Ruben or Gefjon

Go ahead and max Rueben if u want to but I’d take Gefjon for now

1 Like

Interesting.

I haven’t bothered to look closely into the new raid formations. :flushed: I’m glad a lot of players seem to be enjoying them through.

I’m not too fussed about raid defence myself. I’m much more focused on war defence, since it impacts my alliance.

1 Like

Stats alone Gefjon is a better hero, higher attack, higher defense and higher health. 500% vs 512% damage on their hit should be similar damage if no minions are on the target.
Gefjon is much, much better if there are minions involved but you will never know whether or not it makes a difference unless someone is kind enough to record and share the battles.

Lianna’s problem on defense has always been that she is a glass cannon, hits hard but prone to shattering. Joon and to some degree Magni all have this “flaw”.
What we here on the forum do not know is the rest of your lineup apart from Telly so hard to give advice on specifics.

Stripping Emblems:
Do you have spare food and iron? You will need to dip into the bundles from PoV if placing them all at once, moving emblems is very expensive in terms of resources.

Yes, you will probably love using Gefjon, this is not in question.
After taking Lianna’s emblems away she is going to feel VERY weak because you are accustomed to the “improved” Lianna. Will she still serve in base form or is this a complete relegation to the bench?

1 Like

Thanks Sternman for your detailed help. Well I plan to go with double formation. Telluria +18 and Kunchen +12 in front row, and Vela, Poseidon and Gefjon (all three +18) in the back. How does that sound?

2 Likes

Literally my greatest joy in the game is Gefjon stealing Seshat’s minions.

Posted some friendlies in our alliance Line chat and every team I faced Seshat I made sure I stole her minions above all else. I’m super annoying like that.

3 Likes

I don’t have Gefjon. But I still think she is one of the best snipers in the game and I would definitely rank her higher than Reuben in a vacuum.

That said, I wouldn’t dismiss Reuben that easily. While Reuben doesn’t deal as much direct damage (usually), he is more beneficial to the team than Gefjon.

I have long said that Reuben paired with costume Marjana makes for a very interesting pair, both fast, both hit-3, and in the current setups they can even become hit-5 for half of the defense setups. I have tested my 3.70 Reuben along cMarjana and I’ve seen him deal 300+ damage to the target comfortably. I’m pretty sure that will easily jump to 400+ for a maxed Reuben and perhaps even close to 500 for a fully emblemed copy. A potential of 1200 - 2000 total damage (depending on defense setup) is pretty good in my book for a fast hero. Add in his ailment defense and tiny elemental link, and I wouldn’t disagree with anyone picking Reuben over Gefjon in these circumstances.

2 Likes

find it absurd to even consider him over gefjon.I

That’s a strange path, if you don’t mind me saying so. I might be wrong, but she’s too low on health IMO.

For comparison, I was able to take her to 885 - 824 - 1403 theoretically. Wouldn’t that be better?

Edit: Sorry I misread it. I thought you had her at +19 too.

1 Like

I just went all death :joy: I have Grazul and a V.fast healer in my red stack really does help to keep my snipers alive to fire

But I don’t see the value in the little extra health for 125 emblems so all my Rangers stop at 18

3 Likes

Seeing that line-up should lead to some rerolls. Don’t be discouraged if your win percentage goes down and you find the teams that beat you are stronger than before.
Those with weaker rosters will reroll and the stronger players will be the ones attacking, it will be a sign of progress.

Good luck and enjoy.

2 Likes

I would just use Gefjon in defense and keep cMarj as is. Normal Marjana is better for defense.

1 Like