September 2022 Balance Update - Discussion

:joy::joy: Sure. They can “say” whatever they want, Zynga’s quarterly revenue for E&P says something completely different. Once I see those quarterly numbers drop a significant amount, I’ll believe it.

Tada!!! You found the root cause :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sad to see that 915 power after being LB’d. And that defense :frowning: I really want to level her, but an upgrade to her skill doesn’t change those terrible stat lines. I only consider each hero release and change from a defensive aspect because I have so many heroes to use on offense. Was dreaming of a Jade, Ruby, Neith set up with two heavy hitters on defense, but sadly they are all glass in high cups.

Excuse the language I’m about to use…

The fact that these balance updates are almost exclusively a whale’s issue, with barely any such changes for even an EPIC hero I own is pretty funny to watch.

Also they manage people not using their Sun and Moon heroes? Have they considered adding another set of EPIC and RARE heroes to fix that issue? We… still just gonna have “Rounds” that’s literally 2 heroes max that aren’t not LEGENDARY heroes? Do they need help with that? Could even think of a minion summoner, fiend summoner, minion or fiend destroyers? Could use some mini-variants of those Legendaries.

4 Likes

480 so it’s probably dependant on full attack path and LB. I didn’t LB’s mine.

Maybe Xnol needed a nerf or maybe he didn’t?

But what I do know is that a increase of mana with 10% doesn’t do anything really. So now he has 40% heal and negative mana generation for purple tiles.

A hero with 2% or 4% emblem bonus with a lvl 30 MANTROOP will have the following charging speeds after Xnolpod have used his special.

Very Fast.…… 6 tiles (6 w/o Xnolpod)

Fast…….……. 7 tiles (7 w/o Xnolpod)

Average……… 8 tiles (9 w/o Xnolpod)

Slow…………. 10 tiles (11 w/o Xnolpod)

Very Slow……. 11 tiles (12 w/o Xnolpod)

A hero with 2% emblem bonus and a lvl 30 MAGICTROOP will have the following charging speeds after Xnolpod have used his special.

Very Fast.…… 5 tiles (6 w/o Xnolpod)

Fast…….……. 7 tiles (7 w/o Xnolpod)

Slow…………. 10 tiles (11 w/o Xnolpod)

A hero with 4% emblem bonus and a lvl 30 MAGICTROOP will have the following charging speeds after Xnolpod have used his special.

Very Fast.…… 5 tiles (6 w/o Xnolpod)

Fast……………. 6 tiles (7 w/o Xnolpod)

Slow…….……. 9 tiles (11 w/o Xnolpod)

Sure there are scenarios where he could be useful, like to give back mana from a hit from CAlasie or help out with some other mana ailment. Also if you have a slow hero that are druid, monk, sorcerer and a lvl 30 magic troop. And synergies with other manabuffers will ofcourse help out as well but I think they made an A+ and very versatile hero into a much lower grade and very niche. A balance should balance a hero and not change the total essence of the hero.

On the positive side it will be kinda nice to fight new tanks and on the negative side it seems like I just lost a limit broken hero. But in a month or two I will have forgotten about him just like Telluria, Vela and who else who has fallen behind.

5 Likes

Zynga is well known to buy games, maximise profit quickly then dump the game once they have run it into the ground. Anyone can clearly see they’re continuing this trend with all the daily offers we now get compared to when the game was owned by SGG

Again, all you have to do is look at raid tournaments and what position is required week on week to reach top 1% to understand that the players base is continually dwindling

If you don’t want to believe that players are steadily leaving the game due to immoral bait and switch tactics then I don’t know what to tell you but it is definitely happening. Pointing to revenue is not an indicator to counter the points I’ve made either, it just goes to show they know how to drain every last dollar out of the game, like they have done for years

Many countries starting to outlaw gambling style gacha games will also only serve to exacerbate the issue…

3 Likes

I agree, people should know by now that nerfs are on the way for dominant heroes such as Xno. I refused to pull hard for him last time exactly for that reason, and ohhh am I feeling good about this.

Now, about your list of future nerf candidates, sorry I don’t see C Panther as being one. C Freya is tough but has counters. Rhys may deserve to be toned down, but not sure that this will happen until we see a lot of those bards portals

I just learnt today, this company just brought two dots. TWO DOTS, a decent mobile game out there that I played so much back in the day. Needless to say I was pissed AF.
I rather they get brought over by King (candy crush Devs) at this point

1 Like

Xnolphod lost his only role and that is bumping slow heroes to 9 tiles match on offense.
Why would you use Xnol in current form? He wont make any hero go faster at any speed and his healing is subpar to current standars…

Ariel has same or bigger heal, cleanse and 24% mana gen compared to Xnol in current form…

Its BIGGEST SCAM to date! Telluria and Velas are HOTMS and were much easier to acquire…

If they wish to RE-DO Xnolphod and take away his unique role, they have to give him proper compensation .

For example : 30 heal, 10 mana gain and instead extra 10% heal (which was now added), give him mindless attack on random enemy for 3 turns (it goes with his lore of being mindflayer). That would make him unique again as a healer… Adding 10% to his heal is a disgrace, beacuse that change still makes him below average healer nowadays… Nobody played Xnol for his healing, that was just a cherry on top.

Papyros as secondary PASSIVE gives now almost same amount of mana!! But he actually has many usefull abilites compared to current Xnol.

3 Likes

Thank you for quick math what I knew by heart. Its certanly good to see it for everyone, how ridiculous and braindead this change was!

Xnolphod is now without a role! Better to bring normal Rigard with costume bonus! You get same amount of healing, GET CLEANSE and save yourself 6 TABARDS!!!

Completely unjustifed change, when new heroes are coming into game way overbuffed compared to more than a year old Xnolphod (Hawthorn, C2 Obakan,…)

6 Likes

Without reading other comments I have to say this nerf was really really bad. :-1:
Leaving a hero which I hardly summoned, raised and LB completely unusable at attack (not sure about defence yet). This was very bad move. :-1: :-1: :-1:

4 Likes

I’m glad i deleted this game after i was a member of The Avangers that winned over 7DD. After C. Alasie was debuff, i decided to quit. Hope you enjoy the game that SG dominated to change depending on their mood.

What You think about the new Changes to the heroes, specially to Xnolphod???

There’s a big discussion going on here

1 Like

I think a more thought out balance would have been +20% mana increase for dark heroes. All other heroes get 10% mana increase.

In that way they would have balanced him on defense and he would still be usable on offense.

Also interesting timing with the nerf when they just released Nemesis that finally hade a counter to Xnolpod?

6 Likes

His nerf was unnecessary and too much. He alone is not an issue.

3 Likes

Hi all, we have edited the balance update release notes to add more information under Jean-François & Salmon Loki.

4 Likes

That’s sad what you have told, but its life. In this situation what we can do is sticking our budget and enjoying what we have on our accounts. Only if we want to continue playing, if not we know what to do :stuck_out_tongue: . Have a nice one!

1 Like

İ think Neith is still bad. Just compare with Li Xiu:

Neith: hits 200% mana cut 20%
Li Xiu: hits 150% mana cut 20%

Neith only receives 2% mana bonus from emblem
Li Xiu receives 4% mana bonus from emblem and 5% from costume

Just 3 days ago i took emblems from my +18 Neith, i found long time i didn’t use her. After buff, i will not give emblem back to her. İ will continue using Li Xiu at very fast wars.

Li Xiu is 4*, more common and needs less materials.

İ know there will be no more buff to her, so i will forget her forever. RİP Neith