Remove please the upside down pentagram symbol

Perhaps it should all be avoided, hmm?

What’s wrong with a wizard’s staff or somesuch? There are so many potential images from fantasy fiction that there’s no reason to delve into real life religion here.

4 Likes

This is just lame. It’s just symbol and has been used on the game for over a year. If you don’t like it, just eat all the heros that use that symbol. Problem solved.

8 Likes

Thanks Qwik, and great info! :smiley:
But let SG use a swastika, despite just being lines on a screen and having an equally innocuous history, and watch rationality evaporate (although not from you, i would venture).

eta… ah… somewhat ninja’d by 321Trotter

1 Like

now THAT is evil lol

1 Like

Sure, but because that violates specific German laws (I believe; IANAL). I’m not aware of any link between an inverted pentagram and any modern war crimes. Or any modern mainstream religion. Am I ignorant of some important connection (genuine question there)?

6 Likes

Using pentagram, SG potentially cut out their income because devout religious person might delete this game :grimacing:, just my imagination.

4 Likes

Honestly, the swastika is the symbol of group which did a horrendous thing to millions of people. There are videos and pictures and documents to prove it!

The pentagram is a star, a symbol that used to be used by the church itself before it stated its witch-hunt!

If you feel bad about the pentagram, what are you doing playing a game based on so many pagan symbolism? Witchs, mermaid, ghosts, heroes that create little demons to protect themselves?

Come on, these people complaining about the pentagram: would you feed away your Hel or Thoth-amun because they symbolize these terrible demoniac ideas? Doubt it!

4 Likes

Or treat it like a role-playing game. Shun the use of any sorcerers yourself, make it your quest to raid and battle teams that use sorcerers.

7 Likes

The only thing that has to be removed is this post imo.

Please :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Let’s just not go down that path.

I think magic, pentagrams, protection circles, demonstration of ANY religious beliefs will diverge from the “Top 3” religions on some level.

I vehemently resist this nonsense.

2 Likes

swastika is also use since like the beginning of civilization. It only has a bad connection to A.H.
many places in Asia and worldwide have swastika scattered around. So there’s that. not all symbols are bad.
can only wish people read more books and learn a lot of history.

3 Likes

Swastika has been tainted sufficiently to exclude, and has never really been canonical for any standard, mainstream, homogenized mythological purpose.

Rightfully, it should be banned.

Pentagrams? Bro, do you even magic?

2 Likes

I do not understand why there are so many problems.
Do you put Christian symbols? - Do not
Do you put Buddhist symbols? - Do not
Do you put symbols of any other religion? - Do not
Why? - Because it can offend people of other religions or atheists, right?
If that symbol has those connotations that may offend whoever it is, they are removed and the problem is over.

4 Likes

I think that the mere fact that we have DEMONS in the game, not to mention the Goddess HEL… would be enough to be offensive. But no, I’m sorry… pentagrams are canonical symbols.

If your religious virtues are offended, then you should exercise self control and play another game without them.

Banned? more like learn about it and not judge it completely because a certain Country/State used in war. ‘Those who do not learn ALL history are doomed to repeat it .’

1 Like

You can understand history and argue a fuller purpose but, in the end it is completely futile. I’ve learned all I care to about religious history, iconography and understand plenty about symbolism through the ages. I also have the common sense to apply them in modern context.

I agree that you do not discount one thing because one guy did one thing one time.

However, when the ONE symbol has been identified as a symbol of hatred and death for so many, and a trigger for millions more? I… kinda think you have to understand it should not be used for any mainstream purpose.

There are so few absolutes, and I am adamantly against them for the most part. One absolute I know:

“The Swastika should never be used again for any purpose”

No amount of learning will compensate for the total disregard for the hatred the Swastika represents.

5 Likes

Okay, I think both sides have made their points and Godwin’s Law has been proven correct once again. That’s a cue for a thread to be closed.

9 Likes

I dislike sorcerer emblem (pentagram) …

3 Likes

Any particular reason?