Small Giants soft-launches Puzzle Combat

E & P with guns? Yes please!

Will this ever be available in the USA?

Wouldn’t mind this available IOS Australia too. So I can start on a more equal footing

1 Like

Can’t speak for the staff, but I can quote them :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you Dave. Much appreciated

I don’t mind it. When you’re tired of looking at the same screens for months on end… Gameplay is slightly different, uses other aspects of match 3 games. But to start again from scratch is probably too much work for me. Life is short!

1 Like

It certainly discourages multiple accounts in E&P where I don’t like travelling the same road multiple times… (In that sense Atlantis hard is a bit annoying)

J’ai tester et perso je suis fan etant un joueur plutôt hl sur empire cela ne m’empêche pas d’apprécier puzzle combat même si très similaire le fait que ce soit plus contemporain me plaît.

A quick update with some tips to help those who are curious to check this fun addicting money-grab :smiley:

• Focus on 3* heroes first, just like E&P. Don’t even bother with 4* or 5*. There are no quests to get their needed ascension materials yet, and there likely won’t be until much later. Just like E&P, color stacking is the best, having a wide bench of 30 good heroes is better than having just 5 amazing heroes.

• Also focus on 3/* weapons. But! Level up at least one weapon 2* or higher of each color, to level 2.1.
    To upgrade weapons (ascend them), you need to feed them a weapon of the same star rank as the ascension they’re at. So that means for a 3* weapon, you feed it a weapon at level 1.1, then a weapon at level 2.1.
    If that sounds like a massive grind… well that’s because it is! :wink:

• There is a color summon now, thank goodness. Save your pulls for those when you’re hurting in a color, at this point it’s worth doing because you’re gonna want to color stack.

• There are titans now. Nothing different either, same rules apply, hit the weak spot. The only tiny difference is the matching options, but that’s more of an overall gameplay difference. It just means you need to get used to making square 2x2 matches and what matches produce vertical clear-5 bullets (which are great for stunning the titan).

• Leveling up special skills is more grindy than E&P. Focus on one hero at a time, preferably an offensive one for the extra punch. You need skill books and iron. Skill books are the real problem to get, they had a quest for them recently but it was way, waaaay too hard to get the epic and legendary skill books.

• Healers are overall worse in this game, they only heal specific numbers of HP rather than percents. With special skills being difficult to upgrade, expect your healing to stay focused on item use for a while.

• Stages 7-1, 9-1 and 11-8 have the best loot and recruits ratio. :wink: It didn’t even take 2 months and we’ve already noted good grinding stages.

9 Likes

I just had a Mystic Vision ad for Puzzle Combat!

And it appears its now in the UK App Store (iOS)

I can barely spare enough time to keep one E&P account fully active, so I don’t think I will be exploring this for now!

3 Likes

Anyone know if this E&P clone has the same nerfed tournaments and unusable academy buildings? Just curious if they decided to give the good stuff to their new game lol.

lol no, not yet anyways. Unless you count the useless training school (training camp) levels. Those are still there, and they’re just as useless as they are in E&P (literally nothing changed).

Is there any dedicated line or discord groups for puzzle combat yet? Playing it as a sideline & would like to learn a bit more

1 Like

Not that I’ve noticed.

But they just made a major update to the game. They rebalanced basically every hero and weapon (i.e. troop). So whatever information we knew before, isn’t accurate anymore.

Just that stages 11-8 and 9-1 are still the best for grinding. That’s about it, really.

1 Like

Still not released in Australia but iOS has released the copycat game which I checked out yesterday . Def some things SG can cp[y itself
Chest in raids for 5 battles , get some small loot and seems to reset 4 hours, daily summons tokens more freely given and it also has 3 star troops

I found this game months ago but it isn’t available in the US. It isn’t on the Google store and I tried to get the APK from a website but as of v.0.9.x it wouldn’t install. V 0.10.x is out now and I will try it but they did reply to my email saying it wasn’t in the US with v 0.9. I know it is a soft release but it looks interesting. I know its and EP overlay but I tried the Mythwars clone and that has good ideas but the game is slow and clunky. If they fix it to run better it could be a fun game though it is an exact clone. This game is the same with other art. Makes me wonder if this is where things are going since EP is really getting complex with skins, etc.

I know they said they have a whole different crew working on this but who knows. They are rich beyond their wildest dreams with the 750 million dollar buyout from Zynga yet they don’t want to share the love…LOL. Maybe they will give us good stuff at Halloween and really good stuff at Christmas like last year. Free HOTM? NOT!!!

@DaveCozy
I’m really enjoying this, wish there was an official forum for it though :slight_smile:

Would you be kind enough to go through the weapon upgrade process again, I managed to get a 5* yellow weapon (Roadblock) and somehow upgraded it to 2.1, if I want to upgrade it to 3.1, I need another 5* weapon at 2.1, is that correct? Then to upgrade it to 4.1, I need
yet another 5* weapon at 3.1. All these other 5* weapons I’m feeding to my original Roadblock don’t need to be other Roadblocks, they just need to be 5* rated weapons?

Do you have any favourate heros yet? I quite like Astrid, although all that weight she’s carrying up top must slow her down :wink:

I’m wondering which colour will use the 5* encrypted memory card ascension mat that comes with this weeks special offer, but also thinking you’ll probably need another 5 of them :frowning:

I don’t mind :slight_smile:

Any weapon at level 2.1 works actually. That can be a 2* weapon at level 2.1, which is obviously what I would recommend (don’t feed or disassemble 5* weapons!)

Same thing for upgrading it to 4.1, I’d recommend a 3* weapon at level 3.1

And yes, to fully ascend a 5* weapon you’ll eventually have to feed it another weapon at level 4.1…

It’s very grindy, more so than troops in E&P if you can believe that! This system consumes a lot of food (to level up weapons) and metal (to upgrade them when you feed another weapon)

Last I heard they will have forums when the game is launched worldwide :slight_smile: no idea on when exactly that’ll be though

1 Like

@DaveCozy, who are you in Puzzle Wombat, dude?

1 Like

Check the Real Canada alliance in the leaderboard :slight_smile:

1 Like