Sergei and Miki overwrite each other

Sergei’s special (2nd level) gives +100% normal attack that stacks with similar up to a limit of +160%

Miki’s special gives a health-contingent bonus to normal attacks of +130%, stacking with similar up to +170%.

As written, when both are triggered, you should have +100% normal attack constantly, and +160% (limited by Sergei) when the enemy has more health than you.

In practice, each overwrites the other, so you can only have one active at a time.

Since Sergei’s 2nd special skill is the same as Miki’s, they will overwrite each other, so it’s working as intended.

4 Likes

they are not the same. Putting aside the different metrics, there is no qualifier on Sergei’s, but there is on Miki’s.

Further, they explicitly state they stack with similar, so if they don’t, the text is a lie

i don’t know that anyone’s tried to combine similar big attack stacks like this because the only two contexts i can think of where a player might try to combine them is on event teams and titan teams. in those contexts, players would usually bring only one “big attack up” hero.

in my experience with the game, there’s a difference between “similar” and “same.” Miki, Sergei x2, and Tarlak are the “same” stat boost despite the fact that there’s a health qualifier on Miki’s boost. it’s the same phenomenon where Brienne’s and Black Knight’s scaling attack up boosts get overwritten by a regular attack up boost like Grevle or Kiril. they’re not literally the same because one scales and one is fixed, but they are the “same” in that they’re regular attack up buffs, so they overwrite each other. it’s the same phenomenon by which Athena’s and C. Brienne’s scaling defense down gets overwritten by, say, Tiburtus’s regular defense down. not exactly the same effect, but the “same” class of debuff.

so the big attack boosts “stack” with “similar” effects in that they stack with “similar” attack ups like a titan or bear banner but overwrite each other because they’re the “same” class of attack boost. so you can stack elemental defense downs with regular defense downs with special skill defense downs (e.g., Mist) because they’re different classes of defense down. or stack attack up with Glenda’s special skill buff because they’re different classes of attack up.

if there’s a way to write this phenomenon without creating a wall of text on the respective cards, then sure, SG should go ahead and do that, but i don’t think it’s inconsistent with the wordings on the card, and i don’t think it’s a bug. i also don’t think it’s necessary to rewrite the cards, for the record.

3 Likes

Not a bug. Many different special skills overwrite each other. Tarlak and Miki have been around for a while and working as intended.
The key here is they all buff normal attack.

5 Likes

Just wanted to say thank you, sgg, for fixing the description of Sergei and Miki. Was Tarlak also updated?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.