The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

It sounds like you had completed your project in dark. Congrats again on your Seshat @Muchacho !! :partying_face::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

Muchacho shared the great news here: Muchacho’s Seshat from HA10

2 Likes

It takes one year. … to save gems for a 30 pull. You can keep spending them and then say it’s not possible. You will get like 12,000 gems if you are very active free2play in about a year.

Yes, it counts. A reset for the same hero is still a reset.

I considered resetting my partially emblemed Sartana when I got her costume. However, it turned out I was missing just a few nodes on attack so I didn’t bother. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have reset Guinevere, to share out the emblems between Hel and Isarnia, and I don’t regret it at all. I stripped Sartana too, but if I did not have Hel, Clarissa and Kage for purple hit, I wouldn’t have done so, Sartana is not bad.

1 Like

+1. Fantastic pull, @Muchacho . Glad HA 10 is being kind to someone, especially someone from the FTP Rebellion.

3 Likes

whooo awesome news @Muchacho , happy that you getting Seshat means you will play a bit longer :wink:

Seshat is great, both offense and defense. Those replicating minions of hers can be nasty, and mine has tanked hits she had no business tanking because those minions absorbed the damage. With fast speed, she will fire often… tip, get those minions going ASAP so she protects herself. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Congrats on Seshat, @Muchacho! Such good good results from HA10 here gives me hope that when i do finally get around to running it, maybe something good will come of it. who knows how long that will be though. years? hard to say. :laughing:

4 Likes

I feel you, it takes forever… I still need one level up on my good storages to have enough research capacity… and research will take a couple weeks … I’m inching so slowly to the finish line lol

1 Like

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Seshat was an unexpected surprise. I had my whole 5* sequence plan mapped out. That now threw a monkey wrench into those plans, but a welcome surprise nonetheless. I am going throw my purples out there for advice later. I am mostly still deciding if I do a color at a time or throw my whole roster out on the forum for dissection. :man_shrugging:

I just needed to whine about SE one last time to get it out. I will then forever hold my peace. As of about 3 minutes ago I beat all stages of SE (I am aware I go slow). Between EHT’s, gems, trading my soul, or any other means of barter I could muster, aside from real money of course, I managed around 28-30 summons. While I understand SE are not the best heroes and it is somewhat superficial to just want to check off having a seasonal 5, I really was hoping for something.

All those summons are easily twice as many than I have EVER done in a single portal, my biggest effort by far. I landed a single Hisan, that’s it. No HotM. What’s worse, and would have made me furious if I saved for a year for a 30 pull and got this, is I managed 3 vanillas 4’s. That means I got 24-26 vanilla 3’s out of all those summons. Maybe those are the odds, like I said I don’t summon this much often, but that just felt terrible in terms of results. Very glad I never started feeding the machine real money. Not that there was ever a big pull to, at least lately, those results on either 30, or nearly 30, pulls were the final nails in the me possibly giving them any money coffin.

Anyways, onward to better (at least less frustrating) things. I am still going back and leveling all my 3’s and then all their costumes. I forgot how fast those level. I haven’t gotten to a costume again yet, but I am maxing like 2.5 3’s a week. Given how long I have been grinding on 5’s this feels like a cake walk. 13 more 3’s to go and then costumes. I think I have around 19 3* costumes to do. After that, it’s onto 5’s as it’s all I will have left unless the S3 portal turns more kind as I can go back to grinding on hard.

Speaking of S3, I will take another crack at the last stage on normal again this weekend :crossed_fingers:

Good luck out there!

:beers:

4 Likes

First, congrats on your Seshat, I really hate her against me in raids and prioritize her amongst my first targets, she’s that good.

Second, for anyone who has forgotten, on-color feeders give 50% bonus xp to a costume (compared to only 20% to a regular hero). They go up that fast.

Third, I usually use TC 19 x 500 for costume level-ups, moreover those 1* are fine for maxing the 3* costumes’ special ability, which is always way too low when you max the costume.

But yeah a decent 3* force is extremely important right now since that is a sure way to gain more aethers in 3* raid tournaments.

Edit: As a side note, I just ascended my two Borils and I am also ready to join you on a Hard mode S3 quest to prevent the Ragnarok…

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just my playstyle, but you sound organised with a 5* sequence plan mapped out. :wink:

Whenever I manage to get a shiny new hero, I usually level them up quickly. With my mats/ham stockpile built up over years, I can level up any hero however I want. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t mind you venting @Muchacho at all! I’d much rather you vent, and hopefully feel a bit afterwards. I think anyone who had the same summoning result as you would feel the same.

I would gift you a Gafar/Jabbar from my roster if I could. Unfortunately, we know it just isn’t possible in this game.

You know I have been hoping for you to get something nice from the Costume Chamber for months now (still the same hero that you asked me to keep secret). :sweat_smile:

RNG can feel very cruel. However, I know it can be very kind. I haven’t given up hoping for you. I think RNG will eventually shine on you on its own schedule. :pray::pray:

Maybe you can get another shiny new 5* or costume from HA10 soon. :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I guess you have to drift with fate, @Muchacho . If fate wants you to have Zimkitha and Seshat, but no costumes, go with it. They are good heroes, sure you can build teams around them.

