📯 Sumle – New Season 3 Hero – 4* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

New Season 3 Hero Released: Sumle!

:bar_chart: Stats

Sumle

Rarity Element Class
:star::star::star::star:
Epic
:fire:
Fire/Red
Monk
Mana Speed Attack Defense Health
S
Slow
:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
Origin Realm
Season 3 Muspelheim
:dizzy: Special Skill: Magma Boulders
  • Deals 235% damage to all enemies. Each hit has 80% accuracy.
  • The damage is increased by 70% per each dead enemy.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

:test_tube: Changes from Beta

There appear to be no changes to Sumle from his last-seen Beta stats, skill, and design.

:thought_balloon: What do you think of Sumle?

This thread is for thoughts and discussion on Sumle.

Based on preferences Forum members have expressed, please try to stick mainly to Sumle and not wander off topic too much to other heroes.

Some Popular Questions for Discussion

• Is Sumle worth summoning for?

• Would you use Sumle on Defense? Offense? War? Quests/Events? Titans?

• Which heroes on your Roster best pair with Sumle?

• What heroes would you take when facing Sumle as an opponent?

• Would you give Sumle Monk Emblems? Which Talent Grid path will you choose?

• What do you think of Sumle’s special?

• What do you think of Sumle’s character design?

• If you Summoned Sumle and would like to post your results, please include some thoughts on why you Summoned Sumle and whether/how you plan to make use of him.*

*NOTE: Summon Results posted without any commentary/feedback at all should be flagged as Off Topic and removed, based on preferences expressed by the Forum community. Please include some comments about what you think of Sumle when posting Summon Results. In addition to opinions about Sumle, you are also encouraged to include how many Summons it took before receiving Sumle (or how many Summons you’ve done without receiving Sumle), so other players are presented with realistic experiences of the rarity of Season 3 Heroes.

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Valhalla Epic Hero?

It’s important to remember that Season 3 Valhalla Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Season 3 Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 13.7% chance of summoning Sumle.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 36 times out of 100, you’ll get Sumle by pull 30
  • 59 times out of 100, you’ll get Sumle by pull 60
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Sumle by pull 203
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Sumle by pull 314

Putting that in Perspective

• 64 out of every 100 people won’t get Sumle by the 30th pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 30 times, 640,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sumle

• 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Sumle by the 203rd pull

• If 1 Million players each summoned 203 times, 50,000 of those players wouldn’t get Sumle

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

5 Likes

Feedback Poll - Sumle (post release)

Is Sumle worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

How many Sumle’s would be useful to keep?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • 5 or more

0 voters

What do you think Sumle’s Primary Purpose is?

• Offense Geared Damage Dealer
  • Defence Geared Damage Dealer

0 voters

What do you think of Sumle compared to other Heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

How does Sumle’s Special Skill match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

Is Sumle worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Yes, but only if you don’t have a 5* Option
  • Yes, but only if you’re focusing on 4* Heroes/ Events
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No, I don’t think so.
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

In Defence, where do you think Sumle is best used?

Note, as a 4* hero, please consider with this question up-and-coming players not just end-game players (where 5* heroes are a luxury not a given).

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

How do you think Sumle will be best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Does this mean that Sumle was a 5* in Beta?

4 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

No, it was a mistake in the database we’re using to generate that portion of these posts.

I’ve fixed the post, and submitted a request to update the database.

2 Likes

To bad he is slow. Pairing him with someone like Isarnia, I could see him making some damage in offense teams if you manage to keep both alive long enough to fire.

Could for sure be an interesting option for rush attack tournaments as well.

2 Likes

Slow with a 20% chance to miss. Hmm. Well, I’ll probably level Ei-Dunn first, then if I still don’t have a red 5* (I have 14 rings!), this guy will be next. His stats are pretty decent. It’s too early to decide if I like him yet.

I tend to judge slow mana hero’s on impact - does the SS do enough to justify waiting.

This guy has a pretty huge attack stat for a 4* and a high damage %… But on average, he’s only going to hit 4 out of 5 enemies (on raid/tournament for example).
Does that risky hit justify waiting so long?

Hmmmm…
I’m not sure I’m in any rush to level this one.

5 Likes

I have Elena maxed and Azlar at 3.70 I wonder, would Sumle be of any help?

It depends… In 4* tournaments or events?

Maybe… The question really is what does he offer above, say, Colen and whether he’s worth the feeders.

1 Like

I took him unlevelled (still 80% accuracy) to 8-7 and… well… he’s likely to take the crown of most frustrating off of Ranvir… his accuracy was more like 20%!

Lol ok ok it was a VERY small sample size… but I dunno, he could’ve been better with maybe a slightly reduced full damage and his “misses” still dealt some damage, as in a grazing impact.

3 Likes

I’m thinking he could be an absolute BEAST with Bold, Falcon and WIlbur.
Throw Wu Kong in there for some fun maths.

8 Likes

Indeed… But in that kind of stack, Colen already is (and without the misses).

Obviously Wilbur helps spread around the hits that land to flatten out the misses.

I guess the question is whether (or how often) the extra damage helps or winds up as overkill damage?

I’m just not seeing enough of an edge here to actually pull the trigger and max him just yet…

5 Likes

In fairness, any red with Bold, Falcon, Wilbur is going to do well.

This is also why I really don’t think green tanks will ever be a common thing, even with Telluria.

I mean, I’m wrong about most things related to the game, I just think there are too many violently effective options vs Green that render them less than optimal.

Why was Yunan effective? Because he was relatively rare after his first release and people didn’t account for him. I don’t think people fear him as much as they once did. He still IS rare, but cannot hold a candle to the elite grape tanks we’ve got going on-- that’s even WITH Jackal out there.

As cool as Telluria is to play with-- I fear there will never be a time with legit green tanks running rampant like we see with Dark, and like we have seen with Holy.

5 Likes

Indeed… Or in my favourite stack: Wilbur, BK and often Falcon too. Boom.

I’m just doubting a bit on this one… Misses annoy me at the best of times, 55% more upfront damage than Colen sounds appealing - but then if I’m honest, Sumle is never going to replace G.Kong on my raid attack mono and I’m not going to run inconsistent hero’s in war attacks if I have a choice (which I already do)…
Which leaves events - but I’m just not seeing enough advantage there to pull the trigger, I’d be better served doing a second Lancelot or a Scarlett/Kelile (both of which I have maxed on my alts but not maxed on main)

1 Like

I don’t really see it happening for raid defense, but in war you could have the hope of the opponents having to use their strong reds early and struggle later on

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see green become an option as an AW tank.
Could be fun to have an AW lineup that goes Blue,Red,Green,Red,Blue

3 Likes

Unless you have a JF flank preventing the defense down :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s the video of sumle strength on defense

6 Likes

Not sure I would want to chance him with Wu Kong.
Personally my experience with Wu is quite bad lol. Having both of them with the potential to causes misses = no thank you for me. However, i do have Miki I can use instead of Wu Kong, so if I throw him in, this could be great, and for Titans too.

1 Like

Muspelheim family ailment. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Cookie Settings