Raids: fair or unfair?

I’ve been in the game for almost two years. I still do not use a rainbow team when trying to win raids. I stack strong to the tank and neutral to one wing with a 3-2.

Perhaps consider using 3 strong holy and 2 fire heros for this team

1 Like

To answer the question posed by the original topic title…

It’s fair when you win.

And unfair when you lose.

Like night and day.

2 Likes

I’d say that you must be very very lucky to win with this lineup. First, you don’t have a healer. Second, you don’t have a hero that counters attack reduction and defense reduction that come from Buddy and Scarlett. Also, it is usually a good idea to bring at least two heroes of a color agains a defense tank. In your case - yellow heroes.

1 Like

The premise of the argument is that it your score doesn’t matter if you don’t get combinations or diamonds.

It wasn’t a #roastme line up.

If your only way of winning is to get a board with a big number of combos, then you don’t play it right. Raids are more about building a proper lineup agains a particular defense.
Boards can be bad on start and your team must live long enough to change a board in your favor.

3 Likes

Read what I typed before. Yes. There is strategy. I brought up that I was losing to opponents that were over 5 hundred.

The moderator asked for a screen shot. I had sent the screen shots of losing twice to an opponent that was almost 3 hundred less than me.

THAT WAS THE POINT. It had nothing to do with strategy. I don’t have 50 cards that are maxed out that I can exchange for “strategy.”

It is tough when you don’t have a solid roster. But you also don’t need 50 maxed…but 3 maxed 4 stars in each color starts to make things a whole lot easier its true.

Yes, the moderator asked for a screen shot. The reason it’s good to provide screen shots is because by looking at them, other players can often sense what you might be doing wrong and provide some advice to help you. That’s what @SuuriKoira and @SupremeAlienRaptor are doing.

I tend to agree with @SuuriKoira, for what it’s worth. Your team composition seems a bit rubbish given the enemy you were facing. Your heroes need to have specials that will negate your opponents and you can’t always rely for victories on cascades or fortuitous diamonds.

If you lack heroes then deepen your bench. If you have sufficient heroes then learn how to use them properly.

@SupremeAlienRaptor is smart but I disagree about stacking. At your level, facing the opponents you will face when you come online, you should certainly try to use rainbow teams if you can. You’ll have to work the boards harder and you won’t collect so many gift wins as you would stacking, but you also won’t suffer so many unavoidable losses.

Continue to ignore the point of the conversation.

Let’s mix it up more. What’s your favorite color?

I don’t understand: what do you think the point of the conversation is?

I’ll entertain. Obviously you read half I the comment. So… here it goes.

What.

Is.

The.

Point.

To.

Strategize?

You.

Should.

Be.

Able.

To.

Beat.

Anyone.

More.

Than.

300 strength.

Below.

You.

Or! I’ll just stay in the “gold” phase of raids to “strategize”

I’m just going to frame this, give me a second.

The point being that team power is a poor indicator of team synergy and actual strength. I stack 3-2 or 2-2-1 to make things work well together. You can also do that if you pay attention to specials on a rainbow.

As for an automatic win, that won’t happen. Playing the board, ghosting tiles, and figuring out a strategy are so part of progressing in this game. Might as well work on it now.

2 Likes

Unless you are doing something wrong. How might you fix that? Maybe you could take some advice from some more experienced players who are trying to help you,

Or maybe you could get very defensive and ignore them completely because you would rather blame the game than yourself.

4 Likes

Now you my dear have a severe attitude problem!

People are trying to help you and you are talking dow to them. :unamused:

So the first proposition would be to change your attitude.

Second: Of course you can loose against a team that has 300 cups less than you.

Thats exactely why you need to strategize!!! :rofl:

The scrennshot you gave is an excellent example.

Should you not have a 4* healer the you are really unlucky person.
Should you have one where is it ?

If you dont have a second yellow 4* then you are again a really unluck player ( although I would be very happy to have your Inari! :smile: )
If you have one and its not Hu Tao it should be in your team.

If you could show your hero roster people could give you much better advice.

3rd: Good luck with your raids in the future.

1 Like

Explain to me how you asked for water bc you’re thirsty and people keep bringing you bread.

Simply because there is a mismatch between what you are saying and what you are describing. You asked for water, but all symptoms you described (your screenshots and the way you refer to team power point difference as a valuable indicator) indicate that you are hungry but don’t want to admit it.

You are not the first and even not the hundredth person on this forum who blames boards to be wrong and even biased against players. The truth is that boards are random. Period. If you want to enjoy this game and progress in it, you have to admit this fact and live with it.
There are lots of topics that give useful recommendations on successful raiding. They also explain why team power is a very misleading Indictator of a team team force.

1 Like

To answer you directly then.

You’re right in saying your TP score doesn’t matter much. It doesn’t matter if you have a good board OR a bad board (although a good board helps) In other words, don’t rely on TP score as a guide - it isn’t especially helpful in predicting if you’ll win or lose a raid.

1 Like

After being in the game for more than a year, I could safely say the Raid mechanisme is perfectly fair. I am close to 4300tp and met most of the opponents around the range from high platinum to high diamond whereby I am able to beat those 4600tp and above on regular basis.
What makes it unfair was those gamers with over 4000tp team and still raiding in high gold or low platinum arena where it was supposed to be the playground for upcoming gamers.
With the right strategy, a 3600tp team can beat those over 4000tp anyday. This is the beauty of the board play. No one is invincible.

4 Likes