Surprise return of Magic Tower

Id like to complain about that post.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing to stop them from doing both. There are raids and event in which only 4* (and less) troops can be attached to 5* heroes, so there can be a market for superior 4* troops.

A new type of troop (Iā€™ll punt to say that theyā€™ll be called ā€œBerserker Troopsā€) could be a featured type with low chance to pull, Magic, Ninja, Styx, Mana, and Crit having a medium chance to pull, and 3 *s having a high chance to pull. This fits the SGG model.

Sorry, but these are the ideas they have already. Iā€™m just trying to predict and forewarn fellow players.

This information that you had asked on my channel, is known to EVERY PLAYER since the first Legendary tournament & event after the introduction of Legendary Troops in the game!

I donā€™t understand what message you are communicating that SG will do in future? :grinning:

• New stuff (heroes / troops / materials, etcā€¦) will get introduced is a no brainerā€¦ so ?!?

As far as I understand, Magic & Cyclops troops provide the earliest mana bonus break-point levels amongst TROOPs comparatively, which help, especially average speed heroes charge up in 3 matchesā€¦ (number of less tiles for blah blah reasonsā€¦ will leave to excel sheet chaps)ā€¦

• L30 fellows speeds things up significantlyā€¦ we all know.

Skipping the alleged conspiracy and business plans of SG asideā€¦ I see Magic Tower portal as a plus for many players (F2P & C2P) who may have used up their EPIC Troops for Legendary Troop conversions getting a chance at pulling more of this portal troops using their ETTs.
OR

• Pulling for Magic / Cyclops troops with better odds to complete a missing colour possibly.

• I know quite a good number of players have been asking for the Magic Tower Portal for the troops as they have held their ETTs for it.
    &

• I am glad that the Magic Portal is available to players who want to use it.

Clearly, for some, its ALWAYS seems to be the case of ā€¦IF SG Does itā€¦ something MUST be wrongā€¦& Doesnā€™t do itā€¦itā€™s SURELY wrong :rofl:

• Come on !

• Personally, I am glad, this portal has been made availableā€¦

• Again, skipping all the ā€œStrategically, HOLD the ETT talksā€ asideā€¦ whether to use them OR not, is upto the players AND no one is forcing anyone :wink:

Have FuN when tower opens tomorrowā€¦ possibility of a FREE pull for Milena, (for the few who missed outā€¦ OR a dupe for the BiG Fans)ā€¦ via coins from the tower !

Cheers !

3 Likes

If i follow the logic of some players here, we should stop using our ETT because SG will surely come out with some schemes for more powerful troops.

The same logic should apply to heroes portal, SG will come out with more and more OP heroes, so do not use your EHT or gems to summon now and wait till the end of timeā€¦ If you happen to somehow get a 5*, do not level him/her because there will be another stronger hero sooner or later.

We might as well stop playing this game and be a spectator instead.

Carpe Diem.

3 Likes

Yeah. The power race will never end as long as this game lives on.

No point sitting on a massive stockpile of tokens unless player is waiting to try for someone specific.

In the case of Magic Tower: itā€™s been awhile. Players who prefer Magic Troops, and need some, have asked for this troop portal for awhile. Bringing back this tower and its accompanying troop portal, will make this group of players happy.

Those like me, who need feeder troops, will cheer as well as combined odds for a 4* feeder is higher.

This move by Zynga will pacify two groups of players for sure. Whether it brings in fresh money ā€¦. Newer players who couldnā€™t try for them because they joined after ToM went into hiatus, can now try for them. 20% mana boost still carries utility. Thereā€™s still some revenue potential, albeit much slimmer as compared to LT portals.

Whales who splurged on LT portals, and secured their 50 distinct LT via conversion or gambling, will now look towards limit breaking their LT troops to reach 15% mana. That was the initial max mana in beta, before being needed. LT with 15% mana will be super OP troops, especially paired with 2LB costumed OP heroes, and costumes with 5% mana boost are common enough currently.

Zynga may also release another 10 class combos for LT troops. Another 50 specific versions to collect. Wheeee!!!

I suspect Zynga is ā€œpatientlyā€ waiting for general population to acquire and/or level up their LT troops, before allowing LT mana to increase beyond 11%. (@Gerg : my 2 cents; 5* troops are the way to go with current power zoom. If Zynga does release another 4* troop, that troop has to be super OP to pull in the revenue that Zynga needs:

Attack 22%
Defence 18%
Mana 20%
Critical 15%
(This is the combo missing for 4* troops; I wouldnā€™t try to sell Healing 20% instead of Mana 20% because activation speed is more important than ever in this power race. All the fancy passives will continue to reside with 5* troops to keep them exclusive).

3 Likes

@Petri so it only return because of popular demand?

Does this mean it is actually removed from rotation? What about Styx? What about Ninja? How to get their troops if they are no longer appear on rotation?

They might consider letting the other 3 Tower Troops become available during any of the Tower Events or add them permanently to Epic Troop Summon, regardless if itā€™s during a Tower Event, during the Legendary Troop Summon, or during the free period where nothingā€™s active.

