Random boards .... haha scoring method

I have written thousands of times about this topic…
I don’t care about the boards if they are random or not ( they are not random for sure not doubt about it and I laugh with the guys that say the opposite. Check Avalon …) I just want to ask about the scoring method in Avalon. I play mono and I saw that the score with full health for my heroes and less time that I won I got lower score than other times that I used other teams. Can you give me a hint about the scoring method except the time and the health ?

I’ve noticed that I get more points if I get those random protected enemies which give you a coin… As if there are bonus points for killing them, but I’m not 100% sure. Just an observation.

Avalon chest +5000

If you use battle items, like just bombing your way through the levels, you get lower scores.

Also the amount of combos comes into score, to compensate the time you lost when the combos are running.

1 Like

Comboes / moves, that’s the most important factor for scoring high.
Ideally you should move as little as possible but triggering as much combo as possible in that few moves.

Then items and special should allow you to clear the stage without moving board any further.

Let’s say you move twice and be able to combo for 20 tiles.
20/2 giving you a combo score of 10 (just as example)

Then you do a third move and do only a match 3.
Now your combo score is 23 (20 of before and 3 now) / 3 moves = 7,66

That last move decreased your total score.

So even if you were faster and with more health, your score could be less if you used too much moves and trigger few comboes.

Here’s a couple good resources I’ve bookmarked about scoring in challenge events and how to aim for top rewards.

Courtesy of @genuineness and @Wharflord

2 Likes

It has nothing to do with moves… I have already tried it and no result

The most important aspect of scoring is the ‘Match bonus’ which a lot of people who first start eventing struggle to appreciate how important it is. To expand on this the ‘Match Bonus’ is your total combo score divided by the number of moves you make. The match bonus adds a multiplier to the base score which itself is dependant on the stage.

For example, if you make only 1 move to clear a stage and make a combo/ cascade of 7, then the match bonus is a multiplier of 7. If you make 2 moves with a combo of 1 and 12, then the match bonus is (12+1)/2 = 6.5. As such for many people who compete for the highest scores, the trick is to try and complete a stage with 1 or at most 2 moves as you can focus on having a consistently high match bonus (not to mention you will have a high time and health bonus).

The mistake I commonly see when people start competing is that they mistake a board with an opening diamond with no cascade as an optimum board. It is not. Yes you can make the diamond and pop it, complete the stage in 15-20s but your score will be really low.

3 Likes

The chest although gives more points

I have used less moves and all of my items( axe attacks and arrows) but the score was low

There’s already 2 people and a video of top players doing that, but you still refuse the explanation.

You know what?
Don’t do that buddy, keep making a lot of moves :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Funny, tried this with epic level one, had a 10 combo shot on the 2nd and bet my old score, even if I was slower.

But, how do you go on after level 7, for example? With arrows, bombs, mana and axes, there is no chance to finish the level.

There’s a really good and short thread that covers this. It’s old but I still believe it is valid. Take a look.

It’s a mix of moves and time. If you are blasting your way through health is usually unimportant as it’s usually full (or near)

A good scores comes from a board that lets you get a diamond and a decent drop to charge up your team whilst wiping the mob, blasting through the middle and then finishing the bosses with specials (so mana potting them up repeatedly)

It’s hard to know if you’ve maxed your score on a level. You generally have a feeling that you left points out there after a while.

No place for irony… I just want to have an explanation as for other parts of a game that no one is sure and the game doesn’t make it clear

If you read the guide tagged above it basically talks you through how to do most levels in a lot of detail.

Closing since this is a duplicate and a couple good links were provided.