Skip Farholme?

The players here on the forum are very helpful. I’m hoping they can help you as I’ve read your post three times and I don’t think I understand what you’re saying.

I’ll leave it to the “game experts” to offer you advice :smile:

1 Like

I guess he’s referring to challenge event despite this thread is about Farholme Pass :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess it was the word tournament that threw me off.

2 Likes

Hi, that is why I said I’m a moron, the two seem to have scrambled together, but I edited the post to clarify things. I don’t quite know what the character requirements for Farholme Pass are anymore but I did mention that it autofilled me with healers and I only had one attack hero, a totally unloved Mnesseus (L 1.03).

Whoever I need to get to ever complete this even on rare is beyond me. Sadly I was advised to use Brienne as food in the game chat as well as 3x4* yellows (which oddly came up again in the next summons).

I think you mistake challenge events with rare quests.

Each month there is one challenge event with three tiers - first one is limited to 3* heroes and 2* troops, send one allows 4* heroes and 3* troops, in the last tier you can use 5* heroes and 4* troops. Players compete in challenge events by scoring points and climbing up the leaderboard. But those events are difficult to complete for a new player, even the 3* stage. Keep gaining experience and gathering heroes and some day you’ll be able to complete it. If you’re looking for specific advice regarding how to compose your teams, the best place to ask questions is the Gameplay Help & Tactics category.

This thread is about Farholme Pass. It’s a rare quest. There are no difficulty tiers and no competition, you just get guaranteed rewards after finishing consecutive stages like in every quest - but rare quest have better rewards including 3* and 4* ascension items.

I think it wasn’t the good advice. Brienne is a good 3* and I would feed a 4* hero only if I already had duplicates of it.

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to complete a quest like Fairholme for almost a year (free to play). It was thrilling when i finally suceeded.

4 Likes

It certainly sounds like you’re not getting good advice from your team mates. I recommend you ask first on this forum and/or consider joining a good teaching alliance, who I doubt would ever advise you to feed away those heroes.

1 Like

No, not my alliance members, those people who populate the chat function. General; it is people who have no intention of playing; Peers is a social clique not open and then Advanced is another clique but 2 girls gave me advice which after hours of reading was 50/50 or maybe 75/25 at best.

Personally I avoid the global chat rooms like the plague. I prefer a well-moderated forum like this one.

7 Likes

The global chat is full of trolls. I never went there anymore after the first month of playing.

1 Like

The only thing that auto-populates heroes for me is Raid Tournament, and it usually chooses the worst assortment of heroes ever so i always change it.

Without screenshots, i cannot be sure what event/quest/tournament you were doing. help!

P.S. Aside from the Forum here, many folks go onto Line chat to find help. If you have Line, i’m happy to invite you to various rooms there. My ID is chibipotato16

1 Like

Hi Rook, thanks for taking the time, yes Farholme Pass is where the first 8 levels were fine, the 9th challenging and the 10th made it abundantly clear that if I tried again I would just be wasting more costly consumables. I did try the easiest setting (rare) which should be doable with a well balanced and selected 3* attack team (I have about 18 3*, 3:50’s I think). I also appreciate that apparently Brienne would have been the game changer but it can’t just all come down to her? I did try level one on ‘legendary’ and while I got through it fine, I was out of confidence and skill. I’m glad the developers limit what you can expend in any one attack, that’s thoughtful.

The other one I got confused about was one of those 24 hour things (it was so bad i didn’t even enter it in my book). As far as I can ascertain I was limited to clerics looked at the auto populate, looked at my SGG available roster and only had one cleric available with attack skills, a level 1.03 Mnesseus (very narrowly missed out on being food). No reds allowed. I apologise for wasting peoples time but have finally answered coherently I hope. PS, it is the devil taking screen shots with an iPad.

And yet I am at the point where I have 7 farsight telescopes but NO tome (I had one from Farholme but used it elsewhere).

I would gladly trade you tomes for telescopes if that were possible, unfortunately the game doesn’t allow that for obvious reasons. I always seem to get plenty of the items I don’t currently need and none of the ones I need.

Farholme Pass is a rare Quest (you can’t choose “Rare”), so i think you must be referencing something else.

The events that have 10 levels, and come in rare, epic, or legendary settings (not necessarily in this order) are:

• Guardians of Teltoc
  • Pirates of Corellia
  • Knights of Avalon
  • Fables of Grimforest
  • Riddles of Wonderland

YES, for a 3*, Brienne is just that [darn] good; i highly recommend you keep trying till you get her.

At 4*, it will be Boldtusk who has a similar special.

3 Likes

There is a moment where the legendary heroes will overgrown our d-blade, ToT, scopes, rings, tonics, tabbards…etc collection.
As a p2p turn c2p turn f2p…lol, I used to have 7 d-blades and 5 tomes with only Quintus as a legendary hero. After 9 months, I’ve got more than 10 legendary heroes vying for 2 tomes…sigh!
The day I skip Farholme Pass is the day I quit the game.

1 Like

You’ve been playing for 9 months and you have more than 10 legendary heroes? I’ve been playing for 10 months and I only have 2. I have several tomes and Damascus blades, but lacking the other mats. Can’t even finish the 2 stupid 5 stars I was finally lucky enough to pull. Big fat PASS on Farholme for me, until they make the rest of the required mats more easily obtainable.

1 Like

I used to do as much as 20 - 30 pulls on every event until march of this year and got only Quintus in return.
Turn c2p, I pulled Richard, Thorne and a bonus of Kunchen and Anzogh with 300 gems each on consecutive months.
Being and f2p, I recently pulled Rumplestiltskin and Sartana in a single pull on a different day with gems.
Lianna, 2x Kadilen, Isarnia and Obakan are products of rushed to completion tc20.
So far, I’ve had maxed Richard, Lianna, Quintus and Anzogh with Kunchen being in final tier.
Completing the rare quest is a definite ‘must’!.

1 Like

Red was reflected but still wouldn’t have been allowed in a 'rare’team. I am devoted to to my 3.60 Boldtusk. Sabina (4.xx), BT and gormek (3.60) I would doomed without for the entire game.

PS: I’m at stronghold 19 so I guess it is more than 2 months for TC20.

1 Like

Close to a month to be exact. After you’re done with tc20, it will takes another week for a legendary heroes chances research.

2 Likes