September 2021 Balance Update - Discussion

Karnov needs an indirect buff by making his mana slow on yellow allies dispellable

3 Likes

Iā€™m actually excited for dark lord. One of the weakest snipers before and now heā€™s on par with the rest

2 Likes

Funny thing is, when Crystalis was in beta before she was nerfed, people (including myself) asked to tone her down a bit to be more in line with other heroes that are fast and deal aoe damage - which they did, so Crystalis was an OK option a bit stronger than Vela but not OP. But few weeks later they released Morel and didnā€™t give a **** (ok, ok, they did a bit since initially he was like 220% to all and undispellable def down). So having Morel and Crystalis right next to each other itā€™s pretty obvious whoā€™d win.

What do we do now? Should we seek balance by toning down Morel, Frigg, Odin who are clearly too strong for their speed as compared to other heroes in the game? No, absolutely! Letā€™s buff Crystalis to be even stronger than Morel, thatā€™s the plan! Because the whale who now flanks with Morel, will definitely put another 2000$ in Villains portal to get an AoE blue with 10% more dmg.

Meanwhile Santa deals 150% to all while being slow mana but HO HO HO who cares, wait for costume.

28 Likes

Crystalis need this buff, she itā€™s worst than vela and be all know vela sucks now, vela was hotm but this one itā€™s event hero and one event hero must be stronger than hotm, in this form she gives you -attack in every turn and not directly like vela also weaker dot also weaker -attack.

1 Like

I guess we will find out tomorrow, but one is really curious about Dark Lord:

-if you extend the DoT with one turn, will it be

*one more round of 63pouson damage and 9% decrease of mana generation?

Or will it be:

*the same total amount of 189poisondmg and avg 18% mana choke divided over 4turns?

Curious!

1 Like

ā€œYo dawg, I heard you like power creep, so I put some power creep in your power creep, so you can power creep while you power creepā€ ~ Xzibit (probably)

3 Likes

Iā€™m assuming and hoping itā€™s the top one! If it was sharing it out over more turns it would be a nerf

2 Likes

Que pendejadas hacen empires mejor mejoren la fortaleza algo nuevo

It was my first thought - 235% to 3 on average speed is just bad, he was better than DL and Crystalis and now both red heros from villains are the worst from the event, its just not ok

3 Likes

I really thought that Akkorog has some chance to be compared to Faline, at least he has stronger first charge, but now he will be just straight up worst in every way, like wtf is this

1 Like

This guyā€™s gonna be so happy with this news :rofl:

And also +20 blem DL is already that high of an attack. Heā€™s gonna nuke someone with 480% damage

I am not going to complain about heroes getting a buff - so many now deserve oneā€¦ā€¦
But to be very honest, And probably blunt, I really do not understand what the devs and SG are doing with this game anymore.
We first have the fiasco this week of having to spend gems to completely finish the Magic Tower event. And now this buff balance.
I understand possibly why you have done it - in order to make them more desirable and start a cash grab frenzy.
But please - why these new (ish) heroes? It makes no sense to me other than to justify greed ā€¦ when so many ā€˜oldā€™ heroes deserve a buff first which would greatly improve QOL and player satisfaction. To name but a few:
Red Hood
Perseus
Santa
And (dare I say it) Telluria
Please everyone do not spin me the joke of - wait patiently they will soon get a costume that you can ā€œbuyā€ ā€¦ā€¦

21 Likes

Zuri and Faline buffs make absolutely zero sense. I wish they would at least explain the reasoning behind why they need to be ā€œbalancedā€

8 Likes

In my opinion, the reason is obvious - players did not spend enough money in the villains portal, and SG wants this aspect to improve.

4 Likes

He asked for zuri and Faline.

2 Likes

Oops, my bad - you are right, sorry.

In my opinion, the reason is obvious - players did not spend enough money in the villains and starfall circus portals, and SG wants this aspect to improve.

10 Likes

Iā€™m a bit surprised with this buff. I can understand Villians a bit as they could be slightly weaker than S4 and Circus+Slayers heroes. Itā€™s difficult to find a good reason for those two from Circus. In my opinion, they were already were good heroes.

1 Like

Disgustingā€¦

Players : hey SG, Toth is a fast hitter that does 215% dmg to 3 heroes (and gives a weak minion) while Feline does 290% dmg + gives a mana debuff (and has great stats).
Donā€™t you think we need balance here?

SG : sure! Letā€™s gives 330% dmg to Feline and make her mana debuff more powerfull !

ā€¦

Players : hey SG, Zuri is like a Delilah with better stats, better minions, better healing AND a cleanse. Some balance here?
SG : sure, letā€™s boost Zuri special !

ā€¦

See? SG really cares about having balanced heroes !

35 Likes

Just when magicgate is over, immediately circusgate starts. This is like a record for gates

9 Likes

10/10 worst balance update ever.

11 Likes