Summons are ridiculous - Summons MASTER

I am not convinced it was really a “bug”, however. My suspicion is that it was intentional to see what they could get away with, and when it failed because a bunch of whales didn’t make the expected pulls at the start they quickly reversed course to avoid losing too much revenue. They sure did “fix” it fast, though!

Time to grab a cup of coffee and a slice of king cake.
Forum will be hopping today with this latest debacle

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: love your cynicism!

Possible but impossible to prove unless you have access to insider info.

Maybe some whales PM someone in Zynga and told that person: “Hi. No new featured ninjas ? I am not pulling.”

Upon which, that Zynga person responded with alacrity to “correct” the “incorrect” portal. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yes, I know it isn’t provable.

I suspect you would agree with me suggesting that they have worked hard lately to erode any good faith interpretations of the actions, to the point that for many of us, mostly cynicism is all that remains.

4 Likes

Yes. I have reached the point where I have started to hold back from initiating anything in this game without first checking Forum for bug reports.

This game used to be smooth sailing, a joy to log in and jump straight into the action.

Now we have botched events, botched portals, botched “signage” (that “new” still won’t go away), and server slowdowns.

1 Like

I legit feel bad for the whales who have to go through this nonsense. The devs really treat them like ■■■. First c misandra, now this, then the LNY portal next few weeks. How can any whale even survive this?

Aw goodness, let’s just all get along - at least let’s agree that this game is gambling and that it’s sad how little the developers care at this point :confused:

4 Likes

I just stop playing the game and let know new player stay away from this game everything is about money and scam scam scam

2 Likes

Adding new heroes to exising portals is probably the biggest scam yet on SG’s part. The odds of pulling one of these new heroes is next to nothing.

I assume SG believes that getting a few thousand whales to throw down $10K or more to get them is worth more than having the much larger player base all doing a bit of summoning. Because no sane person is going to do pulls with what, 0.12% odds to get one of the new non-featured heroes, or what, 0.2% odds to get one of the new featured ones.

Just completely ridiculous. You can buy a used car or new PS or new phone for the price it will take to even try to get one. Odds are you end up with a few hundred feeder heroes and nothing else to show for it. Shame on you SG.

3 Likes

If you check all YouTuber pull before they change the portal none of them pull a new hero their tricks goes wrong to make people summoning it can be intentional to make people Pull after one a hour changing the portal to grab addict people and think their luck will be better You can think by your own

Got Topaz off a 10-pull… happy.

1 Like

Says the guy who thinks emphatic is a big word…

I vehemently conclude he does believe it’s a big word :joy:

1 Like

If you check all the threads on the botched Ninja portal, you will find a few later comments by me, complete with SS of original and updated ninja portal.

In those comments, i did comment that the odds for featured heroes did differ. There may be a case for Zynga to compensate.

Original : 4 featured heroes, all aged = 0.25% odds
Corrected : 3 featured heroes, 2 new and 1 aged = 0.333% odds

This alone is a cause for concern.

Add on: the different wording for Zynga’s announcement. AR is “have not affected”. NT is “will not affect”.

read @Gargon ‘s post

And then read on after that. You can scroll back up too. That’s one of the main thread for this botched Ninja portal.

Since you watched all those summon YT, why don’t you leave them a note to let them know to try their luck for compensation ?

1 Like

SG has decided that they make more from milking a few thousand wales than from having the entire player base chip in a bit.

Let’s say the top 50 alliances are mostly whales. That’s 50 * 30 = 1500 players. Maybe add another 500 who are in other alliances but are still whales, so 2000 players total.

They will want all these new heroes. The odds of pulling a new ninja are what, 2/10th of 0.3% = 0.12% for non-featured and 2/3rd of 1% = 0.66% for the two featured ones?

Let’s say you want all of these new heroes.

To get both new featured ones:
There is a pool of 3 heroes, sharing 1% odds.
Getting the first: 2/3 * 1% = 0.66% → on average, you need 151 summons
Getting the second: 1/3 * 1% = 0.33% → on average, you need 303 summons

To get both new non-featured ones:
There is a pool of 12 heroes, sharing 0.3% odds.
Getting the first: 2/12 * 0.3% = 0.05% → on average, you need 2000 summons
Getting the second: 1/12 * 0.3% = 0.025% → on average, you need 4000 summons

That’s 6454 summons total.

At 2600 gems for 10 summons, and regular price gems ($1 = 100 gems) that’s $655 * 26 = $17030.

2000 players spending $17030 = $34060000, or $34 million.

SG has decided that $34 million is worth more than having a bit better odds and trying to entice the larger player base to each spend a little bit of money.

3 Likes

That botched portal just cost them revenue for the next Tower portal. I saw the refund SS. :rofl::joy:

So they earn US$19m from this NT portal but will earn less from next Styx portal. :laughing:

The new ninja portal uses the same RSG (random season 1 generator). I did my 1 pull and got Cyprian yay

Hey…you got a 4* hero! :rofl:

1 Like

This…That. That kind of math. My goodness. How distasteful to think about. And yet still, SG continue to have so few working on EP. With that kind of money flowing in. Without even giving just 1% to charity. Urgh, these companies today.

:gem::hook::heart::loop::coin::broken_heart:

1 Like

Well ONE of my degrees is in Engineering, and there was plenty of maths involved. I don’t have time nor enough information to prove to a court that there is something not entirely honest about the narrative about how this game/gambling is supposed to work against what I have observed.

Our sensitivity to patterns is related to our experience. For example I would argue that the probability of my having as many 5* heroes as I have, given my tiny pull numbers, doesn’t match with the published % chance. I’m just not that lucky.

But I’ve seen the light and won’t spend anymore. I wont be goaded into spending by every old trick in the book. There are much better investments of my time and hard earned cash.

Others can get off on having paid for a high ranking if they choose. It’s psychologically sad. And too bad if you find that opinion personally offensive.

You don’t want to admit that you’ve been hustled? You’re too smart for that right? Well, you have been. Deal with it. But you’ll rationalize it like you’ve got the money to spend and you’re getting something of value. Go right ahead. Be an easy mark. Ha ha ha.