šŸ“Æ Sumle ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 4* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

Right, I also think that rush attack tourney is the only place for Sumle. Still maybe Colen is slightly better :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Sumle is not amazing by any means but I would like to add that he has been doing some amazing work for me in wars when paired up with Santa.

2 Likes

Because the heroes you take donā€™t matter, and itā€™s refreshing to change things up a bit, Iā€™ve been using the likes of Sumle in 8-7 farming.

Itā€™s tasty seeing him hit the 2 alive out of 4 mobs for stupid damageā€¦ but when he misses all 4 alive mobsā€¦ wellā€¦ thatā€™s when you feel the slow mana just isnā€™t right. Long buildup time followed by potential mega fail. Yes -20% isnā€™t too bad, and tile damage is high. But I dunno, slow punishes misses too much.

Maybe he can apply a guaranteed burn to all enemies first (i.e. they dodge the boulders but get burnt by the radiant heat/flames regardless). Or he hits with half the current % damage at 100% accuracy, then a reduced chance to hit with remaining half. They can already split damage amounts with Kageburado after all. Or make him blind and/or atk debuff anyone he hits. Or give him a self mana boost for a few turns at the end of his special.

9 Likes

Sumle @ epic Wonderland:

2 Likes

I wonder if theyā€™re planning on bringing out a hero that buffs accuracy? Pair with Sumle - tasty. Pair with Wu Kong - ludicrously OP! Probably best not, then.

1 Like

More like Wilbur and Proteus @epic wonderlandā€¦ featuring Sumle in not too important role :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Expected to see the dead enemy is carried over to last turn but seem not. Just to confirm: is the dead enemy is reset by the beginning of each turn?

1 Like

had him as an enemy, must say that he does hurt alot.

only 1 dead enemy and he did like 500dmg on 4 of 5 heros. Thank fully he is quite squishy and i wanted to see and let him fire.

For wars i think he could be better then colen.

Sumle was all over the leaderboard in the Wondeland challenge event. I was not too thrilled with his special, and the people in this thread as well, is there something that we all missed? Was he used so frequently because he was new? Or is he actually good?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know about ā€œall overā€ - it looked to me like Lancelot and Scarlett continued to feature most prominently, but he popped up on a couple of teams.

His base stats are decent (good attack without being as brittle as Lance) and when his AoE doesnā€™t miss it can pack a real punchā€¦

The key thing with events, though, is you can rerun levels as many times as you like until youā€™ve had the boards you wanted (or in this case, until you had good boards and the special didnā€™t miss).
And I think thatā€™s the point - when it comes together as hoped, itā€™s worth itā€¦

When it comes to raids where itā€™s win or lose, two rematches only, itā€™s a different story. Chasing top event scores itā€™s only the best run out of 5, 10 etc is what counts, any failed runs are forgotten.

So maybe he has a use thereā€¦ But itā€™s a luxury niche.

Iā€™m still not in any rush to build him up.

1 Like

LOLā€¦I guess you were wrong about that green tank thing!!!

1 Like

He hits each enemy considerably harder than Colen, as long as he doesnā€™t miss. So I suspect a lot of those players using him swapped him in place of Colen.

Paired with Wilbur, his misses also would be a tad less troublesome, since itā€™s just a matter of doing less damage overall, rather than leaving a particular target untouched.

1 Like

ā€œfor nowā€

Is key.

I wouldnā€™t trumpet just yet.

1 Like

This weekā€™s raid tournament (4* bloody battle with no purple) was the first time I really used Sumle, and I have to say he was better than I expected. I did pair him with Wilbur, and they do work very well together as others have already said.

The extra damage with dead enemies makes a real difference, a lot of the time when you get a slow hero to fire the tank will already be dead, if not more. This is a key improvement compared to Colen, imho.

Hereā€™s a question: when used in war to clean up a team with 1+ dead heroes, does this give the extra damage output right off the bat? Or does that only apply when enemies are killed during that actual battle?

Wilbur + Colen + Sumle at a bloody raid tournament of epic heroes (not darks)

3 Likes

Just got him from last valhalla, will lvl up to 3.60 but that slow speed probably will let him there. I will stay here to read your thoughts.

Have the guy at 1/1 but I think he could really shine in a low lvl mop squad for wars for low level players. I have been there in the past and seen it many times with my allies or enemies, when you try to kill a corner healing hero in a field aid week with a team with low power: Itā€™s a nightmare. Sumle could really help on cleaning that problem, by ghosting red tiles and having his ult get the +5dead enemies buff.

Would I recommend new players to focus their resources for this niche utility?: No, wait for something better and unless you absolutly have nothing better to do and hidden blades are not a problem keep the guy at 3/60.

Mrs the Bard pulled this guy and Colen back to back.

Anyone got opinions on which to do first?

Her roster is a mix of 3* and 4*, unmaxxed. She does have Wilbur and boldtusk.

having both, I think sumle is WAY stronger. I have botn unemblemed and now sumle is the one going to mono red

3 Likes

I agree with @ierazo, especially if paired with Wilbur to mitigate any misses. Unless the possibility of a miss is offputting, Sumle is the better choice. (Plus heā€™ll pair better with other fire DOT heroes as the realm burn is separate from other fire DOT.)

The only other consideration is if embleming would be involved.

1 Like