šŸ“Æ Sumle ā€“ New Season 3 Hero ā€“ 4* Fire/Red: Thoughts, Discussion & Summon Results with Feedback

This in regards to all new heroes but what is considered ā€œlow healthā€? Is it below XX health or below % of total health orā€¦ ?

When health bar is red.
Seems to be below about 20%.

4 Likes

I wonder if Gazelle can remove those status effects?

2 Likes

But! using Wilbur with him, it does damage all the enemies at once, no matter de %ā€¦ plus the down defense caused by wilburā€¦ I think they will be very good friends togheter (Boldtusk would be the cherry of that cake)

1 Like

Wow that is incredibly weak. So with the defense bonus and every single hero dead he only did 397 damage to one hero with no buffs up. Hard to see this guy being very useful. The 80% accuracy part of his special wasnā€™t needed. He wouldā€™ve been just fine without that

3 Likes

two questions:

1. are we sure sumle is a guy?

2. I have 2 sumles, is there any real use case for this hero? would you all even use it in a 4* rush tournament?

Well, I am fan of Wilbur, and the first think a I thought with Sumle wasā€¦ ok imagine 2 of the 5 enemies dead, so it would be a damage base 235% + 70% + 70%= 375%. So, if I use Wilbur + Sumle (and Boldtusk to increase damage even more)ā€¦ it will be a lot of damage, more than any other red 4* heroe. I think that will be my use for Sumle in attack. In defenseā€¦ maybe at the right corner an option for those tournaments.

3 Likes

And I think is a guy because, I play the spanish version (I am argentinian) and when you look at his lens at the rooster, it says ā€œGigante vigoroso de fuegoā€ wich means ā€œmale giantā€ if he would be a she, it would say ā€œGigante vigorosa de fuegoā€

6 Likes

Not in my playstyle I thinkā€¦ definetly 2nd Colen best over this Sumle,ā€¦ new gamble hero in redā€¦ and I have 2x of them :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I am confused as to where Sumle would be an improvement over many/most existing heroes.

I understand G. Owl and the extra damage for each dead ally, the special is a back to the wall last ditch effort and I like the concept.

Sumle is the inverse, extra damage for each dead enemy. Seems more like a win more situation except in a very even fight where two enemies are dead and you have dead allies hanging on by a thread. In those situations I may still prefer mini-Azlar, Colen to Sumle due to Sumleā€™s poor marksmanship.
IF it was a close match up until the moment Sumle/Colen are ready to fire, rarely will the enemy be near full health and Colen should be able to finish the enemy off more effectively.

Is there someone that really likes Sumle willing to write up a defense of this hero?

5 Likes

my explanation for the extra damage isnā€™t for a last ditch effort or anything; itā€™s to compensate for the fact that there are less targets.

Itā€™s like, you have an 80% chance of doing 1000 damage. The expected value (EV) is 800 damage per hit.

But then, because of less targets, you now only have a 60% chance of doing damage, so if you still want to have an EV 800, youā€™ll have to increase damage to 1333.3333 damage.

So increasing dmg roughly makes the expected damage equal regardless number of targets.

not that iā€™m planning to level her (yes, itā€™s a her; look at the face, people!) any time soon.

1 Like

Half of his chest is exposed, I doubt theyā€™ll have an exposed womanā€™s chest in this game.

3 Likes

Should be fire giantess shouldnā€™t it? Probably gender neutral anyways.

1 Like

I canā€™t. I voted him as below average, and I think he isā€“but the concept behind him is really interesting.

To me, Sumle should have been average speed, and would have caught some of my interest at that point. Thatā€™d slot him right in with a lot of the other approx. 200-250% AOE hitters (admittedly from the legendary categoryā€“heroes like Kong, Anzogh, etc) that already have a known market. Those heroes might not be beloved by the community, but they serve a purpose.

The 80% hit rate at that point becomes a more acceptable drawback when you consider that Sumle is so adaptable during a raid. He morphs slowly from AOE hitter to sniper, eventually capping out at a very respectable 515% single target hit at a 711 attack base. For reference, Lianna is a 512% single target hit at a 729 attack base. Thatā€™s excellent damage for a 4*, even if the speed drops from fast to averageā€“not so much when it falters all the way to slow and comes at a 20% miss rate.

As is, this guy likely slots in behind a ton of buffing, debuffing heroes in a mono team like Bold, Falcon, Wilburā€“but Iā€™d prefer a much more reliable average speed hitter in that spot like the aforementioned legendaries who are going to fire at the same time as your buff/debuff crew.

I do like how this guy situationally adjusts to how your raid is going as the battle continues however, and I will eventually get around to testing him out to see if I can find a use. Iā€™m not 100% sold on the idea heā€™s an inferior Colen, which I think is going to be the most common comparison due to speed and the opening AOE.

ā€“

TL:DR - Heā€™s much less a sniper and much more a Rocket-Propelled Grenade Launcher. Clumsy, slow, inaccurate, but likely to wound a whole lotta people if he hits his target. And if youā€™re standing there alone at the end of the fight and he connectsā€¦ look out!

4 Likes

It seems to me that the first, best use of Sumle would be in Alliance Wars. The defense buffs ratchet up as the defense is eliminated, but so do his hits. Tailor made for rooting out that +18 Rigard on the wing in field aid.

I think too much is made about his inaccuracy. With Colen, you run the risks of not surviving to ever get your special off, and having your DoT cleansed. I am a Colen fan, but I am definitely going to give Sumle a try.

2 Likes

I have Sumle and Sumitomo. Which one should I level first?

I have all the plain vanilla red 4*. I also have 3.70 Elena and 3.70 Azlar. What do you think, guys? Your advice will be appreciated :smile:

honestly, neither. wait til some other guy or save those blades for elena/azlar IMO.

2 Likes

If @bobiscool says so, Iā€™d have to agree with him. :wink:

Do you have any other reds to level up?

PS Many people like Sumitomo but he is just a stop gap until you get better heros.

PPS Iā€™m not impressed with Sumle. Kinda scares me how things might turn out. Could surprise me though. You never know. :relaxed:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just started working on Sumle now. My Sumitomo is still sitting untouched :stuck_out_tongue:

Plan on making him and Colen my super duo in Rush Attack Tournamentsā€¦ And also in Events!

4 Likes

I am working on Sumitomo and Sumle at the same time (giving reds to the lower of the two each time I feed)

I really think Sumitomo is terrible but I guess there could be a tourney useā€¦ ? Sumle is an odd one. Iā€™ve used him a bit on PVE and in beta and just canā€™t see ever using him outside of tournaments or events either.

5 Likes