Sandbagging in Alliance Wars? Good Strategy or Cheating?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Quite a perplexing statement. I would love to have an immortal Zim. How does this work? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Will try next time in Tavern to summon for her :stuck_out_tongue:

Mother North in left corner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ouch !! Stop hitting me with your 120% damage, reducing my max health and giving me -54% defense against Nature for 4 turns. :stuck_out_tongue: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m a sandbagger, I like my opponent to take all attacks on in. I seem to play better when I am desperate. This last war just gone, I was up against a Heimdahl with a +16 Melendor flank. I hate green tanks! Just 57 points in it at the end (one relentlessly bad board). Nicely played worthy opponent, I won by about 6 tiles?:

Wish it was that easy. But no, no revive, just didn’t die, must be that cats-nine-life-thing or full moon, but was gone after fight, weird :smile: and no, I wasn’t intoxicated :joy:

1 Like

Classic wars shufflers. Respected people here have worked the numbers on this and it is really for chronic poor losers only. They ultimately get less loot when you take into account the titan penalty (there is a thread on it I believe); “war shuffle” maybe in the search? They rename things here all the time, it’s a miracle that search works…

1 Like

We are facing our opponent, one of whom set up his defence team with 5 of 1star heros which only give us 18 points.
These defence team should not be allowed guild points above 250k. Its cheating.

Someone give me answer regarding this issues and give them penelties for it.

Moderator edit as Naming and Shaming is prohibited by the #forum-rules.

Hiya,

I’ve merged your thread into an existing forum thread which answers the question or shares the same topic/idea that your thread does.

Feel free to read earlier discussion above. Tldr tho is:
“No, it’s not cheating. It’s a strategy that people are more than able to employ if they so choose.”

1 Like

Not only is it not c heating, but it’s also a really bad strategy.

For every member that sets a lower defense team on purpose, the points gained from beating a higher team rises to compensate.

Combined total of all D teams in any war is still going to be at least 1500.

If you each have 15 teams on the board of equal power, each team is worth 100 points.

If you have 15 teams, and say 10 of them decide to put up cheese cup dropping defenses that are only worth 50 points apiece (for a total of 500), the remaining 5 “normal level” defenses will now be worth 200 points each instead of 100.

This opens up a very beautiful opportunity for your team to take advantage of. Use your team’s strongest flags to take out the 200 point teams, and then use your lowest level flags to pick off all the cheese defenses.

A reset is still worth 1500 points either way.

1 Like

We did have a one player on the opposite side put a load of 1* in there team lately. Honstley was a close war we won by like maybe 50 points. If they set a good war team it could of been different all flags was used by both teams.

When you are a one man band. It can be effective so one person has to show their hand first and leave you more desperate and determined or work hard and if it is late in the AW you work hard and get 6 attacks in in the last hour… High risk at times…

You are talking about a different definition of sandbagging. Your definition is saving all attacks for the second half. This is a strategy I do use personally.

OP’s definition was putting up weak defense teams on purpose. That’s an awful strategy overall, even worse if you’re in a 1 v. 1 war.

If you’re in a 1 v. 1 war and you put up a cup dropping defense, your opponent is going to basically score 9000 points on you.

Basic “strategy” that the OP is talking about, is when a team that has mixed level players decides to tell their lowest level players to put up like 5 Aifes on their defense teams. That way, taking out those teams will only be worth a small number of points. The idea being that the opponents will “waste” all of their flags taking out these small teams while ignoring the stronger teams, and end up with a lower total score.

A smart team, however, will use their strongest teams to take out the strongest teams for reset, and use mostly mop up teams for the rest.

VS. the other version of “sandbagging,” (definition you are using) of saving all 6 flags for the second half of the war… this can be a very smart strategy, as it gives you a full view of the board and access to all of your attack teams at once in order to maximize their usefulness.

This is exactly why I save my war attacks for second half. Because if I go in during the first half… I use my top 15 heroes…

Second half, I no longer have those heroes available. So I have to now improvise based on what teams are left.

I hate improvising at the last minute. I like making a solid plan all at once and following the plan to the T.

MORE ADDITIONAL NONSENSE: My original alliance war team used to do a mixed strategy. Since we had mixed teams. First half, we would send in our lowest guys to wipe out their lowest guys so that they could reset. Then wipe them out again 6 hours later after they respawned. Then, finally, in second half of war, our big guys would wipe out their big guys, reset, let the low guys wipe out the low guys again while our big guys wiped out the big guys again… rinse and repeat until we ran out of flags.

There is also a name for that strategy, though I don’t recall what it is offhand.

1 Like

The team we have been matched with for alliance war has intentionally lowered their defense teams in order to disrupt the score distribution. This is the first time we’ve encountered something like this. A couple of players on our opponents’ team set their War defense below 1000 TP. Mind you, these players are level 43 and 52, so obviously these are not their real defense teams. Since their war defense teams are so low, it makes their available war points very low, therefore distributing other points to other players which mostly are higher TP.

My point is that, attacking these artificially low teams is like wasting a flag just to gain a very low amount of points then having to work harder to kill higher level players to make up for the points.

This strategy seems to be an exploit to manipulate war point distribution. Shouldn’t the points available for war points be based on the power of the player’s heroes NOT the defense they put on their War defense?

edit: removed screenshot d/t possibly violating forum rules

Welcome to the forum have a brouse at this

On a personal experience a few wars ago there was one player did the 1* treatment, we won was very close like 50 points. If they put a higher team we probably would of lost.

1 Like

Nobody obliges you or me to play with our best teams in wars…

It is a good strategy deppending on who’s doing it and when.

1 bad player among 19 full 4400+ will give more to the alliance with this method, around 22/24 points each suffered attack… 10 attacks = 240pts instead of 4/5 attacks for more than that (assuming 50pts = 5 attacks = 250pts).

You can ask others with weaker 6th teams to do that job.

GL

1 Like

I know there was some topics in the past about this, I want only confirm is it a legal to have something like this:

Isn’t the war system supose to give more then 36 points? I feel a underhanded tactic here, is it worth to report?

Edit: that person has better heroes wich I found in his Alliance tab:

1 Like

First, why should it be illegal? He does nothing against any rules.

Second, why complain? You get more points overall with a weaker team in the enemy formation. Just don’t kill it, the first two resets. Kill every other team and wait for the respawn.

3 Likes

In my opinion it should. Latley my Alliance Wars are matched in such a way that if some one is absent then it could be a lost war, wich is good. If u think this is good what would you say when all of you opponents in a AW had such defence team? How could one win such a war?
1 energy in a normal AW is worth about 130-150 points…

You know, that the whole enemy, all teams combined is worth around 1500 points.
If everyone uses a weak team it’s an easy win, you will get 1500 points each blackboard.

3 Likes