[SOLVED] No War chest loot if player opts out from the last war of the War chest (clean version)

I re-create hidden topic, that was flagged for screenshot of SG’s support answer.
Sorry about that, formally I’m wrong.
I thought it’ll help to understand the context.

Nevertheless, issue with War chest loot stays.
Kindly ask not to hide this version :slight_smile:

Hello everyone.
Not sure if it’s a bug, but it’s certainly an issue.

Players get no war chest loot if they skip the war after which war chest gets 25/25.

How it used to work.
War chest 24/25, player has 100% participation.
Player opts out from the war, and after the war he gets War chest with 96% participation.
And 0% participation in the new chest, of course.

How it works now
Player opts out from the war, and after the war he gets NO WAR CHEST.

So, there are two questions.

1. Players misses the last war of the war chest.
Player opts out from the war.
? What loot will he receive from War chest and with which participation?

2. Player misses a war in the middle of the chest’s progress.
War chest 19/25, player has 100% participation.
Player opts out from the war, alliance wins.
Now player has 76% participation.
He opts in, takes part in the war.
? What loot will he receive from War chest and with which participation?

@Dudeious.Maximus , @Petri , kindly ask for your attention.
Looks like there’s a bug, or a silent change of War chest mechanics.

Thank you!

5 Likes

I would expect the previous behavior unless the player maybe left before the war starts, and accidently match maked in another alliance.

I would expect 80% here.

But as I see @Dudeious.Maximus have seen your post.
He will probably forward your question to Staff.

2 Likes

I do apologise as the pic qoute from support is against forum rules… I should of edited from your original post…
I did mention this in mod chat and gave my reasons why i didn’t … You could of just put the qoute in a text form instead of a pic … Honstley dont see the difference :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Not sure if I can quote that in text ))
Won’t take that risk ))

Brief version: “Player didn’t get any loot because he opted out of the last War chest war”.
Hope it’s OK to write this ))

3 Likes

Player never left alliance for the whole war chest.
Opted out from the last war and received no war chest.
As of now three players reported this behavior to me.

Anyway, I don’t expect official answer till Monday )
Let’s wait for official comments.

5 Likes

I want to know the official answer too. If this is the way going forward, it’s better to issue an official notice in forum and to in-box so that all and sundry are aware of the change in war chest loot terms & conditions.

6 Likes

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This has been forwarded to the team who will take a look into this.

7 Likes

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this. We can confirm that opting out of the War will not result in you losing your War Chest. It just means that participation towards that chest will stop. The only way you will lose your War Chest participation is by being matched into a War with another Alliance. Our apologies for any confusion caused.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, but you’re telling me theory.

I’m writing about real cases, when

1. Player has 90+% war participation
  2. Opts out from the war, staying in the same alliance
  3. Alliance closes the war chest without the player’s participation
  4. Players gets no war chest

Can I mention in text, what was the answer from SG support?

@ElleBlack90 , I’d have no issue about this if Player got his loot.
Which, accoring to your message above, he should get.
And which, in practice, he hasn’t got.

We’re making an experiment during this war, I’ll come back in several days with a concrete case, players and screenshots.

Issue is NOT solved.
I personally know two players who lost war chest loot and don’t have it still.

@Dudeious.Maximus , not sure if the topic should be marked as SOLVED.
I’m afraid to change it )))

5 Likes

Think those affected players need to send in tix to CS on their own. With a SS of that official reply. And try to get back their reduced participation war chest.

3 Likes

I had an issue over the summer that took about 6 responses with support for them to FINALLY read and acknowledge the actual problem. I had opted out of the final war, the chest was filled… but the participation did not calculate correctly. Instead of calculating out of 25 wars, it calculated the carryover, so like out of 28 or something like that… it was clearly wrong and I even got them eventually to tell me it was calculated that way. Which I promptly point out the war chest fills at 25 and carry’s over so I am getting hit on BOTH the existing chest and the new chest.

It is sad it takes SO MANY attempts for support to actually READ what you write.

3 Likes

Nothing new there. I try very hard not to send in tix to CS.

1 Like

Kindly ask you to answer one question for me.

Player misses the last war of the war chest.
Player opts out from the war.

QUESTION: What loot will he receive from War chest and with which participation?

None?
96% participation?
Something other?

@ElleBlack90 , please answer this question and I’ll considers the issue closed.
Players will refer to your answer in further messages to game support team.

5 Likes

One of my subscribers got official response from SG tech support.
Which I can’t discuss here )))

Just really need your answer to my question in the post above.
Thank you!

2 Likes

:arrow_double_up: Exactly this.

I’m not sure there is one answer to this question as in most cases, there are factors that are different. Time Zone… Server connectivity…:thinking:.

In my experience, Support can only reply to and investigate specific cases. When I’ve contacted them “they’ve” been quick in replying, although I’ve learned (after many, many support tickets :wink:) to provide as much information / screenshots as possible about the one issue I’m reporting on.

Following…

1 Like

Well, people who lost war chest loot wrote to tech support.
And my previous post was deleted for quoting that reply.

What’s safe to say - the issue is still open and I still need and answer for my question about opting out on 24/25 war chest.

About experiment - I’ll post the results.

6 Likes

Exact quoting is not allowed indeed, but I think it is allowed if you just summarize the result briefly with your own words.

In my own words:
Player gets no loot if he opts out of war chest’s closing war.

Dear moderators and SG, if this is prohibited too, kindly ask to delete this post, not the whole topic.

1 Like

In my alliance we have exactly this problem right now. A member never left the alliance, our war chest was 20/25 and she opt out for personal reasons.
We won the war and now her war chest is 0/25 and she didn’t receive any loot from war chest. See pictures:

She contact support already and is waiting for an answer. I‘ll keep you informed.

@Petri - do you know something about?

4 Likes

I’ve just asked a member of my alliance who opted out of the war for personal reasons. Our chest was at 21/25 and we won our war today, so the new chest is now at 1/25. He just checked it and said he didn’t receive any loot from the filled one. He will submit a ticket to support.

5 Likes