elemental link: i use both Malicna and Yang Mai every single day in raids, and i haven’t noticed any actual change to the amount of mana generated by the elemental link. it seems to me like they just changed the wording - for ‘consistency’ - although no one i think has figured out exactly what a ‘small’ amount of mana really is, exactly, as far as i know. but my Misandra will still charge my Krampus with just one hit (and mana bonuses) - and she’s always been ‘small amount of mana’ - and all my average reds charge a couple of turns after YM, and my average purples become functionally fast mana (charge in 9 tiles), even after the change.

i’ll try to do some testing around this in the next few days to confirm that. at any rate, even if they did change something, it certainly hasn’t caused me any problem using them in raids or PvE.

Pretty sure the change is proposed for V42. Not live yet.

2 Likes

ah got it. thanks. i had read it somewhere on the forum, didn’t realize it was not in the game yet. i guess we’ll see what happens with that. if it doesn’t generate at least a tiles worth of charge in 3 rounds, that would be rather disappointing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Early tests in beta suggest a .3 tile gain per turn, down from .5.

After 27 of in-out-back-in retrains (not straight because there were times where the chain was broken because I fed the only chips I had instead of sending them straight back in) out of the HA10, Quintus from last week turned into Joon (C) today. My first positive result from HA10 since beginning on St. Patrick’s Day.

Not who I really wanted (you all know who that is), but still a new 5* costume and a 5* “hero” that wouldn’t take up a roster space.

No, you are not going to see me calling HA10 a success story, far from it, it is just way too inconsistent.

4 Likes

Anyone wanna make arguments for me not to feed away the following fully leveled heroes:

Bane: I already have one with emblems and costume, a limit broken Poppy, Costume dawa with emblems, Melia with emblems

Gan Ju: see above

Friar Tuck with costume: Grevle is my go to green healer. If I needed a second, I could use Belith with costume. I don’t use her ever, so why keep Friar Tuck?

Jack: at this point it’s been a year and I haven’t used him. He’s not getting a costume.

Muggy: he does have a unique skill which is the only reason I’d consider it, but I’ve gone through plenty of tournaments without using him. I can’t see when I would by now.

I have 24 three star heroes with 18+ emblems so I’m not exactly short short of use cases.

I am not really use any of these either…

Just most collecting nature keeps them alive in my rooster :slight_smile:

2 Likes