Remove please the upside down pentagram symbol

I could care less but some think an inverted pentagram represents evil or Satanism.

1 Like

@Kerridoc @Rook I think this new thread should probably be merged to here?

2 Likes

Agreed @zephyr1, especially as the other post has a very educational response about what a pentagram actually is and its origins in history. I know I learned something from it.

1 Like

Dear SG,

I love this game. I chose it because it was a good vs evil game. I always thought the purple characters had made a decision to turn away from evil & use their powers for good; nevertheless I have made a commitment from the beginning to feed away heroes that were too dark, no matter what the level. I can trade away all the heroes with pentagrams in the same way; however, I am asking you to remove the upside down Pentagram symbol so I can continue to recommend the game. The use of the Pentagram in Witchcraft and Satanism and dark arts blurs the line between a fantasy game of good vs evil when it brings in religious symbols. I am not comfortable recommending this as a family friendly game as long as it is in use. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

3 Likes

Losing some players due to the pentagram with the new update. Lose the pentagram, win back some paying customers.

3 Likes

Canā€™t be serious. 20 things

Glad they didnā€™t include a swastika.

2 Likes

@JDerek this is clearly a concern for a number of people. Thereā€™s a main thread about this that Iā€™m going to suggest to the mods to merge this one into.

@Kerridoc @Rook FYI

1 Like

Good god, when did society become so fragile.

3 Likes

really ? imo this is just a game with fantasy stuff , should not be personal , many games also use pentagram stuff too , mix-ing fantasy and real-life would be never end story.

well maybe sgg should change pentagram to hexagram or octagram , but would it be another complain or issue to lost player too ?

1 Like

There are some who associate the upside down pentagram with witchcraft and Satanism. There are others to whom it is merely ā€œa magic symbolā€ commonly used in various roleplaying games.

I can see how the first might be offensive to some groups, and the second not so much.

I doubt SG was trying to offend anyone.

Having read all of the debate thus far, I think every viewpoint has been aired, so I am reclosing the thread.

7 Likes