Early in the game (well, early - after about one year) Dame Fortune gave me Grazul, Black Knight and Mother North. That defined my style. I still tend to build my teams around them, single or paired or even all three (when GTV were king). They shaped up my profile in the game…

I still do on-colour feeding. Even doing that, my ham is stretched thin between Alchemy Lab, HA, levelling/talenting and potion fabrication. Without that 20% gain, it would be even more precarious in my stronghold…

1 Like

I am in province 13 or 14 on hard. It is a slog some times. I had to break out my riposters again. I had used Boril over Cyprian because I had Boril’s costume and not Cyprians. Now that I have both I usually prefer Cyprian.

I think part of the slog feeling is having done normal I know how hard some stages will get.

Yes and no. I only had a few 5’s left and 3’s. Where the organization I guess comes in is I have all vanillas but Khagan and don’t keep dupes. I looked at my mats and could basically level all 5’s in all colors except for blue. I have a chronic scope shortage. I ONLY need 14! currently :no_mouth:…. My organization was basically I can do them all so no need to think. Now one of my purples will be 5 tabbards short so I need to pick the off hero out. It won’t be Seshat.

I know. I think so feel it more then ever before because I have all but 1 vanilla 5. Only new thing for 4’s are costumes, which I have poor luck at. Basically my only hope of new toys are difficult portals. Given my summon frequency, especially going for broke this month, it is likely I literally have nothing to level within a calendar year or so aside from a few may stuck heroes. I always knew it was possible but it seems more dire knowing it’s probable.

Which is too bad because I would gladly let people gift me all the heroes they want to :wink:. You’re very kind @SamMe

:beers:

2 Likes

Hey, folks. Just wanted to share that my HA 10 ship finally came in today:

Sorry, @Shohoku79 , I know this costume is your Holy Grail.

10 Likes

Congrats on your Costume Isa @Noble_Weasel! :partying_face::tada::tada::tada:

1 Like

Thanks, @SamMe . She showed up just in time, too. Now I know not to keep throwing away wizard emblems on three-stars, although I’ll probably finish Grevle. Almost got Russula to the mat cap, and then I can start the costume. Between PoV and the next Frostmarch, I should have the two more scopes I need by the time it’s to 3^70.

1 Like

Awesome! Enjoy your shiny new Isarnia costume!

2 Likes

Oh she sure is… The Queen. But I am not really after her costume form, just the costume stat boost. At least this part of the HA10 drought is off your back.

Come to think of it, you have been feeding HA10 longer than I have so it is about time you got something rewarding. Then again, there are a few fellows in the reporting thread saying they got nothing since Nov of 20, and another saying his main and 2 alts got nothing after months.

Will see whether I can get her from HA10, the next costume chamber with keys or gems once I have enough for another 10X and when she is featured again… Or see if I can get her costume before getting another Ice Aether 3 to break her limit.

Somehow… Some way, some day, come what may.

2 Likes

I have to keep looking at the odds and reminding myself that chance can be a cruel mistress sometimes. 37 weeks with nothing to show is annoying, but not wildly out of the odds. I think someone wrote that 7% or so would be expected to go a whole year without a special hero at 5% odds. Now that costumes have the odds of getting something exciting up to almost 10% (less the three legendary costumes I already have), that puts some downward pressure on the long streaks of nothing, but still leaves you vulnerable to really bad luck from time to time. I have to look at it this way - would I use a free EHT every week if there was always a chance for a special hero? Yep. Then you have to keep feeding the HA 10 machine. Hope your breakthrough comes sooner than mine did.

You know, looking at screenshots of her stats with costume bonus was enough to make me wait a half-beat and consider breaking her myself, but I still don’t see that she’s better than Krampus long-term. With costume, though, she would probably be in line for the next set of blue breakers, ahead of even non-S1s Vela and Raffale. The tile damage alone would be no joke, and she’d be deadly in very fast wars and tournaments. I’m also thinking she will replace Magni in my blue stack. Krampus + C. Kiril + Isarnia would be enough to make anyone have a pretty bad day, if you could get them all charged in time. And the 44% def down would have Thorne salivating over the leftovers. Icecold Finisher, indeed.

Yup, hope so too. I am pretty much still running my TC20 x 3 to get the additional chips needed to keep HA10 running, should one of the results turn into anything I intend on keeping. Having another dupe 5* handy around each time during the week that I am about to collect from HA10 (right now it is Wednesday evenings), means I can immediately drop it in for the next session. But so far, that hasn’t happened, I have had dupe 5* pop out since starting HA10, but I opted to just feed them because the 5% a week is just too low to have any kind of expectation that I will need to keep holding onto a dupe 5* I will immediately find use for. So this week’s dupe Groot marked the 17th unsuccessful session, only 20 more to reach your spot.

With the way I play this game, despite Vela currently being the most powerful hero on my roster in terms of power level (at +20), who will make her the likelier of candidates to get her level broken to be even more powerful, that is just not going to happen.

Because, Isarnia is the Queen, everyone else is just extras.

That being said, with aethers being rewarded for Raid Tourney and Wars (currently), I suppose people are going to pay more attention to how they do in these events. Since I don’t war, and Raid Tourney will become harder to place high in. Unless something changes to the loot drop scheme (like having them drop in MV, Wanted Chests, Mythic Titans, Elemental Chests, Rare Titans, etc.), I guess the next time I come across Ice Aethers would probably be November when it comes back into rotation.

So now it is a race to see if I can get a Isarnia costume first, or one more Ice Aether 3 to break her current level.

Probably pretty mundane thing to work on, but better than chasing heroes and hope they don’t get nerfed or power crept past too soon, IMHO.

1 Like