Small Giants soft-launches Puzzle Combat

Sweet. I’m in 30 Rings of Fire. Feel free to poach me when I meet your requirements. Although I’m not a real Canadian… But I do like maple syrup

3 Likes

wipe on global launch??

Hopefully. Doesn’t look fair otherwise.

Totally different teams than E&P? Yeaaaaahhhh, riiiiiiggghhhtttt. LOL, it’s identical!! No way am I starting another game from scratch for a reskin if the same game!

2 Likes

It’s very, very similar. I might do a longer review sometime.

The main obvious differences are

• armour - basically an extension of HP like minions, but it’s very common and all bosses have it

• different board combos - squares and lateral combos

• weapons - a replacement for troops but they have to be broken into components and used to upgrade others.

All the RNG based pulls and loot are identical.

1 Like

Its the same game, just a different skin.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s the same engine underneath. The differences I listed are a little more than cosmetic. But not much.

1 Like

Game was available in the Dutch play store, so I started playing today as well. The little differences are all improvements in my opinion. Hope they’ll start a Puzzle Combat forum soonish! :slight_smile:

Jep, here a dutch download aswel. Al my game time is in E&P, so we wil see how fun it is…

My favorite quest so far are the Zombie Hordes :zombie: :woman_zombie:

There are no enemy waves, instead zombies continue to spawn each turn, minimum there must be 3 on screen unless you are close to finishing them all off. There’s a counter telling you how many there are.

They can fill the entire 3 rows up there, which adds up to a lot of damage taken if you let them pile up.

Quest is worth doing too because you get zombie emblems, which let you summon zombie heroes. They incorporate family bonuses, like E&P recently did.

@DaveCozy
I think I’ve already met a few of your fellow alliance members recently in raids and it didn’t end well for me lol.

I found some of these quests really difficult in the beginning, but am coping okay now. Am liking the zombie rounds too, but I don’t want any more ‘Roberto’ pulls :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also erom Holland, started the game 2 days ago. And i do like it. Slghlty different thank e&p but those changes makes the game more interesting.

I forgot to answer all your questions :stuck_out_tongue:

I only have 3*s maxed, but I’m glad to say that – while there are clearly better ones and there’s still room for balance – there’s no major Greymane or Prisca stinkers. All of them are usable to some extent :slight_smile:

Lotte is awesome, she’s basically a red average speed Ulmer, except her defense reduction is only 3 turns and she’s much more durable. Good tank for a 3*.

I like Brad as well, he’s average speed and blinds target + nearby. If Drake had a 3* counterpart, it’d be Brad.

Jem is pretty cool, hitting all enemies at fast speed is nice and the support attack is a pretty unique buff; has a chance to hit the target of her ally’s special skill, which means you usually fire her first.

Dougal is very unique. Adds armor to all allies (an extension of HP) and a Healing over Time buff, which makes him a very decent counter to the burns, bleeds and poisons.

Catalina I think should be fast. She’s an average speed yellow Nashgar, although I do like that her skill hits fairly hard for her average at least and still think she’s great.

Sparrow is basically a 3* version of Sartana, which makes her pretty good for her rarity.

But my favorite hero so far is Vittoria. Best 3* in the game so far, imo. 132% damage to target, + 5 additional hits to random enemies. The less enemies that are left, the stronger she hits; with a 3.1 green weapon I’ve seen 150 damage per hit, which translates to 900 damage (and that’s basically around the level of a 5* snipe, which is insane)

Sidenote – Getting ascension items sucks right now. Just chests really. There’s no Rare quests that rotate with them yet… Most players are stuck with 3*s as a result. I really hope we get some way to get guaranteed ascension materials in the future, as we’re seriously bottlenecked.

2 Likes

me too, got only one crowbar :frowning:

1 Like

Is anyone else getting bit star war machines?

That’s more star wars imitating history :grin:

The original is the WWII Katyusha or ’ Stalin’s Organ’

220px-RIAN_archive_303890_A_battery_of_Katyusha_during_the_1941-1945_Great_Patriotic_War

2 Likes

When is the game available in Austria? Thanks.

I can’t answer that question, but I can say it’s not available in the states for iOS. Plus based on my conversations, I don’t expect to see it for a while.

That may be okay. I prefer the fantasy genre over war anyway.

I think they made this because they are losing the E&P game to Zynga. Clearly E&P was very successful and they want the revenue to keep coming. So once E&P is no longer theirs, they will focus on Puzzle Combat to essentially re-do what they did with E&P. I play both and it’s really the same game, but PC only just started season 2 so you can still hop in early.

I’m just a dude supporting my amazing alliance in PC. We have 2 slots left and we are looking for a few active people who like to have fun. Be forewarned, we are a chatty bunch who like to crack jokes and kill WMs lol. Come join us!

Alliance Search: JustPlayin

(Can someone help us kill this bastard?)

1 Like