And Iā€™d respect them a lot if they would go back to having an easier-to-follow scheduling for events because 2024ā€™s scheduling is clearly only when something new is coming out (and DRIPPED) into the game.

Could have had the Towers coming around 3 times a year: Ninja ā†’ Magic ā†’ Styx ā†’ Owl ā†’ Ninja

Instead of the constant stream of Owls because they chose to release 1 or 2 new Owls outta 6 rather than dumping 3 now and 3 later. Bad enough itā€™s also exclusively Legendary heroes being held in beta; no new Epics or Rares.

2 Likes

Something is terribly wrong with my account. I feel it is cursedā€¦

Last year I did 650 summons and only got 4 HOTM. Now I did 95 summons and got 2 magic troopsā€¦

1 Like

Who?

Sure Iā€™m going to draw, but personally, Iā€™ll only do this for troops that I can actively level so as to improve my gaming power, but not to have too much detriment to my potentials for future improvements. There may come a point where, for my long term progress, it would be best to stop a current use of ETTs. :man_shrugging:

Many people in this game seem to work by instant gratification, which may not always be the best for long-term progress.

Styx? or better?

But I think that there should be an additional motivation than to get feeder troops, which most of us need.

I suspect several whales will have already achieved this, but I agree with you. A lot will depend on how patient Zynga is before launching itā€™s next money-making scheme and the extent of general population it would want to have levelled up LT troops before kicking this off.

Styx had different properties to Magic and Ninja troops, but it also involved an increment. Your perspective is really thought-provoking in regard to Zyngaā€™s potential timings. Hereā€™s a bit more data.

Ninja troops were released in (I think) Sept 2020
Magic Troops were released in (I think) Oct 2020
Styx Troops were released in (I think) Sept 2022

My 2 cents (and as a historical FtP, I have little more than that) is that it may be as well to hold on to value that we might better spend later.

1 Like

Many of your described so called whales still use L30 Magic troops, easily seen in defencesā€¦. :grinning:

I used up ETTs in ToM and collected lots of XP for levelling up my LTs & also, fresh :sunny: Magic Troops to mana break levels as I am using my :ice_cube: L27 for conversion to Legendary Troops in Barracks today ā€¦.:grinning:

Now have a month to lake one to L28 for next monthā€™s conversionā€¦ all types of XP helpsā€¦.

WHAT is the point of HOLDING ETTs in inventory for some FUTURE blah, which may OR NoT comeā€¦. & if comesā€¦. When :man_facepalming:t2::grinning::exclamation:

Cheers :grinning::exclamation:

1 Like

Yup, by the sound of it they are already fully levelled up. :+1:

I did not invent the use of the term whale

I got the blue magic troop i neededā€¦ Took 52 pullsā€¦ But Iā€™ll save the other 46 for styxā€¦ or whatever comes in the future.

I burned all of my ETT.

202 on main

36 on alt

I just needed the feeders.

1 Like

Easy to calculate & find out that LTs to L30 is easier than Wizards to L30ā€¦. :wink:

Conversion in efficient manner can get many players to have multiple LTs at L30ā€¦.

• Doing my 4th LT conversion today and MAGIC / Cyclop troops are the most useful to fill the gaps created by EPICs being used for conversion
    bcoz
  • their mana break points for average speed heroes charge in 3 matches, is much easier to achieve compared to Mana Troopsā€¦.
    &
    Hence Magic / Styx portals are useful for players who donā€™t spend to pull Legendary troops,

So HOARDING those ETTs during Magic / Styx portals ā€¦. :man_facepalming:t2::grinning::man_shrugging:t2:

No chance to buy extra flags?

2 Likes

Just realizedā€¦ They forgot flag offer for this Suprise tower ??

1 Like

And I am pretty sure that it has 75 levels. Would have liked to have done some today, rather than having a slog later in the tower.

1 Like

Depends on whether you need bypass. I equip Styx troops on my dispellers if they are not rangers or donā€™t have any other bypass ability. This has saved me often enough to make up for their reduced damage.

A mix of mana n Styx n magic plus LT may work out well for a player. Depends on his roster, which will influence his play style.

Motivation depends on what player needs more. I just maxed my first 3* troop (Blue) with 14 more to go. :joy::rofl:

Yeah I need heaps of 1/2* feeders plus heaps of 3/4* feeders to max more 2*, more 3* and more LT plus more epics for conversion.

I used to have about 150 ETT, now whittled to 90+. These 90+ will be used up soon in that magic troop portal to get 90+ 3/4* feeders.

Since those ETTs are FREE, am I happy that I can splurge them in a portal with higher odds for a 4*. Since that is all I lack. I have heaps of ham / iron crates.

If that doesnā€™t motivate you, then I take it your troop roster must be adequate for now that you donā€™t feel an urgency to push them asap (within current feeder, ham, iron constraints)

Magic in Sept 2021. I kept records.

4 Likes

Iā€™m full of all sorts of feelings. :+1:

2 Likes

What fellows claim & actually do ā€¦ are way different ā€¦

I remember a childhood story of the FoX that lost his tail
&
Started preaching how useless the tail was :rofl:
&
Ran to appoint himself as the spokesperson of Most :exclamation::man_facepalming:t2::rofl::grinning: