Skip Farholme?

Hello,
WHY? Are you not going to do any pulls ever? Save all jewels, Atlantis coins , tokens?
How many 5*’ do you have? How many decent 5*'s are there?
I don’t spend a lot, manly, Atlantis Rise, but i will NOT skip any events, no matter how many items i stored.
My surprised opinion.
Have fun.
Wolf9
:sunglasses:

F2P here. I’ve got 25 compasses and 2 gloves. I’m gonna finish Farholme to get gloves for Tibs and my other unfinished 4* heroes.

I’d only skip Farholme if I had too much work, or if something happened irl.

3 Likes

I’ll pile on. I’d say never skip the chance for free ascension materials! Personally, if I have 5 of something, I consider myself almost out!

2 Likes

No it’s not enough. You will regret it later

1 Like

Heresy you say? Glances guiltily at pile of Tomes stacked up for a bonfire.

In my defence I’m hoping a good number of them will become Damascus Blades but at this point I’ll take pretty much any other 4* AM. I mean they keep landing on my doorstep like junk mail and once you’ve read one you’ve read them all, would it kill them to come up with a revised edition or volume two?

Re: OP - Even with my situation of Tomes I’d still be tempted to buy a deal with a Tome if one popped up tomorrow for its re-roll potential in Alchemy Lab (granted I’d prefer Lady Luck to grant a DBlade deal instead) so a free Tome from a Rare Quest is a no-brainer for me.

1 Like

What?!

No, no, no…

I know I’m just repeating what’s already been said, but never ever pass up free mats, especially 4* ones. Even if you don’t need them now, there may come a day when you do, and when that day comes, you’re going to be so upset with your past self for passing up on those free mats. I mean, I have 21 tomes in my inventory currently, which is way ahead of the rest of my mats, but even still I went straight toward that quest as if I had no tomes at all and yanked it from those little dragon arms (are they dragons? pshht, idk)

So anyway, yeah, get your butt out there and get that tome before it leaves for good! Your future self will thank you :blush:

3 Likes

No. It is a plausible thing for a player who can’t finish it, though. It’s not just the materials, but It also often has a trainer hero at the end, which has value. I’ve bought VIP twice, and am certainly not rolling in 5* heroes, but my mindset is such that when I see something that is essentially a big sign for…

“Useful free stuff here”

I stop and get something useful, even if I don’t need it right now.

1 Like

Count your lucky stars… Before Farholme, I had ten compasses and 1 gloves (Saving for Kirill or Rigard). Now I can ascend both of them. Yay war teams! Damascus Blades and Tomes of Tactics are pretty balanced for me, though.

Now, just have to kill Ursena to have a spare glove in store (which Scarlett may demand at any minute…)

Never ever skip if you are capable of completing a rare quest.
You will never lose from completing it.

Get as many unfarmable ascension material as you can. You can never tell RNG that you are outpacing the stock of one material over the others. Again, RNG. You may never know whether you will get 5 damascus blades later from your chests, mystic visions, etc. Skipping ideal quests is a silly thing to do.

Got Tome from Farholme. Felt a bit unsettled. Got Damascus from Mystic Vision today. Now they’re even again. All is right with the world.

1 Like

I’m skipping it. I know it’s smart to gather any unfarmable mats whenever you can get them, my problem is that I already have enough tomes and gloves for several 5* heroes, but I’m severely lacking in the other mats (darts and tonics, etc.). Based on my loot history, I figure I will most likely come across more tomes long before I have enough of the other mats I’ll need for my 5* heroes. For me personally, it makes more sense to use my world energy flags farming for fodder to continue leveling the heroes I already have (and actually have the necessary ascension materials for).

Not that there’s anything wrong with going for them, gloves and tomes are uber rare and it’s a good idea to pick them up when you can, I just don’t see myself needing any more anytime soon. At least not unless a crapload of 5* heroes and other 4* ascension mats suddenly fall into my lap (at which time I will immediately begin construction on a porcine flight control tower).

Agreed.

Plus…there is NOTHING else going on right now. No Event, No Trial. And the other quest up right now is junk for ANY level player.

1 Like

No. Twenty characters of no.

Why would you skip any chance for a free 5* mat? Even if you’ve got 40 you should be doing it, it costs you nothing.

2 Likes

I have two accounts, 1 I spend on and the other is F2P. I will not intentionally skip a rare quest in either. A few weeks ago the TC20 in my free game went crazy and I went from 8 scopes and 10 tabards I didn’t currently need to not enough of either in about 2-3 weeks. (Isarnia, Thorne and Domitia x2) Ans yes, they will all get mats eventually unless TC20 gives me something better before then.

@Gunslinger I never ever ever skip a rare quest. To me, they are the one non-RNG source of ascension materials in the game, and i always finding myself needing those, sooner or later. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You got something better to do with your flags?

3 Likes

This topic seems like a troll topic

2 Likes

EDIT: Okay, I’m officially losing the plot; everything is a jumble in my head, The last tournament (SORRY: Event) was ten stages and Farholme Pass had like 3 was it this one as it was a little comical? Autofill filled me up with 4 healers (all I was allowed) and my only attack hero was a 3* (L1.03) Mnesseus. Obviously, healing things to death was boring and try to keep your only attacker alive (worth 300 pts).

I’m not sure I’d waste the farmable resources again on the Tourney either, unless the RNG starts giving me something useful before then (last week a moderator was my lucky charm for a day; it was awesome.). The thing (RNG) is obsessed with giving me battle manuals and scabbards (and useless yellow and blue 3* things).
I selected lowest difficulty (because of stated above reason) and had emblemed up heroes. Levels 1-8, I don’t think I actually took any damage. Level 9 ended up as a duking contest where I won with 25 seconds to go. Level 10? I was mercilessly and relentlessly assaulted and I only inflicted less than half the available damage (2 of 3 bosses looking healthy as anything). I used at least 12 2*potions (the farming requirements are simply out of whack with reason and both my and my teams ability).

There was no useful advice anywhere except that “Rare” is easy. I may have asked but it seemed like questions weren’t encouraged here so I didn’t. The game chat is just that and really cliquey. Follow any advice you get there at your peril or get confirmation elsewhere.