September 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

The bait and switch claims are for the Chinese heroes, not xnol

1 Like

Balance changes are generally good for the game as it keeps thingsā€¦balanced. I think we think about whether these changes are deserved or not. Those affected want compensation, but I donā€™t hear as much when they got to benefit from the meta for so long. No compensation is enough to offset the unhappiness.

What always gets me is the devotion to only changing special skills for heroes. It shows that stats donā€™t matter.

The reasons for nerfs donā€™t really matter either. If they nerf we can ask a number of questions, but it doesnā€™t really matter.

As for the actual changes:
W3K: I didnā€™t run into this too much so I donā€™t have a great opinion, but Iā€™ve seen posts from others about the problems. Why Jing needed to get nerfed too here I donā€™t know.
Xnol was the hero I said needed the biggest nerf when I applied to beta 7 months ago. Direct mana gain is too powerful, but surprised no change to his impact of dark tiles on defense.

As for the buffs: I never know why these heroes get chosen. Iā€™m not sure it actually changes the chance of using heroes or if it just helps those that already use those heroes.

4 Likes

There were quite a few bait and switch rants about Xnol. More than about the W3K heroes.

Mana troop. I just looked and I have a magic troop that I could level and put on him, so I think thatā€™s what Iā€™ll have to do. Kinda sucks that they didnā€™t use my idea of giving unholy 15% and all other elements 10%. That literally would have solved EVERYTHING!

1 Like

I feel like a majority of peopleā€™s rant about xnol is that they could no longer match 7/8/9 tiles on a purple mono with him.
Iā€™m sorry, am I supposed to relate to that in some way?

Because that wouldnā€™t have affected the Xnol/Ludwig problem nearly as much :joy:

True, sometimes it doesnt seem like they realise that the lie is so obvious to all players, we do our homework too, rather just do it and dont try and justify your nasty greediness SG.

My Neith thanks you!

10 Likes

That isnā€™t a problem on defense, itā€™s a problem on offense and they donā€™t care about that.

Spot on Cheds.
Thats why i pulled out of top tier alliances for a while as i got fed up with facing 30 Xnolphod tanks every war. I needed a breakā€¦ not that xnolphod was too difficult, but as you stated, it was getting boring.
I did mention to everyone on here that because of this , he will end up getting nerfed in order to maintain diversity.
SG repeatedly have stated that one of their main reasons for nerfing is to maintain diversity.

Have fun with CC Obakan, just leveled mine, heā€™s very tanky.

1 Like

Exeera??? Where is her buff?

1 Like

Yet another abysmal and unethical decision by the overlords of empires and puzzles ā€¦ a Few thoughts here ā€¦

1. They need to understand that people who play at a high level relishes the challenges and new metas and get disinterested whenever silly changes like these comes to the fore.

2. Those who continue to complain and whine about heroes being too strong just need to raise their game or just play at the skill level that accommodates them. You have delusions of grandeur want to mix it up with the big boys and climb to the top, but lack the tenacity to do so . Reroll please ā€¦or play at your level

3. Enough talk, If we really want to make a difference we can , if we continue to just finger punch the keys on our devices and not actually make the necessary adjustments to hit em where it hurts then this recurring decimal will always be. Strength in Unity ā€¦

1 Like

I refused to pull in that portal because they charged more and gave you lessā€¦ or more season 1 crap.

I have Xnol LB and emblemed.

Iā€™m very happy that this is the first month that Iā€™ve not spent a single cent on the game.

I think Iā€™ll continue this way until Iā€™ll get bored of the game once and for all, and quit.

Thanks for the continuous nerf, SG! (and for the flood of heroes)

4 Likes

Like the buffs to under used heroes, but disagree with -10% mana for Xnolphod, how about starting with 5%, overcorrection puts heroes on the shelfšŸ‘ŽšŸ½

3 Likes

I understand your point, but I have a different view on it. Nerfs are never a welcome thing from every angle.

1 Like

I dont have Xnol, tried for him but never got lucky. Im kinda happy about the nerf and not because he was a pain for me to fight as i have decent enough teams to consistantly beat teams with him. I was just so goddamn bored seeing him everywhere. In war 95% Xnol tanks, in raids, a bit less but still going against the same hero over and over and over again is just simply not fun. Actually im kinda bored of the whole purple tank meta as well, would like to try else but ā€œThis is the meta so if you want to be competitive you are forced to do the same thing as everyone elseā€. Maybe he will be a bit less popular this way. I only feel bad for the F2Ps and VC2Ps who had extreme luck and pulled him and he was their best hero.
PS: One more thing, the 4 Xnol loop used in tower events was a plain and simple pay 2 win god-mode so im glad that is not possible anymore.

2 Likes

can we get rid of the tower nerf where mana decreases after every use of item/special. Obviously that was directed at Xnolā€¦ and now it is unecessary.

4 Likes

Arrrg. Xno impacts your whole team. I updated not just heroes, but mana troops. Now all those resources (esp. on troops) are wasted. Tons of resources down the drain as there is no benefit to mana with the reduced 10% boost.

1 Like

What are you on about? Relate to what? Never mind. Youā€™re free to feel however you choose to.