Small Giants soft-launches Puzzle Combat

“Puzzle Combat incorporates match-three and RPG elements while giving players the opportunity to grow an army in an attempt to thwart all competition.”

Interesting-- doesn’t seem that different from Empires & Puzzles? I wonder if this is geared towards the younger market due to all the complaints of the game getting cutesy.

3 Likes

Maybe they should have spent more time fixing all the bugs and issues before rolling out a new game!!!

13 Likes

I wonder what the point of this is. I feel like it’s the same as E&P, but it’s set in a different era.

5 Likes

Yeah, I watched the tutorial on YouTube and it looks like the same concept, except now we take down … helicopters?

5 Likes

It certainly looks like the exact same game. I’m curious to see if it follows the same concept with alliances, wars and quests.

I’m not sure why they’d develop the same the same game but I’m sure they must have a good reason?

6 Likes

Ooo, I can already see Aegir in this game, a Leslie Nielsen’s lookalike blue cop hero!

6 Likes

Dumb question time. What is a soft launch?

It just means they’re not fully releasing or promoting it yet.

4 Likes

They are likely targeting a different demographic, but I’m not sure what demographic that is. E&P really captured lightning in a bottle. It’s hard for me to see this doing the same, but what do I know?

5 Likes

Looks like a great place for us to recruit for our alliances :joy:

7 Likes

Combatants will be thrown off a heli. So pulls are throws there and they are going to provide CotWs…

Combatants of the Week :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it runs off the same base code. You’d only have to update the artwork that is overlaid. Double the number of promoted titles and only marginally more work, I guess.

The fact that you get a Layla stand-in and a Bane stand-in as your first two heroes suggests this.

12 Likes

Doesn’t seem like many players from E&P will start up an account on this game…who is the market? COD players?

If it does well it will likely be followed by Puzzle Planets or Puzzle Galaxy with spaceships and aliens.

Age of Legends, Forces of War and Dark Galaxy by Uken Games in 2010 were the same game with sci fi, modern and fantasy skins.

9 Likes

They are targeting current ep players as a sidekick game while waiting flags to refill.
Seems the same mechanism and gameplay. Prepare for buying another gems to buy combatan heroes

1 Like

Probably a reskin. Game of War / Mobile Strike / Final Fantasy did the same thing. You milk it dry then start over as a brand new game for new suckers to throw money at…

Edit - plus if you start over, it’s a level playing field instead of end game players who are too far ahead of brand new players.

7 Likes

same game just targeted at a different audience that isn’t into elves and fantasy stuff

6 Likes

The match 3 game is a different type. Has the squares and the 4lines are directional bombs. Don’t like it.

2 Likes

And there aren’t blue gems to buy, only green emeralds… So completely different game.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

13 Likes

Getting this vibe…
Cobalt Company = Cobras
Falcon Force = G. I. Joe

1 Like