Surprise return of Magic Tower

Will the Magic Summon Portal return as well?

I do hope so

I don’t really care about the portal. I would just like to use up some of my ETTs

Just one gamer’s opinion

Game Well :sunglasses: :mechanical_arm:

13 Likes

Really wish i coukd of had a heads up so i could of saved some troop tokens. Typical the mindset in charge dont care about the players.

2 Likes

Really? Players have been asking for this for months. When they finally get around to running one, people still complain that they didn’t get enough notice, or they “dont care” (sic).

Only constant in this is that players will always complain.

25 Likes

I suspect that the OP was referring to the portal featuring magic troops.

I will definitely draw with ETTs to see if I can get missing magic and mana troops. Otherwise I think it may be good to save ETTs for a future superior form of 4* troop which SGG can hawk to whales who have already got full sets of Magic, Ninja and Styx troops. Legendary troops can’t be used in Raid tourneys and Tower, Challenge and other seasonal events and 4 * troops for these events will be a new market/cash grab opportunity for SGG.

1 Like

Pretty nice, when I spent a bunch of tokens.

1 Like

Glad the troop portal is returning, but it does make me wonder why. Is it really just because people asked enough times? Or are they planning to release a new use for ETTs and want people to empty their stockpiles first

I’ll still use my 70 tokens, even if I don’t pull mana troops I need the feeders

6 Likes

Legendary troops could be used on attack in the current tournament, so it seems like they’re making some changes to where they are usable

According to @Dansing when I asked, Legendary troops can’t be used in Raid tournaments. Global raids, via the “find opponent” function I understand, are fine.

Based on past experience, EVERYTHING SG does has nothing to do with “players welfare”, rather than predate players
That’s why Im pretty sure we’ll see a new epic troops/new way to utilize ETTs, so paying players (and we can do some hours-talk about people STILL spending on this crap) would pull and spend again.

Personally I won’t pull in magic troop portal, I smell another big scam incoming

4 Likes

Yes, that’s how it’s worked till now. But in the currently running tournament, you could attack with legendary troops even though it says you couldn’t. This seems like a change that leaked into the game early, before it was finished and announced

Oh, I think that they may consider player welfare, as long as it doesn’t get in the way of them achieving profits, and by the looks of it, their priority is often short and medium term profits.

“Due to a [potential] desire that players use ETTs for feeders, we are withdrawing Magic, Ninja, and Styx portals”.

… also [potentially] due to wanting player to use up remaining ETTs before a superior form of troop is brought onto market.

edit: I hope that this does not discourage SGG from reissuing the Magic troops portal.

Before they do that, SG should introduce a 3 star troop for epic heroes (why don’t the stars of troops match the stars of heroes they’re associated with).

This new troop should sacrifice some attack and defense for a 5% mana bonus, opening up many new strategies and lineups for epic raid tournaments (which are the only remaining competition where strategy consistently beats hero power).

Just 1 week ago I used all my ETT’s, bcz I lost patience :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

There are 2 types of 2* troops, 3 types of 3* troops and 4 types of 4* troops.

And only 1 type of 5* troops so far, whose max mana was nerfed from 15% to 11%. I would expect Zynga to allow LT to be limit broken to allow mana boost to be increased back to 15%.

Do you have some insider info on pending troop releases ?

3 Likes

Same here. Need more 4* feeders. Will use some, and then hold back some in case Zynga has something up their sleeves: like inserting LT in regular troop portals at even lower odds.

4 Likes

Nobody cares about your impossible towers. I will pass for the sake of sanity.

No, but he has posted this theory a lot recently.

Clearlg SG are money orientated, so it wouldnt suprise me. However, i dont see them bothering with new 4* troops. I cant see people investing in 4* at all when the 5* are so new and there are so many of them to collect (plus the upgradeable element, which im reasonably certain will happen).

2 Likes

Well … fingers crossed for the magic troop portal. I am still missing the full set.

3 Likes

What about players that still want to have a Ninja troop set and Styx set?

This is just unfair… like all SG/Zynga are doing.

It should be All or Nothing!