The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Thanks @Muchacho ! I’m happy with this team, gets the job done (and about half are 4s, showing indeed the points of @Saros and many others that 4s can hang in there alongside the big bad 5*s with proper emblem abs troop support!)

Congrats @sleepyhead ! you are on your way to a 1%, right? Awesome!

I am also happy to see there Domitia. She is another one that I think is often spoken about with a bit too much despise…

3 Likes

Nice job, @sleepyhead .

I myself was 1% this morning with 18-2, using predominantly my monoblue team which includes the 3* allstar Nodrdi…Currently 5% 19-3, three more attacks to go - to be used in tonight raid chest fill, apparently of course defense is not doing great since it’s 4* vs 5*, but at least it never dropped below C ranking.

Still, I believe this shows one can get very good results with 4* s vs 5* s even in tournaments (and I battle 5* s fully emblemed last two days). I still hope to get to 1%, but even so if I stick in 5% I am fine with it.

1 Like

@Gartenerbsen thanks! looks like top1% is likely :slight_smile: day 5 was still kind, ended 24-1 on offense. and yes, Domitia has been handy - dispel + buff to self and flanks + a pretty hard hitting snipe, she helped me kill some pretty dangerous wings before they could fire! I agree, she’s underrated and under-appreciated by many.

@Saros thanks and congrats too! let’s keep the good fight going - showing we can compete even with 4*s

1 Like

Congrats @sleepyhead . Final update on the tourney: It was very hard, with awful starting boards, but thankfully the AI made some serious blunders which left me with a total of 22-3 result. Says 1% for now, but likely going to be pushed back to 5% because defense isn’t doing great.

3 Likes

Final update on the tournament:

Sadly almost nothing useful ATM, probably some of these items will be useful at a later date. Struggling to improve my Red and Blue monoteams with little luck…

And for anyone who is interested in less challenging stuff, Knights of Avalon legendary last stages with a 4* team. I know a lot of you can do it, but there are those who still struggle. Hopefully this will help them get some pointers. BTW emblems sadly are essential:

5 Likes

NICE! Now you are ready to limit break a five-star purple when the quest comes. I’m jealous. Most I’ve gotten is a couple of four-star yellows. I have enough three-star reds to break someone now, but not sure who it will be. Will probably finish Mack first anyway.

1 Like

In theory, yes. In reality, I only have Malicna (who IMO is not worthy of tabards, let alone Aethers) and despite me having absolutely no good current purple projects except a dupe cTiburtus, I have chosen not to play with 5* for until I manage to complete everything with S1 4*. So far completed tasks:

S1(with 3*)
Challenge events Legendary stage (Wonderland, Teltoc, Circus, Grimforest, Avalon)
Ninja Tower
Trials quests (some with 3*)
Rare quests (first time mainly with 3*)
First Omega quest
Stick in Diamond Arena (with a bonus - 1st local ranking)
1% in 5* tournament with 4* team (achieved as of today)
Solo war wins (not documented though, need to make a video)

Tasks yet to be completed:
Remaining challenge events Legendary stages (optional, I know those can be easily completed)
Season 2 Hard Mode (easy enough, but since I am greedy, this will happen on next AR since I hate wasting WE).
Season 3 Hard Mode (challenging)
Mythic Titan 1% (so far only reached 5%, this is optional though).

My main goal is to try to show the community that they don’t need to focus on getting 5* heroes in order to win, nor do they need to curse and cry when they don’t get them from summons/HA/TC20 etc. Same with 4* mats. Once they have solid 4* teams that can do anything, they can look at 5* as a prize rather than a necessity and ascend whatever they have instead of chasing specific heroes.

Current 5* Purple aether means nothing to me. If I had gotten another small purple instead of that big chunk I’d be more happier since I could break a useful purple 3* like Tyrum or even better, save it for later. Small Aethers are much more valuable and sought by me since they will allow me to Limit Break three, with more luck even four 4* of a single color when their respective Aether quests arrive, which will help me much more than a sad single underpowered 5* which is true about most of my 5* except Frosth perhaps.

Math says that you need 28 small Aethers in order to break four 4* heroes (added to the loot of the respective Omega quest), or 48 small and one medium aether to break an entire team. And each costume costs additional 3 small aethers. This is a big requirement put on the small aethers. I am really jelaous of people who received small blue or red aethers in good quantity. Those are the ones I need the most.

Just curious who here has reset a highly emblemed 5*? I think I’ve only reset a Marj +7, no costume.

My Azlar +18’s emblems are on the chopping block! :sweat_smile: Besides very fast wars, I mostly use him on titans. Thanks to Gefjon’s high attack stat (900 at +18), I can easily replace Azlar’s spot there.

1 Like

I reset +18 Quintus for Uraeus. But since I lack sorcerers, I am gradually getting Quitus back up. He is at +10 now. Basically, I wanted a maxed Uraeus ASAP, and was fine with sacrificing some resources and a reset emblem. I still have 18 of them.

2 Likes

I can completely relate to wanting a max emblemed 5* ASAP! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have. When I got Malicna maxed my Elkanen +18 got reset and Malicna shot to +18.

Done others over time but +18 was the highest.

Currently debating resetting my Richard +19 :thinking:

:beers:

2 Likes

The highest reset I’ve done is Rana +7 for Bera. I wasn’t using Rana that much anymore.

She will slowly get emblems again, after yang Mai is +7. Though I may give some emblems to 3* and 4*, I have to think…

1 Like

I really approve of your reset for Malicna. No surprise there. :rofl:

I love the HOTMs’ current element link (small mana gain)!

On that note, I think I have to try again for Devana. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just finished a reset moving between +20 Richard to Frida.

I got Richard from costume chamber and for longest time he was my only blue 5star maxed this week finished my 3rd in Isarnia.

Richard was my tank for longest time into diamond, changed about due to my war def not performing.

Took a few days to manage to do the full changeover due to food costs, which probably would’ve been easier if I was still spending.

1 Like

It is worth the resources situationally. F2P definitely have finite resources so keeping emblems on an existing hero over a newer one that’ll be more used is worth it.

In my case Elkanen was on my mono green team, which was one of my top 2 teams. I loved him actually. I tested and found I could sub Little John +20 w/ MCB and the team dropped from maybe an A+ to an A-/B+. Still a great team. The pay off was my purple went from like a C, one of my worst, to an A-/B+ as well. Slight hit to green for a huge gain to purple.

That being said I do miss Elkanen from time to time. He was great with emblems. Base model is just too inferior. Malicna is done at +18. I just need to see if I max Viv and give them to her or load up Elkanen some more. We’ll see, I have lot of decisions to make for my 5’s long term. Probably going to post something to the main forum about it with all my roster at some point.

True, it was like a 3ish day switch IIRC.

2 Likes

Does it count if I reset only to reapply emblems to the exact same hero? I didn’t like my emblem path on Frida, so prior to taking her form 18 to 20, I reset her and “fixed” her emblem path.

In a way I think F2P have infinite resources. I have more food and iron than I need without trying. Those contribute to my long line of feeders available in training camps and stock of battle items. I’m missing worthwhile heroes and a second builder that require the extra resources.

2 Likes

True in that context, what I had in mind in the statement is we acquire emblems at a slower pace. The alternative is leave existing hero A at +18 because new hero B will be that high in X amount of days. That X number is the difference in resources to which I was referring.

Granted even that varies by each player, but it takes me a LONG time if I am starting with no emblems stored.

1 Like

I think it’s fully understandable to reset a more useless 5* hero for a more useful one when you acquire them.

Heroes like Azlar and Elena for example have very limited application so it’s reasonable to reset them in favour of a much more useful one like a good red sniper.

I did that same thing, but with highly emblemed 4* heroes for reasons well known… (I don’t have ascended 5*)…

Very nice getting Frida! :+1::smile:

+20 on a 5* is the max of resources to reset. :sweat_smile: I think 100% worth it for Frida though.

2 Likes