Ruskin's Journal

I have said this exact same thing!
And was always frustrated when updates cater to the smaller group.

But because that they do… makes it less credible that larger schools of small fish contribute an equal amount. If it really is a question of 12M versus 3M (which is definitely an “if”, but not an implausible one), then sadly… the 3M will take a back seat for this:

And this…

:point_up_2: we figured approximately 432,000 gems for that!
And then deducted an entire troop for trainers and crates. Which left an additional 60M ham for the other 3…

I hate to say it, but…
Like you, I spent more time than I can fathom in defense of balance and the ecosystem. People are very guarded about the amount of money they have spent. Usually the sentiment is "more than I should have". They are also very guarded about how much time they spend. To the point of being dishonest about it.

To some degree, we’re all junkies.
And in every degree, this is a gacha!

I think the advent of costumes alone answers the question about who the devs cater to. No amount of beta feedback, or forum posts will change the game’s direction. It will still be a gacha. Owned by Take-Two.
Who… in my humble opinion…
Overpaid!

2024 will be no different. Other than…
Increased pressure to spend.
Which will be sucked up, happily by them that need it, to satisfy something missing in their minds.

I recommend something to you. Because I like you!
Surrender my friend. Surrender…

Find your bit of fun.
Until it’s no longer fun.
And then find something else.

Next month the gacha might be short yet another million from its 20M average… The answer for those losses, will be the same.
More pressure :disappointed:

Watch the ship take on water.
Watch the women and children load into the rafts.
And pick up the fiddle! I’ve enjoyed your tune! But, personally… think I’m ready to hop on one of those rafts that’s floating away.

5 Likes